Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New York Knicks and Denver loss tracker for 2016 Lottery Pick surprise (thanks, Masai)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DogeLover1234 wrote: View Post
    Side note, the Twolves look very good right now. Towns is a monster
    Jazz and TWolves look better than Denver now just waiting on NOP, Blazers and Suns

Comment

Was just scrolling through next years draft, and got excited all over again to add one of those power forwards. If they can come in, play solid defence, and take what comes on the offensive end, throw him in with the starters and it'll be really hard to screw up his development.

Comment

draps wrote: View Post
        Was just scrolling through next years draft, and got excited all over again to add one of those power forwards. If they can come in, play solid defence, and take what comes on the offensive end, throw him in with the starters and it'll be really hard to screw up his development.
        If Casey is still our coach (god I hope not) our rookie will get zero playing time.

Comment

DogeLover1234 wrote: View Post
          Side note, the Twolves look very good right now. Towns is a monster
          Towns being a monster is an understatement

Comment

tonious35 wrote: View Post
            I put him on the bench in favor of Val for my fantasy league on Friday. Poor life choice

Comment

Washington is really beating themselves at home vs. The Knicks, they should be up by 10+, but they are jamming a thumb up their asses tonight. Edit: yep they fucked up
              Last edited by tonious35; Sat Oct 31, 2015, 10:01 PM.

Comment

magoon wrote: View Post
                I think most people thought the Knicks were going to be better than last year, because Robin Lopez is a real NBA center and when you have one of those, your scorers do better, plain and simple. Kyle O'Quinn is probably a starting PF in this league as well, and Afflalo and Jose can contribute. Porzoobler is gonna be great one day.

New York's problem is that when any of those four plus Carmelo are injured, it all falls apart fast. I mean, Derrick Williams is their sixth man! Derrick freaking Williams! Their bench is Williams, Langston Galloway, Kevin Seraphin and a bunch of kids and rooks - that's barely a bench.
                They start Jose "Ole" Calderone at PG. He is wearing SPF 100 for the wind burn he is getting as even average PG simply blow by him. His running mate is Sasha Vujovic. Backing them up are D League star Langston Galloway and first year man Jerian Grant.
                Zinger at PF is going to be good. Just not this year. Robin Lopez is a bona fide NBA C but he just isn't a difference maker.
                And as you point out .. the first man off the bench is Derrick Williams.
                Their coach is in his second year and will likely spend at least a few pressers answering questions on if Matt Barnes has a gun.
                Phil Jackson bless his heart has seen his best days already and now is more head scratch master rather than zen master.

Which leaves us with the elephant in the room ...Carmelo. Which Carmello do we see this year ? The version that went 10 of 27 against the Hawks or the guy who went 11 of 18 for 37 against the Whiz ? If its the former then watch for the New York Press to start the Melo-watch trade talk circus by Christmas. I am betting its the former as Melo at 31 is entering his 13th season on a bad knee. Sure he will have some games but he like the Zen Master has seen his best days already.

My bet is the Knicks do a Hindenburg yet again finishing 12th or 13th in the East.
                There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
                - TGO

Comment

If Melo goes 11/18 for 37 points too frequently that might hurt lotto aspirations.

I'm also starting to worry about Malone in Denver.

Big part of NBa is not giving up. Malone gets guys to work for him.

I'm not as optimistic.

Fingers crossed.

Comment

Demographic Shift wrote: View Post
                    They start Jose "Ole" Calderone at PG. He is wearing SPF 100 for the wind burn he is getting as even average PG simply blow by him. His running mate is Sasha Vujovic. Backing them up are D League star Langston Galloway and first year man Jerian Grant.
                    Zinger at PF is going to be good. Just not this year. Robin Lopez is a bona fide NBA C but he just isn't a difference maker.
                    And as you point out .. the first man off the bench is Derrick Williams.
                    Their coach is in his second year and will likely spend at least a few pressers answering questions on if Matt Barnes has a gun.
                    Phil Jackson bless his heart has seen his best days already and now is more head scratch master rather than zen master.

Which leaves us with the elephant in the room ...Carmelo. Which Carmello do we see this year ? The version that went 10 of 27 against the Hawks or the guy who went 11 of 18 for 37 against the Whiz ? If its the former then watch for the New York Press to start the Melo-watch trade talk circus by Christmas. I am betting its the former as Melo at 31 is entering his 13th season on a bad knee. Sure he will have some games but he like the Zen Master has seen his best days already.

My bet is the Knicks do a Hindenburg yet again finishing 12th or 13th in the East.
                    GaLloway is earning it and deserving it IMHO. Melo will be Melo. Washington showed they already missed Pierce and getting Dudley was a mitigated disaster

Comment

mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
                      If Melo goes 11/18 for 37 points too frequently that might hurt lotto aspirations.

I'm also starting to worry about Malone in Denver.

Big part of NBa is not giving up. Malone gets guys to work for him.

I'm not as optimistic.

Fingers crossed.
                      I trust the Knicks to be the Knicks for a couple more years. Don't get me wrong. Carmelo is still a threat...and here's the but... but he is 31 and is coming off knee surgery....he is their one scoring threat and the minutes he plays plus the extra attention he will get night in and night out combined with his age and health will just wear him down. When your tired your game suffers and the 6 month grind that is the NBA season coupled with little support from the rest of the Knicks squad will simply run Melo and the Knicks outta gas by January.

Really don't follow the west conference all that much. Tough to see Denver making the top eight or being better than Phoenix or Utah or New Orleans. Think they finish in the bottom 5 out there.
                      - TGO

Comment

GaLloway is earning it and deserving it IMHO. Melo will be Melo. Washington showed they already missed Pierce and getting Dudley was a mitigated disaster
                        You may as well go with Galloway.. its not like Jose and Vujacic are going to be fixtures for the Knicks beyond this year. Jose has been a good soldier but he is was a poor defender on his best days and those are behind him.
                        - TGO

Comment

Maybe then the Wolves will trade us that flash in the pan bum Wiggins now that Karl Towns has arrived ... :-)
                          - TGO

Comment

Not exactly topic related, and I know it's mostly his fault for being dumb and choosing a poor situation, but poor Carmelo. He's so good. Few guys can take over games in today's NBA like he can. His team is spare parts and yet he pulls an efficient 37-pointer to get the W despite a game Wall-Beal combo.

Also, fuck Carmelo, pulling 37 points out of his ass.

Comment

GuiJaeger wrote: View Post
                              Not exactly topic related, and I know it's mostly his fault for being dumb and choosing a poor situation, but poor Carmelo. He's so good. Few guys can take over games in today's NBA like he can. His team is spare parts and yet he pulls an efficient 37-pointer to get the W despite a game Wall-Beal combo.

Also, fuck Carmelo, pulling 37 points out of his ass.
                              Melo had his best statistical year two years ago and Knicks were in the lottery.

Comment

KeonClark wrote: View Post
                                I was gonna make this thread, and call it the Primo Pasta Pick Tracker
                                Somebody change the name NOW!! lol

Comment

Working...
                                X