Game #13 - Toronto Raptors 89 - Utah Jazz 93

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
    There was yet another play where JV wound up open under the basket with no defenders within 5' of him, and Lowry (or DeRozan) looked at him and just continued on, but I believe that possession at least ended with a basket (a drive-and-kick 3 I think).

The big problem, as I've been saying for a long time now, is that I get the impression that Lowry and DeRozan honestly think that being leaders equates to carrying the team offensively all by themselves (they have the 'scorer' cards). I also believe that they do so under orders from Casey and/or with his blessing (certainly not held accountable for doing so), which is why I can't fully support #TradeDeRozan or #TradeLowry before Casey is replaced (only ~85% support).
    Their role is to score but with great players like curry they know when to pass. Derozan only passes once he is terrible that's why he has so many turnovers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• Here's what I did like:

1. "E" for effort. Despite the fact that Toronto now apparently has only 6 NBA players, those 6 guys battled on a ridiculously tough back-to-back against a pretty tough Utah team and should have won. There was a sequence in the middle of the third where Derozan fell down he was so tired. It would have been an easy game to fold in on but they didn't.

2. Luis Scola. Too bad they forgot about him in the second half.

Bad stuff:

1. Defence? Defence? We talking 'bout defence? While everyone obsesses with the offence, Toronto quietly surrendered another 30+ point quarter (34 in the fourth) and was unable to slow down, let alone stop the Jazz attack. Also, Raps losing the EFG% battle. Again. I know the overall defensive numbers look fine but there are some worrying signs underneath the surface....

2. ATO plays. Two night in a row. Two night in a row Carroll can't get the ball inbounded late. That is inexcusable. But it was only the highlight of another night of futility coming out of timeouts. Both the play calling and execution need to get better.

3. EOG offense. Turned into a parody of itself. Here's the even more disturbing thing: Derozan had a good fourth quarter and it still didn't work.

Comment

• CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
        There was yet another play where JV wound up open under the basket with no defenders within 5' of him, and Lowry (or DeRozan) looked at him and just continued on, but I believe that possession at least ended with a basket (a drive-and-kick 3 I think).

The big problem, as I've been saying for a long time now, is that I get the impression that Lowry and DeRozan honestly think that being leaders equates to carrying the team offensively all by themselves (they have the 'scorer' cards). I also believe that they do so under orders from Casey and/or with his blessing (certainly not held accountable for doing so), which is why I can't fully support #TradeDeRozan or #TradeLowry before Casey is replaced (only ~85% support).
        Could it be (just might be) that "vision" of the positioning of others is really the problem. Or is it that the game is possibly still too quick for them. Possibly it's panic and they make the wrong choice.

Just offering other possibilities other than selfishness or disdain for one of their teammates (JV)....I have seen numerous ill advised passes to stonehands Biyombo for crying out. Lets face it with the ball being in the hands of Lowry & DD so much....neither are really pass happy/play making players at their core. They try to. But when it comes to the quick they seemingly revert to their natural tendency....shoot...and it does not matter where from. Also I sense that lately there is a propensity for this in the 4th qtr moreso...when the noose tightens.

Comment

Working...
        X