Will Bruno get some playing time?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

peanutwoozle wrote: View Post
    Bennett cannot be assigned though as it has been over 2 years since he signed his 1st nba contract and doesn't need to be rehabbed from injury.
    Then Roberts guy for Bennett still a good 5 for D-league which is still kinda sad

Comment

peanutwoozle wrote: View Post
      Bennett cannot be assigned though as it has been over 2 years since he signed his 1st nba contract and doesn't need to be rehabbed from injury.
      Sure he can. First, they have another year before his automatic assignment status ends. Second, even with three-years-plus-experience players, you can send them down for any reason if they give consent.
      twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Is it 2025 yet?

Comment

they should just say fuck it and play him 30 tonight, if they cant win with him on the floor tn, they suck

Comment

draps wrote: View Post
            they should just say fuck it and play him 30 tonight, if they cant win with him on the floor tn, they suck
            At the moment I'm expecting the Raptors to lose even against the Sixers lol. Lets see if they can prove me wrong. And yes Bruno and Powell need to play tonight.

Comment

Scraptor wrote: View Post
              Is it 2025 yet?
              Yes it is. You missed 3 Raptors championships while you were out. Sorry you missed it! But you're back just in time for the beginning of an exciting 10-year-rebuild.

Comment

I took my kid to the Raps905 game yesterday, so thought I'd provide an update on Bruno (at least based on 1 game).

His shot looks really good. Super smooth stroke. If he's got his feet set on the catch, it's basically a guaranteed bucket.

He's getting more comfortable with his handles too. There were a few instances where they cleared out for him at the top of the circle, and he made some good moves getting past his defender (with either hand).

His defense looks passable at this stage. He knows where he's supposed to be, whether on the weak side or strong side, he gets his hands in the lanes (deflected a lot of passes), and his weak side timing at the rim is pretty impressive too. A lot of sneaky blocks.

The biggest knock is his physical weakness. He still gets pushed around very easily. He doesn't have the strength to keep defenders from backing him down, and he gets out-muscled on the glass on either end of the court. And even on his dribble drives, after the initial nice move, the defender is able to provide subtle pressure to force the shot going away from the rim.

Overall, I'd say that he's bridging the gap nicely from "raw kid" to rotation player (based purely on skill set), but he's got a loooooong way to go before he's physically strong enough to compete at the NBA level.

---------------------

Other random observations:
                - Free parking at the Hershey Centre, huzzah!
                - They didn't hire anyone to sing the anthems, but instead played instrumental versions.
                - Capacity is listed at 5,400 seats for basketball. I'd say there were 1,500 people at most. I basically had a whole section to myself.
                - Stripes seems to be taking his demotion in stride. Did a decent job of entertaining the sparse crowd.
                - Unlike the ACC where they add portable seating behind each baseline (compared to the hockey seating configuration), the Hershey Centre remains empty. On one end, they filled that spot with a Raptors905 gift shop. It's funny seeing people buying "We The North" tuques while the game is live.

Comment

Nilanka wrote: View Post
                  I took my kid to the Raps905 game yesterday, so thought I'd provide an update on Bruno (at least based on 1 game).

His shot looks really good. Super smooth stroke. If he's got his feet set on the catch, it's basically a guaranteed bucket.

He's getting more comfortable with his handles too. There were a few instances where they cleared out for him at the top of the circle, and he made some good moves getting past his defender (with either hand).

His defense looks passable at this stage. He knows where he's supposed to be, whether on the weak side or strong side, he gets his hands in the lanes (deflected a lot of passes), and his weak side timing at the rim is pretty impressive too. A lot of sneaky blocks.

The biggest knock is his physical weakness. He still gets pushed around very easily. He doesn't have the strength to keep defenders from backing him down, and he gets out-muscled on the glass on either end of the court. And even on his dribble drives, after the initial nice move, the defender is able to provide subtle pressure to force the shot going away from the rim.

Overall, I'd say that he's bridging the gap nicely from "raw kid" to rotation player (based purely on skill set), but he's got a loooooong way to go before he's physically strong enough to compete at the NBA level.

---------------------

Other random observations:
                  - Free parking at the Hershey Centre, huzzah!
                  - They didn't hire anyone to sing the anthems, but instead played instrumental versions.
                  - Capacity is listed at 5,400 seats for basketball. I'd say there were 1,500 people at most. I basically had a whole section to myself.
                  - Stripes seems to be taking his demotion in stride. Did a decent job of entertaining the sparse crowd.
                  - Unlike the ACC where they add portable seating behind each baseline (compared to the hockey seating configuration), the Hershey Centre remains empty. On one end, they filled that spot with a Raptors905 gift shop. It's funny seeing people buying "We The North" tuques while the game is live.
                  2 years away from being 2 years away?

Comment

danno wrote: View Post
                    2 years away from being 2 years away?
                    Probably just 2 years away now.

Comment

Nilanka wrote: View Post
                      Probably just 2 years away now.
                      So you are saying there's a chance?

Comment

danno wrote: View Post
                        So you are saying there's a chance?
                        Not in hell. Should've totally drafted Jordan Clarkson instead

Comment

Working...
                        X