No announcement yet.

(Another thread about) PF situation...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• (Another thread about) PF situation...

Scola is a great veteran player and Patterson is also a pretty good player.

I really like both of them. But 11 games in the season, we have to come to this conclusion: the 4 spot is, by far, our weakest position and our biggest position of need.

I know that we were playing against Cousins tonight, the most dominant F/C in the game right now. But I just think we clearly need another big to start along JV. When he does not play well, we have nobody to take the load.

With that being said, I'm confident that this team can make big noise this season. I know that the consensus was to wait until next summer or draft to make a move to improve, but if there is a way to not wait, I think this would be the time for Masai to pull the thrigger.

Would there be a way to upgrade our PF position before the trade deadline?

Where not making any noise at all. I have zero idea how your confident in this team
    "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

charlesnba23 wrote: View Post
      Scola is a great veteran player and Patterson is also a pretty good player.

I really like both of them. But 11 games in the season, we have to come to this conclusion: the 4 spot is, by far, our weakest position and our biggest position of need.

I know that we were playing against Cousins tonight, the most dominant F/C in the game right now. But I just think we clearly need another big to start along JV. When he does not play well, we have nobody to take the load.

With that being said, I'm confident that this team can make big noise this season. I know that the consensus was to wait until next summer or draft to make a move to improve, but if there is a way to not wait, I think this would be the time for Masai to pull the thrigger.

Would there be a way to upgrade our PF position before the trade deadline?
      Call me a pessimist, but I don't see a good way to get a pf midseason who will both help short term and long term. because we can't really trade JV or Ross until the offseason, we don't have much in the way of assets aside from picks and young prospects. I suggest playing out the year with no additions and trying to get as far as we can. If we make a good showing in the playoffs, like put up a good showing in the second round or beyond, GREAT!! If not so be it. Either way I would look first at KD or Horford. if neither go through I would go to a backup plan. The two possible ones in my mind is to 1) resign DD and try to bring in another complementary role player (ideally a power forward) and draft well. Maybe try to trade ross plus a future pick for some upgrade. or 2) Build around JV. I'm not saying that he is going to be all NBA, but feature him more and bring in players who complement him, both in age and in skill set. I would look at guys in their first 5 years like Fournier, Barnes, Leonard in free agency and look for various trades, like maybe Schroder. Guys who can play but still have potential. I would look to trade Lowry for a young guy or picks. Then, Draft well. Obviously no DD resigning here. This doesn't mean tank, as these young guys can still play.

Comment

But 11 games in the season, we have to come to this conclusion: the 4 spot is, by far, our weakest position and our biggest position of need.
        Pretty sure it was well known before the season started that PF would be our weakest position (unless you count Head Coach).

Really don't see much value in a mid season pickup. Unless you can get someone for JJ/Biyombo - don't really see enough long term benefits for the assets we would need to move/who's gettable.
        Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

Axel wrote: View Post
          Pretty sure it was well known before the season started that PF would be our weakest position (unless you count Head Coach).

Really don't see much value in a mid season pickup. Unless you can get someone for JJ/Biyombo - don't really see enough long term benefits for the assets we would need to move/who's gettable.
          Wouldn't matter much. If they had a healthy Amir he just takes minutes from JV. If they have LMA, Casey would turn him into an inefficient chucker closing out games

Comment

If Cojo continues to play that way,

Comment

If Cojo continues to play that way,
              Would trading Lowry be an option?

Comment

Would trading Lowry be an option?
                Yes
                Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

Axel wrote: View Post
                  Yes
                  For Randolph maybe?

Salaries and contracts wise I think it would be pretty good forboth teams.

Comment

I'd like to see CoJo starting alongside with Lowry. DC at the 3 and trade DD for a PF or sign one in the FA. Lowry is still the best player on the roster and you don't have to give max to a guard that has poor handles, can't shoot the three and is a below average defender. Lowry - CoJo back up would be something like Bostons Bradley - Smart, only more talented. Then Raps would have solid D on the perimeter. If CoJo continues to play like this, someone will have to go, Lowry or DD. CoJo already deserves to start. And that's a good thing. That way one player is expendable and you can upgrade your PF spot significantly.
                    MeDar ReDozan

Comment

I wouldn't mind a trade for John Henson. He's signed long term at $11M per year, decreasing each year. Defensive stud who isn't getting much opportunity and won't in the future either in Milwaukee thanks to them drafting Parker. He'd be a really nice pairing next to JV defensively as he's an elite shot blocker and good rebounder. Has shown to be a good passer and efficient scorer within 10ft. Lots of room to improve in the right situation.

Maybe they want them some Terrence Ross + filler? They'll need a 6th man to replace Bayless after this season.

Comment

Primer wrote: View Post
                        I wouldn't mind a trade for John Henson. He's signed long term at $11M per year, decreasing each year. Defensive stud who isn't getting much opportunity and won't in the future either in Milwaukee thanks to them drafting Parker. He'd be a really nice pairing next to JV defensively as he's an elite shot blocker and good rebounder. Has shown to be a good passer and efficient scorer within 10ft. Lots of room to improve in the right situation.

Maybe they want them some Terrence Ross + filler? They'll need a 6th man to replace Bayless after this season.
                        With the strategy they seem to be trying to run only a stretch 4 would fit and truly help, and Henson is not that.

Comment

Letter N wrote: View Post
                          With the strategy they seem to be trying to run only a stretch 4 would fit and truly help, and Henson is not that.
                          Fuck our current strategy, fuck it right in its stupid face.

Comment

How about playing JJ at the 4?

Comment

We need a PF that can shoot the 3 and defend well. Hence Casey using Carroll there in his schemes.

But Patterson is 10th amongst PF's in 3-point %.

However, could Jon Leuer be an option? He's on those sleeper guys who's gone under the radar for the Suns, and I really like his game.
                              Axel wrote:
                              Now Cody can stop posting about this guy and we have a poster to blame if anything goes wrong!!
                              KeonClark wrote:
                              We won't hear back from him. He dissapears into thin air and reappears when you least expect it. Ten is an enigma. Ten is a legend. Ten for the motherfucking win.
                              KeonClark wrote:
                              I can't wait until the playoffs start.

Until then, opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one and they most often stink

Comment

Working...
                              X