X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RR NBA Dynasty League (S4)

Joey wrote: View Post
    Your Archer post was significantly more accurate I'm sure.
    Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• Axel wrote: View Post
      Your archer post was significantly more accurate I'm sure.
      Hahaha It really was ... This is far more appropriate though.

Comment

• so axel has no picks we should send our lists to him right? with a "message when opened" clause.

Comment

• Joey wrote: View Post
          Hahaha It really was ... This is far more appropriate though.
          I believe as long as it's 14+ & tasteful, were okay.

Archer qualifies under that label.
          Axel wrote:
          Now Cody can stop posting about this guy and we have a poster to blame if anything goes wrong!!
          KeonClark wrote:
          We won't hear back from him. He dissapears into thin air and reappears when you least expect it. Ten is an enigma. Ten is a legend. Ten for the motherfucking win.
          KeonClark wrote:
          I can't wait until the playoffs start.

Until then, opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one and they most often stink

Comment

• Miekenstien wrote: View Post
            so axel has no picks we should send our lists to him right? with a "message when opened" clause.
            If you can't make the Live Draft, yes.

Comment

• Joey wrote: View Post
              If you can't make the Live Draft, yes.
              ok. i will do that in case. 7 am is around me getting ready for work time and the schedule is tight. after we hammer the details out i can plan for it better. 830 est or 9 est is the most ideal for me.

i would expect to be able to make any time but if one of my picks comes up and i am in transit i want the pick made.

Comment

• Personally very much prefer the long form draft. What really is the harm in reducing the edge players with top picks get ever so slightly due to changing info (in fairness, almost no info changes in the month of August, and at its longest the draft would be two weeks long, more likely a few days - that and making draft picks based on short term injury information might be a bad idea anyway with the Dynasty set up).

Meanwhile with long form, "live" participation should go way up, trades should go way up, and engagement in the league in the summer should go up.

I don't mean to be labor the point but I didn't want silence to be perceived as agreement.
                twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
                  Personally very much prefer the long form draft. What really is the harm in reducing the edge players with top picks get ever so slightly due to changing info (in fairness, almost no info changes in the month of August, and at its longest the draft would be two weeks long, more likely a few days - that and making draft picks based on short term injury information might be a bad idea anyway with the Dynasty set up).

Meanwhile with long form, "live" participation should go way up, trades should go way up, and engagement in the league in the summer should go up.

I don't mean to be labor the point but I didn't want silence to be perceived as agreement.
                  This does sound exciting... lol

Comment

• Not a fan of the lengthy draft. However, I encorage experimenting.

There has to be a time limet and no one should be punished for showing up Aug 1st.

My two cents.

Comment

• jbml wrote: View Post
                      Not a fan of the lengthy draft. However, I encorage experimenting.

There has to be a time limet and no one should be punished for showing up Aug 1st.

My two cents.
                      100% agree with both these points. See no reason why we would start the draft early. And I think the obvious time limit is 24 hours.
                      twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
                        100% agree with both these points. See no reason why we would start the draft early. And I think the obvious time limit is 24 hours.
                        I am good with that.

I just want to get it done already!
                        Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

• WJF wrote: View Post
                          here here!

Comment

• So has there been any decision made on what this will look like or which way does it appear to be leaning?

Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post
                              So has there been any decision made on what this will look like or which way does it appear to be leaning?
                              can joey, tucas or axel start a poll where we can just hammer this out quickly? i think you guys can see how often on average everyone checks the site so we can get a rough time frame.

me and apollo have the two quickest choices ever here. guarantee we are at pick three one minute after this starts unless i am asleep.

Comment

• WJF wrote: View Post
                                I am good with that.

We are still a few days away from the original draft date.

24 hour deadline isn't good. One, 24 hour clock keeps resetting from previous pick so people don't actually know when their pick is due. Could lead to missed pick especially if someone is travelling for work or vacation. Preset deadlines and shorter time frames make much more sense. If draft starts at 7, then if you are picking 3rd then you know that you must pick by 9pm at the latest (1st pick due at 7, 2nd due by 8 assuming 1 hour pick clock) regardless of how fast picks actually come in. That allows for someone to know when their pick is due and plan accordingly their real life accordingly. Long time frames like 24 hours don't allow for this unless the draft is going to take weeks. Have to expect people to have travel/work/family plans at this time of year (and every year too, this isn't a one off change).

Two, 24 hour timeframe with 16 picks could drag out process. "Live" draft wouldn't feel very live if it takes a week (or more).
                                Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

Working...
                                X