Dmc

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DanH wrote: View Post
    Turns out this isn't true. Coon's FAQ is unclear, and I was lazy so I asked Bobby Marks on Twitter - he said no trading them (was discussing JV at the time), so I went with it. But yesterday I finally found the section of the CBA long text that defines the limit on trading extended players and it definitely only applies to veteran extensions, not rookie scale.

We can trade them immediately, of course there's the poison pill provision that makes it difficult to match salaries.
    Interesting... thanks.

Comment

Primer wrote: View Post
      Ross would be like a $1 bill and DMC a $100 bill. Ross is totally irrelevant to any possible DMC trade, he'd just be filler. Not to mention DanH clarified he can be traded right now, so the fact he's signed long term makes him a more desirable asset if a team actually wanted him.
      That's what I said Ross would be in a package for DMC. I never said Ross would headline the trade going to SAC. I think if a trade did happen it would be JV+Ross+ NYK/DEN for DMC + filler.

Just realized that DMC and JV are pretty being paid the same thing. If you can get DMC on that contract who ever you trade to get him would be a steal.
      @Chr1st1anL

Comment

Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
        He would of been apart of the package. Ross still has the potential tag on him. A guy that can win the 3 point and dunk contest and under 25. Will always have value
        Now I wonder if the signing was due to similar reasons.

Comment

Mindlessness wrote: View Post
          Now I wonder if the signing was due to similar reasons.
          I pretty sure it is. Unless Ross has a breakout season all of a sudden, I expect him to be involved in a trade during the off-season.

Comment

Here's how it goes down
            In December when FA are tradable, 3 team trade
            Toronto/Miami/Sacramento
            Toronto in: cousins, belineli, Richardson 22 mil
            Miami in: Carroll, collisions, nogueria
            20.5 mil
            Sacramento in: deng(exp), Anderson(exp), Winslow, Ross,
            21.2 according to trade machine(which works), but should be higher because of Ross poison pill
            2016 Knicks, 2017 raptors or clippers(Right to swap)

We get a star player, Miami gets what they wanted in deng and probably sees it as a contending move, Sacramento can tank, get a good prospect in Winslow, potential high pick, and talk those dummy's into Ross having upside. Fair?

Comment

draps wrote: View Post
              Here's how it goes down
              In December when FA are tradable, 3 team trade
              Toronto/Miami/Sacramento
              Toronto in: cousins, belineli, Richardson 22 mil
              Miami in: Carroll, collisions, nogueria
              20.5 mil
              Sacramento in: deng(exp), Anderson(exp), Winslow, Ross,
              21.2 according to trade machine(which works), but should be higher because of Ross poison pill
              2016 Knicks, 2017 raptors or clippers(Right to swap)

We get a star player, Miami gets what they wanted in deng and probably sees it as a contending move, Sacramento can tank, get a good prospect in Winslow, potential high pick, and talk those dummy's into Ross having upside. Fair?
              And our perimeter defense turns to crap. Also with DD in the mix, Cousins or even JV will never be able to post up as much they want to. DD just isn't a good shooter.

Comment

A.I wrote: View Post
                And our perimeter defense turns to crap. Also with DD in the mix, Cousins or even JV will never be able to post up as much they want to. DD just isn't a good shooter.
                It's a long term move, not a win a championship this year thing.
                Build around jv, cousins bully ball, or try and attract a big 3.

Comment

I'd think DD would be involved in any Cousins deal that doesn't include JV. Especially if there is a third team involved - that third team needs to be a hopeful contender like Miami and I'd expect them to be more interested in star power than role players.

That said, I can't imagine a much better pitch for a guy like Durant in free agency than to come play beside a couple of twin towers protecting the paint and Kyle Lowry.
                  twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

That said, I can't imagine a much better pitch for a guy like Durant in free agency than to come play beside a couple of twin towers protecting the paint and Kyle Lowry.
                    This to me is the primary motivation for making a move this year. If we get bounced in the first round again I feel like we're going to get tagged with a "loser" label and the best free agents won't even give us the time of day.

Comment

I'd think DD would be involved in any Cousins deal that doesn't include JV. Especially if there is a third team involved - that third team needs to be a hopeful contender like Miami and I'd expect them to be more interested in star power than role players.

Cousins' immaturity and character issues still concerns me. Winning and proper coach could fix that though.

Kyle Lowry
                      Demarre Carroll
                      Kevin Durant
                      Demarcus Cousins
                      Jonas Valanciunas

Given the proper coach, that lineup is championship contender level though.
                      Last edited by A.I; Fri Nov 13, 2015, 01:08 AM.

Comment

Sorry guys.... Hate to be a spoiler. However, I think there's NO WAY we get DMC without giving up JV.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Is there any way we can sign Charles Oakley to the veterans minimum to keep DMC in line?

Comment

special1 wrote: View Post
                            Sorry guys.... Hate to be a spoiler. However, I think there's NO WAY we get DMC without giving up JV.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                            I think most of us are ok with giving up Jonas in this scenario.

Comment

I'm a big fan of Cousins' play but not a fan of the player himself.

With that said, a front court with him and JV would be insanely good (as, like AH, it appears that Cousins prefers the 4 to the 5). I think if you could do it for DD+PP+filler, it'd be worth a shot as I do think that it would definitely make a pitch to someone like Durant more appealing. Plus I also like the idea of running a KL, TR, DCa, DCo, JV starting line up this season in the meanwhile.
                              "My biggest concern as a coach is to not confuse winning with progress." - Steve Kerr
                              "If it's unacceptable in defeat, it's unacceptable in victory." - Jeff Van Gundy

Comment

I think two things will happen.

1. SAC will trade Cousins instead of firing Karl, because at this point they're already on the hook for one ex-coach's salary (Malone) and they don't want be on the hook for a second's salary as well. Cousins is a fantastic player, but Kevin Love was a great player in Minnesota and at a certain point you have to admit that it's not going to happen with this guy.

2. If he goes anywhere, Boogie's going to Boston. I'm not Bill Simmons; it just makes sense. Boston can offer multiple draft picks, including the near-priceless Nets pick this year (which is almost certainly going to end up top three) and whatever players they trade to make up salary will be solid replacements. I mean, the easiest answer for the trade is David Lee plus picks, and David Lee is both a good player who can potentially be moved later for more value before the deadline AND he's expiring salary to boot. Or maybe they do a bunch of young players - say Olynyk, Sullinger and Thomas.

There's just no way we can beat Boston's potential offer for Boogie. Ainge has been stockpiling resources for years precisely for this kind of scenario and nearly snagged Kevin Love with it last year - and the Nets pick is worth much, much more now.

Comment

Working...
                                X