Dmc

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

golden wrote: View Post
    Cousins has never had an ORTG over 110 and is a career ORTG @ 102. That's really bad efficiency, especially considering he has an insane USG rate well over 30 (WTF), for the past 3 seasons.

He's only had a TS% above 55% once in his career, a few years back. Again, that's pretty bad. It's no wonder he's constantly battling with his coaches over the years, because he's been chucking his teams out of games.

DMC is a classic volume "pseudo-star" who will become an addition-by-subtraction for the Kings when they trade him.
    Malone was the only one to convince hn hes big and strong and not a PG

Comment

raptors999 wrote: View Post
      Malone was the only one to convince hn hes big and strong and not a PG
      Firing Malone was very shortsighted. They should have at least made sure whoever they hired next was ecstatic to work with DMC, not wanting to get rid of him immediately like Karl was. The relationship seemed doomed from the get go.

Comment

I think the Raps are a viable potential bidder for DMC. Even if they hesitate to part with JV (and they might not, at all) they have a wealth of rookie scale/minimum deals, 4 picks in the next two years including a probable lotto pick this year, and a variety of young but established pieces - DeMar, Ross, Patterson, CoJo - plus loads of expiring if need be (DD, Biyombo, Scola, JJ).
        twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Primer wrote: View Post
          For instance, Atlanta could offer Horford and Teague for DMC. Teague is an all star PG but expendable because the heir apparent Schroeder looks more than ready to take over. Horford isn't a natural C and is on the last year of his deal. You add those two to Sac and they are a much improved team. Atlanta gets a true C to put next to Millsap, and DMC gets to play the hyrbid C/PF role Horford has been playing in Budenholzer's offense (it's much different than the traditional C role).

Miami could offer Bosh and Justise Winslow. They get back an all star PF and a very promising young SF. Miami gets a deadly combo of DMC and Whiteside.

The Suns could offer Bledsoe and Chandler or Morris.

I could go on and on making much better offers than Boston could come up with if the goal is to get back star players, which is exactly what I think the goal would be if they deal DMC (I still say there is no chance they deal him).
          Yes, it is entirely possible to suggest contents from every team in the league that Sacramento would be thrilled to get for Boogie. Hey, you know what else? I bet Sacramento would LOVE to trade Boogie to Golden State for Steph Curry. But it's not going to happen, because teams don't trade the star player they've built their franchise around unless they're going into a rebuild phase or they don't have a choice. Atlanta isn't trading Al Horford, a multiple-time All-Star and the lynchpin of their franchise. Chris Bosh almost certainly has a no-trade clause in his contract. And so on and so forth. It doesn't make sense for a team to trade a star player for Boogie because trading a star for a star is an incremental upgrade, which is why it happens so rarely.

Sacramento isn't going to get stars in exchange for Boogie because there aren't any other disgruntled star players out there. They might be able to get a bad deal on a star who's often injured or is on the decline (like, say, Brook Lopez or Joe Johnson). But they'd be stupid to take that.

Comment

magoon wrote: View Post
            Yes, it is entirely possible to suggest contents from every team in the league that Sacramento would be thrilled to get for Boogie. Hey, you know what else? I bet Sacramento would LOVE to trade Boogie to Golden State for Steph Curry. But it's not going to happen, because teams don't trade the star player they've built their franchise around unless they're going into a rebuild phase or they don't have a choice. Atlanta isn't trading Al Horford, a multiple-time All-Star and the lynchpin of their franchise. Chris Bosh almost certainly has a no-trade clause in his contract. And so on and so forth. It doesn't make sense for a team to trade a star player for Boogie because trading a star for a star is an incremental upgrade, which is why it happens so rarely.

Sacramento isn't going to get stars in exchange for Boogie because there aren't any other disgruntled star players out there. They might be able to get a bad deal on a star who's often injured or is on the decline (like, say, Brook Lopez or Joe Johnson). But they'd be stupid to take that.
            I think you're completely wrong with everything your wrote here. Boogie is a bigger star than everyone I suggested trading for, and he's signed long term on a good priced deal. The fact you think Miami wouldn't swap Bosh for Boogie in a heartbeat is laughable (Bosh doesn't have any trade clause in his contract). Same with all the other trades too. The teams other than Sac are probably winning those trades, just not by much, so the motivation for the teams other than Sac is clear. Sacramento will have zero motivation to trade Boogie to Boston for a bunch of mid 1st round picks.

Comment

Primer wrote: View Post
              I think you're completely wrong with everything your wrote here. Boogie is a bigger star than everyone I suggested trading for, and he's signed long term on a good priced deal. The fact you think Miami wouldn't swap Bosh for Boogie in a heartbeat is laughable (Bosh doesn't have any trade clause in his contract). Same with all the other trades too. The teams other than Sac are probably winning those trades, just not by much, so the motivation for the teams other than Sac is clear. Sacramento will have zero motivation to trade Boogie to Boston for a bunch of mid 1st round picks.
              One other reason why this Boston pick collection wont cut the deal for Boogie is because Sac can't afford to start a rebuild with bunch of rookies. They just traded away their next three picks to the Sixers in a "salary dump" to sign Rondo(!). No incentive in developing rookies.

Comment

Do you guys think JV+ T-ross+ Raps 2016 1st +Den/NYK 2016 1st for DMC + Belli would be enough to get it done?
                #BringBackUzoh

Comment

DMC has been playing unreal fucking good. He's averaging over 36 points per game on their current 3 game win streak. They aren't trading him. Thread over.

Comment

Working...
                  X