Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Kyle Lowry is awesome and the conversation around this team has officially gone crazy.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Joey wrote: View Post
    Pretty sure "creating your own shot" has now been labeled "hero ball" and is highly frowned upon around these parts.

But you basically just described Demar... He can create his own shot, and he gets us 20 points consistently.
    Disagree.

"Creating your own shot" refers to the physical skill to beat your man off the dribble.

"Hero ball" refers to poor shot selection.

Comment

Nilanka wrote: View Post
      Disagree.

"Creating your own shot" refers to the physical skill to beat your man off the dribble.

"Hero ball" refers to poor shot selection.
      It was more of a joke than anything, but I can see it wasn't received well. Lol

Comment

He accepted less to stay here because he wanted to play here. He's been an ambassador for the Raptors and it shouldn't come down to just economics and basketball statistics when valuing his presence to the team. Trading him now may have other implications to the team's perception among players and agents, as well as in the locker room. The fans have been desperate for a star player to embrace Toronto and want to stay here long term and as soon as they get their wish they're trying to scheme ways to ditch him for someone else to get ahead.

Joseph wasn't signed as a starting PG. The expectation shouldn't be there on either side and so it might be best if the team continues to embrace the fact that during every minute of on court time they will have a good floor general leading the charge. Not every team has that, not every team has that insurance policy in the event of injuries.

Lowry is also a leader and Joseph is not; as of right now. Not everyone is cut out to be a leader. I'm not saying this is that case for Joseph but if he's not then that's gonna cause problems in the playoffs.

Comment

It was more of a joke than anything, but I can see it wasn't received well. Lol
          go back to making game threads and leave the jokes behind.......

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post
            He accepted less to stay here because he wanted to play here. He's been an ambassador for the Raptors and it shouldn't come down to just economics and basketball statistics when valuing his presence to the team. Trading him now may have other implications to the team's perception among players and agents, as well as in the locker room. The fans have been desperate for a star player to embrace Toronto and want to stay here long term and as soon as they get their wish they're trying to scheme ways to ditch him for someone else to get ahead.

Joseph wasn't signed as a starting PG. The expectation shouldn't be there on either side and so it might be best if the team continues to embrace the fact that during every minute of on court time they will have a good floor general leading the charge. Not every team has that, not every team has that insurance policy in the event of injuries.

Lowry is also a leader and Joseph is not; as of right now. Not everyone is cut out to be a leader. I'm not saying this is that case for Joseph but if he's not then that's gonna cause problems in the playoffs.
            I do agree with this, but everyone needs to remember its a business.

I donot think it makes sense to look to trade lowry now, but if opportunity arose during the offseason to land a star guy, then you make the move.

Like a hypothetical Horford for Lowry deal.....dont think any player looks negatively at raps making that trade.

Comment

Snooch wrote: View Post
              Like a hypothetical Horford for Lowry deal.....dont think any player looks negatively at raps making that trade.
              I do... Horford is in that same tier with Lowry. Can't single handedly carry the team successfully for the whole season but is a great #2 option.

Comment

special1 wrote: View Post
                Not when we have Cory Joseph aka motion aka Tony Parker light ready to step in....

I'd rather not trade Lowry right now. Is there a better PG in the east right now??? Serious question....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                Irving? Wall?
                "Stay steamy"

- Kobe

Comment

tDotted wrote: View Post
                  I do... Horford is in that same tier with Lowry. Can't single handedly carry the team successfully for the whole season but is a great #2 option.
                  Horford is in the upper end of that tier, and is a position of need, of dire need, on a team that has a capable replacement for lowry already on the roster.

Comment

hotfuzz wrote: View Post
                    Irving? Wall?
                    reggie jackson is turning into Russell westbrook right now too.

Comment

I do agree with this, but everyone needs to remember its a business.

I donot think it makes sense to look to trade lowry now, but if opportunity arose during the offseason to land a star guy, then you make the move.

This would be a bit of a lateral move at best, Lowry is probably a better player, overall, than Horford. The only reason you'd do this is if you think that Corey Joseph can take Lowry's spot with little to no drop in output. Seeing as we've never had Joseph actually start or play a full game against the other team's best, I'd say it's a little early to dub him Tony Parker North.

Derozan for Horford is an interesting option...
                      "Victory at all costs, victory in spite of all terror, victory however long and hard the road may be; for without victory, there is no survival."

-Churchill

Comment

hotfuzz wrote: View Post
                        Irving? Wall?
                        I'd put Lowry above those guys so far, Wall is struggling a bit and Irving has to play with Lebron which makes him difficult to assess (plus he hasn't played this year due to that knee).
                        "Victory at all costs, victory in spite of all terror, victory however long and hard the road may be; for without victory, there is no survival."

-Churchill

Comment

hateslosing wrote: View Post
                          This would be a bit of a lateral move at best, Lowry is probably a better player, overall, than Horford. The only reason you'd do this is if you think that Corey Joseph can take Lowry's spot with little to no drop in output. Seeing as we've never had Joseph actually start or play a full game against the other team's best, I'd say it's a little early to dub him Tony Parker North.

Derozan for Horford is an interesting option...
                          I would do horford for Demar a million times over.

and the original idea that I posted was purely a hypothetical as to when it would not be viewed negatively by players and league people for trading Lowry when he took less money to sign here....but Horford is better than lowry...not by a ton, but better.

Comment

I would do horford for Demar a million times over.
                            Pretty sure the only people who wouldn't do that trade is Atlanta.

Still think it makes more sense to move Lowry for a Big though, and get CoJo the minutes he needs.

Comment

Pretty sure the only people who wouldn't do that trade is Atlanta.

Still think it makes more sense to move Lowry for a Big though, and get CoJo the minutes he needs.
                              i still think both need to go.

Lowry for the big, Demar for the future and a floor spacing defensive 2 guard.....Think SAS would do Demar for Danny Green?

Comment

i still think both need to go.

Lowry for the big, Demar for the future and a floor spacing defensive 2 guard.....Think SAS would do Demar for Danny Green?
                                Man, I like Demar, and even I know Popovich would murder him in the first week.

Comment

Working...
                                X