Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Wiz didn't extend Bradley Beal

@sweatpantsjer

They didn't extend Beal because they need the cap space for Durant. Beal's almost certainly gonna be a Kawhi Leonard sort of a thing - they'll get a deal in place almost immediately after they know what happens with Durant.

Comment

...or for the exact same reason Demar wasn't extended. Why would Beal take an extension when hi value on the open market is going to be way more? Come on . There's nothing to see here.

Comment

Bradley Beal, starting SG for the Toronto Raptors has a really nice ring to it
        @sweatpantsjer

Comment

blackjitsu wrote: View Post
          ...or for the exact same reason Demar wasn't extended. Why would Beal take an extension when hi value on the open market is going to be way more? Come on . There's nothing to see here.
          Extension can actually take next year's cap into consideration.. this is how Anthony Davis got $145M from the Pelicans.

DD's situation is a bit different since he's not coming off a rookie contract and his non-rookie deal was modest.

Comment

planetmars wrote: View Post
            Extension can actually take next year's cap into consideration.. this is how Anthony Davis got $145M from the Pelicans.

DD's situation is a bit different since he's not coming off a rookie contract and his non-rookie deal was modest.
            Okay. I see. This is pretty damn big then. hmmm.

Comment

blackjitsu wrote: View Post
              Okay. I see. This is pretty damn big then. hmmm.
              It really isn't. Beal will almost certainly play for the Wiz in 2016/17, barring a major status change, because they have his Bird rights and as an RFA they can match any offer. They're not extending him now because this way they have max space to offer Kevin Durant, and they're one of the few teams that can realistically snag Durant (hometown + compatible superstars to play with is a good formula). If they extended him now they wouldn't have max space, so...

Comment

In related news, Charlotte just gave Jeremy freaking Lamb a three-year $21m extension, because he's never proven he can play NBA ball consistently and... I don't even know.

Comment

magoon wrote: View Post
                  In related news, Charlotte just gave Jeremy freaking Lamb a three-year $21m extension, because he's never proven he can play NBA ball consistently and... I don't even know.
                  Because Charlotte. That franchise is a disaster.
                  "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

His cap hold is pretty small. If you want cap space this is a no-brainer.

Makes me think, with Masai actually negotiating with Ross, that cap space isn't our end-game.

Comment

I also don't know why people are freaking out about Lamb. 7 mill is barely above the MLE.

Comment

SkywalkerAC wrote: View Post
                        His cap hold is pretty small. If you want cap space this is a no-brainer.

Makes me think, with Masai actually negotiating with Ross, that cap space isn't our end-game.
                        As long as it's a good-value contract that could easily be moved, I think any reference (pro/con) to the bold is a moot point.

Comment

CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
                          As long as it's a good-value contract that could easily be moved, I think any reference (pro/con) to the bold is a moot point.
                          It just becomes the "trading into cap space taking no money back" scenario that people seem wary of (and rightly so).

Comment

It doesn't look like a deal is going to happen anyway - potential cap space preserved!

Comment

SkywalkerAC wrote: View Post
                              I also don't know why people are freaking out about Lamb. 7 mill is barely above the MLE.
                              He's literally done nothing in the NBA. Why pay him anything? His friends Perry Jones who's better than him is playing in the dleague where Lamb should be
                              "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

Working...
                              X