Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

No man's land. How do you get out of it?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

20-25 mil for a SF who isn't great at anything besides spot up shooting? Jeez

Comment

TRex wrote: View Post
      Every player in this league is flawed. There's no perfect basketball player. HB's biggest weakness IMO is his off the dribble game.

I've followed Barnes career since he was a freshman at UNC. When i first saw him play, my first impression was, Paul Pierce. That hasn't changed. I believe in this guy.

Barnes > DeRozan. I don't think it's even close.

Lowry offensively > Joseph. But Joseph IMO overall is the better player. MUCH better defender, better playmaker/decision maker. Higher bball IQ.

So i don't think they're going to lose much if they lose Lowry/DeRozan.

Raps would be in much better shape going forward with Barnes, JV, Carroll, Joseph + the draft picks/young players that they can get for Lowry and DeRozan + the Knicks/Nuggets draft pick.
      I actually agree with you on Cory, except I don't think he's better yet, but he looks like he will be.

But I disagree on Barnes, I've watched a couple Warriors games and he just doesn't seem to think the game well.

Comment

I Wonder how desperate the Rockets are to be fleeced if we offer them Lowry?!

Comment

Hotshot wrote: View Post
          I Wonder how desperate the Rockets are to be fleeced if we offer them Lowry?!
          LOWRY for Jones or Motiejunas + 1st rounder and Harrell or DEKKER
          "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

Guys like Barnes and Carroll are solid, but I wouldn't call them special. If we choose to rebuild, I wouldn't skip out unless we can get a special player. I like Barnes, but honestly he is a lot closer to Ross than he is to Pierce. He takes crazy layups to avoid contact, isn't going to create for others, and although he can post up, I wouldn't call it a threat, as he generally ends up taking a contested fade.

Comment

A.I wrote: View Post
              You know how we stop being stuck in the middle? Fire Casey, trade/don't re-sign DD, thats the start.
              ^This. The only answer needed.

Comment

The Raptors are going to make the playoffs. And just like the last 2 years, they'll be out in the 1st round.

They're in no man's land.

What i would do? i would trade BOTH Lowry and DeRozan in the offseason. Raptors can get a lot for these guys IMO specially Lowry. Move them for draft picks or young players WITH UPSIDE. Or maybe package one of them to move up in the draft.

Free Agency - KD isn't realistic. Let's be honest here. I think he stays in OKC.

HARRISON BARNES is the guy that i would target. Believe me, he can do a whole lot more than shoot 3's and dunk. He's a special talent. He's the Warriors most underrated player. I'd give him 20-25mill/year. No way GSW matches that.
                I saw a workout were he practicing post moves this summer and he was incredible although he was not doing on a nba player.

I saw a workout tap of Barnes doing post up moves he was slick,creative although it was not against a nba player it was a large in shape guy

Comment

The Raptors are going to make the playoffs. And just like the last 2 years, they'll be out in the 1st round.

They're in no man's land.

What i would do? i would trade BOTH Lowry and DeRozan in the offseason. Raptors can get a lot for these guys IMO specially Lowry. Move them for draft picks or young players WITH UPSIDE. Or maybe package one of them to move up in the draft.

Free Agency - KD isn't realistic. Let's be honest here. I think he stays in OKC.

HARRISON BARNES is the guy that i would target. Believe me, he can do a whole lot more than shoot 3's and dunk. He's a special talent. He's the Warriors most underrated player. I'd give him 20-25mill/year. No way GSW matches that.

TRex ... smh

Barnes is overrated. Big time.

Derozan >>> Barnes

You guys will be disappointed when you thrust him into the #1 spot. He will get exposed when defenders actually game plan for him.

Barnes is a good 3/4th option. You're making him out to be much more than he is.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

special1 wrote: View Post
                    TRex ... smh

Barnes is overrated. Big time.

Derozan >>> Barnes

You guys will be disappointed when you thrust him into the #1 spot. He will get exposed when defenders actually game plan for him.

Barnes is a good 3/4th option. You're making him out to be much more than he is.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                    Instead of dropping this type of post of absolutes, hows about you try and nack up your opinion.

Sent from my LG-D852 using Tapatalk

Comment

I wouldn't even bother with Barnes. I'd go for Horford, Scola is only here on a 1 year deal, so he'll be gone next season and that'll leave a larger hole at PF. I think we keep Lowry, and use DD to move up in the draft.

Comment

Every player in this league is flawed. There's no perfect basketball player. HB's biggest weakness IMO is his off the dribble game.

I've followed Barnes career since he was a freshman at UNC. When i first saw him play, my first impression was, Paul Pierce. That hasn't changed. I believe in this guy.

Barnes > DeRozan. I don't think it's even close.

Lowry offensively > Joseph. But Joseph IMO overall is the better player. MUCH better defender, better playmaker/decision maker. Higher bball IQ.

So i don't think they're going to lose much if they lose Lowry/DeRozan.

Raps would be in much better shape going forward with Barnes, JV, Carroll, Joseph + the draft picks/young players that they can get for Lowry and DeRozan + the Knicks/Nuggets draft pick.
                        How does a guy who can't create off the dribble remind you of Paul Pierce? Barnes will be overpaid at $15M/yr. That's the Truth.

Comment

Sad truth: Masai is stuck

Go through NBA teams on trade machine.

It is very tough to find trade partners for either Lowry or DD and getting back anything close to fair value when you look at what they bring to this Raptors team.

Teams either have no need for them or have a need but lack desirable assets.

Masai is stuck when it comes to trading either.

Lots of people talking about Houston and Lowry with pick and Jones or DMo..... Houston's pick goes to Nuggets lottery protected and Jones/DMo going to be free agents in line for insane pay day with cap increase.

Masai is stuck exactly where he said Raps wouldn't be....welcome to no mans land.

Comment

golden wrote: View Post
                            How does a guy who can't create off the dribble remind you of Paul Pierce? Barnes will be overpaid at $15M/yr. That's the Truth.
                            Ross makes 11M

Comment

mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
                              Go through NBA teams on trade machine.

It is very tough to find trade partners for either Lowry or DD and getting back anything close to fair value when you look at what they bring to this Raptors team.

Teams either have no need for them or have a need but lack desirable assets.

Masai is stuck when it comes to trading either.

Lots of people talking about Houston and Lowry with pick and Jones or DMo..... Houston's pick goes to Nuggets lottery protected and Jones/DMo going to be free agents in line for insane pay day with cap increase.

Masai is stuck exactly where he said Raps wouldn't be....welcome to no mans land.
                              Utah is a potential landing spot, since they are starting to contend and have a hard time attracting FAs. They also need offense and an upgrade at SG. Something like DD, 2Pat, Wright for Burks, Exum, Lyles would be the equivalent of the Raps tanking for a top 5 pick in the Wiggins draft, plus getting some young assets for a rebuild. If DD walks then the Jazz still have something to show for it.

Comment

golden wrote: View Post
                                Utah is a potential landing spot, since they are starting to contend and have a hard time attracting FAs. They also need offense and an upgrade at SG. Something like DD, 2Pat, Wright for Burks, Exum, Lyles would be the equivalent of the Raps tanking for a top 5 pick in the Wiggins draft, plus getting some young assets for a rebuild. If DD walks then the Jazz still have something to show for it.
                                That trade would never happen. But I would love if it did

Comment

Working...
                                X