Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New York Knicks and Denver loss tracker for 2016 Lottery Pick surprise (thanks, Masai)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
    Several key games on the schedule tonight:

New York VS Portland - a loss would drop the Knicks a full game behind the Bucks, with Milwaukee holding 2 games in-hand

Orlando @ Dallas - the Magic seem to be creating separation from NY already, but a win would be nice (they hold 3 games in-hand over NY)

Brooklyn @ LAL - they couldn't possibly catch the Knicks, could they??
    Great night so far.. Knicks get crushed by Portland
    Could Booklyn catch the Knicks ?
    Of their next 10... 7 could be considered winnable games...see below and yeah the Bulls could now be a winnable game for the Nets....
    If the Knicks quit on Rambis and Phil and start mailing them in... it could get interesting.

Tue, Mar 1
    @
    Los Angeles

Fri, Mar 4
    @
    Denver

Sat, Mar 5
    @
    Minnesota

Tue, Mar 8
    @
    Toronto

Fri, Mar 11
    @
    Philadelphia

Sun, Mar 13
    vs
    Milwaukee

Tue, Mar 15
    vs
    Philadelphia

Thu, Mar 17
    @
    Chicago

Sat, Mar 19
    @
    Detroit

Tue, Mar 22
    vs.
    Charlotte
    There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
    - TGO

Comment

• psssst... I don't think Orlando got better with their trade

Comment

Letting go of "deadweight in Brooklyn" JJ and spreading their wings? They might....They Might

Comment

• rocwell wrote: View Post
          Calderon was booed badly. Poor guy
          He's basically become at best a spot up shooting 8th or 9th man, a maaybe average backup guard, and the new York knicks with no first rounder anyways this year have him starting. It's ridiculous
          9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• tonious35 wrote: View Post
            psssst... I don't think Orlando got better with their trade
            I think their trade is a precursor to trading Oladipo in the offseason

Their Payton/Hezonja/Gordon trio is a good start for building a franchise

KeonClark wrote: View Post
            He's basically become at best a spot up shooting 8th or 9th man, a maaybe average backup guard, and the new York knicks with no first rounder anyways this year have him starting. It's ridiculous
            He has been a career backup...

Comment

• Oh man. Knicks starting to fall apart, Gallo hurt. Raps on pace for 56 wins. Can this season get any better?

Comment

Several key games on the schedule tonight:

New York VS Portland - a loss would drop the Knicks a full game behind the Bucks, with Milwaukee holding 2 games in-hand

Orlando @ Dallas - the Magic seem to be creating separation from NY already, but a win would be nice (they hold 3 games in-hand over NY)

Portland won, and that was really the only critical game last night.

Several more on tap tonight:

Orlando VS Chicago - good opportunity for the Magic to take advantage of the wounded Bulls

Charlotte @ Philadelphia - the Hornets are pulling away from NY and this should be an easy win

New Orleans @ Houston - the Pelicans are ahead of Denver, but they need some wins to get ahead of NY overall

Sacramento @ Memphis - good opportunity for the Kings to take advantage of the wounded Grizzlies

Milwaukee VS Indiana - this is one of the 2 games in-hand that the Bucks have over NY; a win would be fantastic

Washington @ Minnesota - this game will help regardless; a Washington win helps immediately, but a Minnesota win could wind up helping Denver drop to the bottom-5 overall

Denver VS LA Lakers - a Nuggets loss could mark their demise; coupled with a Minnesota win, they'd be just 3 games ahead of the Timberwolves

Comment

Comment

• rocwell wrote: View Post
                    Now there's a move I can recreate on the court!
                    "Stop eating your sushi."
                    "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
                    "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
                    - Jack Armstrong

Comment

• OldSkoolCool wrote: View Post
                      I think their trade is a precursor to trading Oladipo in the offseason

Their Payton/Hezonja/Gordon trio is a good start for building a franchise
                      Yeah, except they've been rebuilding for 4 years already and are just now competitive (barely). Building with a new core is going to put them another 2-3 years away again, at least. That's a lot of rebuilding without any reward....

Comment

• If New York continues falling apart and AD can carry Nee Orleans to a few more wins this pick could be awesome
                        The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

If NYK go 0-20 down the stretch, they finish with 25 wins. For the Nets to catch them, they'd have to go 8-13 (0.381). That's about what they've been doing in their last ten games (4-6), but I'm not sure who has the tiebreaker, so they might actually need to go 9-12 (0.429). Regardless, I wouldn't bet on it.

Comment

• big red wrote: View Post
                            If NYK go 0-20 down the stretch, they finish with 25 wins. For the Nets to catch them, they'd have to go 8-13 (0.381). That's about what they've been doing in their last ten games (4-6), but I'm not sure who has the tiebreaker, so they might actually need to go 9-12 (0.429). Regardless, I wouldn't bet on it.
                            FYI, no tie-breakers for picks. Teams split the lotto balls assigned to the two lotto positions they might occupy, and a coin flip is done to determine order and who gets the extra lotto ball if the two lotto slots add up to an odd number of balls.
                            twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• Yeah, BKN looks way out of the race - but if Minny kicks it in gear (and gets a few wins against playoff teams resting against them late in the season) and NOP can clear the Knicks, in theory the DEN/NYK picks could sit 5/6.

Good news, Minny and NOP are both .500 over their last 10 games. So is DEN (4-6) but they just lost Gallo. And NYK are 2-8. So 5 and 6 (ie the 6th pick overall) is very much still in play, even if 6/7 or 6/8 is still more likely.
                              twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
                                Yeah, BKN looks way out of the race - but if Minny kicks it in gear (and gets a few wins against playoff teams resting against them late in the season) and NOP can clear the Knicks, in theory the DEN/NYK picks could sit 5/6.

Good news, Minny and NOP are both .500 over their last 10 games. So is DEN (4-6) but they just lost Gallo. And NYK are 2-8. So 5 and 6 (ie the 6th pick overall) is very much still in play, even if 6/7 or 6/8 is still more likely.
                                I think pellies pass the Knicks. I do not think the wolves have enough time
                                9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

Working...
                                X