Game #6 - Toronto Raptors 87 - Orlando Magic 92

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A.I wrote: View Post
    But this year Raptors are different than last year Raptors.
    For now... we got the same coach, and four of the same players in the starting lineup who take the bulk of the minutes.

The first 20 games are usually a test run, the next 20-25 games usually make you the team you are going to be until the end of the year.

Comment

S.R. wrote: View Post
      Ummmm, those four losses? They lost by 1 point to Washington, by 5 to Chicago, in OT against Houston, and in double OT against OKC. If the Raps take the night off, they will lose.

#StayHumble
      #StayHungry
      That's the great thing about this armchair. I don't have to be humble at all. Unless Fournier goes for 40, I don't see how we don't win by 8+.

Comment

Hump de bump
        OG is our king

Comment

It's a bit of a bummer that both Dallas (to Charlotte) and OKC (to Chicago) lost again after the Raptors beat them. Makes the Raptors wins less great.

Comment

With Vuc out it's more of a challenge for Casey than anyone else. Is he going to play JV or go back to small ball because the Magic don't have anyone 'big'?

Comment

planetmars wrote: View Post
              With Vuc out it's more of a challenge for Casey than anyone else. Is he going to play JV or go back to small ball because the Magic don't have anyone 'big'?
              I have the same concern.
              Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

It's a bit of a bummer that both Dallas (to Charlotte) and OKC (to Chicago) lost again after the Raptors beat them. Makes the Raptors wins less great.
                Raps broke them.

Comment

Axel wrote: View Post
                  I have the same concern.
                  Punish them inside. Unleash JV and Scola, surrounded by 3pt shooters. If there was ever a time to 'practice' a true inside-out game, this would be it. It would also give Lowry & DeRozan a bit of a breather, ahead of the Miami game.

I would have been concerned last year, but this year I actually think Casey might at least try to feed the bigs. If JV and Scola get off to hot starts, he could very well stick to the strategy.

I still think it's about 43.5% chance of matching up with a 4-guard/wing lineup, which is a step in the right direction for Casey.

Comment

A.I wrote: View Post
                    20 and 20 for JV, I'm calling it.
                    My fantasy team hopes your right.

Comment

CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
                      Punish them inside. Unleash JV and Scola, surrounded by 3pt shooters. If there was ever a time to 'practice' a true inside-out game, this would be it. It would also give Lowry & DeRozan a bit of a breather, ahead of the Miami game.

I would have been concerned last year, but this year I actually think Casey might at least try to feed the bigs. If JV and Scola get off to hot starts, he could very well stick to the strategy.

I still think it's about 43.5% chance of matching up with a 4-guard/wing lineup, which is a step in the right direction for Casey.
                      I can see Casey playing Biyombo for long stretches.

Even in the OKC game I didn't like how Casey managed the subs for JV-BB. JV played about 10 mins straight, but then so did BB. These guys aren't in a timeshare, JV should be getting all the minutes he can reasonably handle, while BB spells him for a breather.

In 5 games, at least 2 of them I've seen concerns with BB-JV minutes/subs. An improvement over last year, but certainly not free of concern.
                      Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

Casey is going to have to show whether He is a Positive for the Team, or a negative.

What I mean is that this is a Catch em type game family, aka trap game. The Team is going to have to be ON BALL from the Jump...They can't take this team lightly. Attack from the jump and don't let up, Like one of the Brothas said, Orlando too OKC to double overtime, majority of their Games have been real close, and they lost because they are not use to being at the position of winning Games, so they don't know how to close Games...Nuh let dem close de game pon we. Put a Fiya Pon dem.
                        Last edited by CB4Champ; Fri Nov 6, 2015, 01:44 PM.

Comment

CB4Champ wrote: View Post
                          Casey is going to have to show whether He is a Positive for the Team, or a negative.

What I mean is that this is a Catch em type game family, aka trap game. The Team is going to have to be ON BALL from the Jump...They can't take this team lightly. Attack from the jump and don't let up, Like one of the Brothas said, Orlando too OKC to double overtime, majority of their Games have been real close, and they lost because they are not use to being at the position of winning Games, so they don't know how to close Games...Nuh let dem close de game pon we. Put a Fiya Pon dem.
                          Will DeMar "The Example" DeRozan and Jonas "The Instigator" Valanciunas dominate tonight fam?
                          Last edited by The Great One; Fri Nov 6, 2015, 02:02 PM.
                          Mamba Mentality

Comment

Raps wins still good regardless. They beat a top tier team at home on a back to back and that is pretty damn good. OKC losing to Chicago on the road on their second game of a back to back is not out of the ordinary. Questions for OKC might start with if Billy Donovan is adapting seamlessly to the pro game from the college game. Set your watch to it if OKC hovers slightly above .500.

Winning at Dallas in their home opener was a good win as well. Not nearly as significant as the OKC win but still a solid workmanlike win against a non crap team at home.

Crap defined as Philly / Knicks / Lakers
                            Last edited by Demographic Shift; Fri Nov 6, 2015, 02:15 PM.
                            There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
                            - TGO

Comment

TRex wrote: View Post
                              Will DeMar "The Example" DeRozan and Jonas "The Instigator" Valanciunas dominate tonight fam?
                              Tha Example is always Poised to do dat dere on Teams Family, Him have some tings ta prove pon de court, and Hima BE a terror pon de court for other Teams.

Instigator is one of the Main reasons why I Hope Casey shows he Is a Plus for the Team...GO TO VALY EARY AND OFTEN, Orlandos Big Man(Nikola) is injured for the Game...This is where we take Advantage, None on the Magic can battle with The Young Big Man, So Run the Game through Jonas, Truth be told I did not expect Tha Instigator to be making such quick moves so early on, He came out HUNGRAY This Season, and He is Munching Slow! "He is Taking his Time Wit this"

All Inside All, Cory Joseph aka "Motion" will be The X Factor to whether We Blow out this team, Victor Oladipo and Ze Frenchman Fournier are no Joke...Should Be a Fun Game Still.

Comment

CB4Champ wrote: View Post
                                Tha Example is always Poised to do dat dere on Teams Family, Him have some tings ta prove pon de court, and Hima BE a terror pon de court for other Teams.

Instigator is one of the Main reasons why I Hope Casey shows he Is a Plus for the Team...GO TO VALY EARY AND OFTEN, Orlandos Big Man(Nikola) is injured for the Game...This is where we take Advantage, None on the Magic can battle with The Young Big Man, So Run the Game through Jonas, Truth be told I did not expect Tha Instigator to be making such quick moves so early on, He came out HUNGRAY This Season, and He is Munching Slow! "He is Taking his Time Wit this"

All Inside All, Cory Joseph aka "Motion" will be The X Factor to whether We Blow out this team, Victor Oladipo and Ze Frenchman Fournier are no Joke...Should Be a Fun Game Still.
                                they way you talk is making jerome really confused

Comment

Working...
                                X