No announcement yet.

Game #16: Toronto Raptors 103 - Cleveland Cavaliers 99

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• comment section there is pretty salty.

Comment

• rocwell wrote: View Post

I hate this kind of talk, but he's got a point. DeMarre's not fully healed and he's playing 41 minutes. JJ definitely could have spent some more time guarding LeBron.

Comment

• one of the best raps games ive watched in a while, just so fun. lowry was an absolute monster and i think the game kind of defined what he can do when he's at his best. when he plays like that he's one of, if not the best, PG in the league.

it's crazy what Carroll has brought to this team in terms of defensive and mental toughness. even when the offense craps the bed (and it does that often) you can almost always count on the D coming through with him at the forefront.
        @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• tDotted wrote: View Post
          I hate this kind of talk, but he's got a point. DeMarre's not fully healed and he's playing 41 minutes. JJ definitely could have spent some more time guarding LeBron.
          agree with this

the team won, JJ should really keep his trap shut but he's not wrong. Carroll shouldn't be playing so much, especially so early in the season with the type of injury he has.
          @sweatpantsjer

Comment

No. This is one night where playing your key guys for big minutes made sense. They don't play again until the weekend and just had two off days. You could see right from the tip that the players and coaches really wanted this one for a lot of reasons. I had no issue with Casey riding it out with his key guys tonight.

Comment

Not the correct way to go about this. This is why he doesn't get minutes, he's alienating the coach.

Also, we won and Carrol played like a boss for those 41 minutes so I'm good with that choice. It's risky but 5 minutes with Carrol off the floor and JJ guarding Lebron and this game could have been different. JJ doesn't have Carrol's foot speed or his shotmaking.
              "Victory at all costs, victory in spite of all terror, victory however long and hard the road may be; for without victory, there is no survival."

-Churchill

Comment

• slaw wrote: View Post
                No. This is one night where playing your key guys for big minutes made sense. They don't play again until the weekend and just had two off days. You could see right from the tip that the players and coaches really wanted this one for a lot of reasons. I had no issue with Casey riding it out with his key guys tonight.
                hateslosing wrote: View Post
                Not the correct way to go about this. This is why he doesn't get minutes, he's alienating the coach.

Also, we won and Carrol played like a boss for those 41 minutes so I'm good with that choice. It's risky but 5 minutes with Carrol off the floor and JJ guarding Lebron and this game could have been different. JJ doesn't have Carrol's foot speed or his shotmaking.
                Can't argue with the results.. LeBron was inefficient and we got the W after all. All I'm saying is that Carroll playing 41 minutes is unnecessary.. regular season game, foot injury not healed and a more than capable defender in JJ off the bench. Not only that.. with no rim protection, JJ would've got some real easy buckets inside.

Just want to make this clear.. this isn't about JJ getting 25+ minutes a night, just that Carroll should be getting his rest. At 36 minutes a night, he just isn't used to this type of workload. Combined with the foot problems... not a smart decision.

Comment

Can't argue with the results.. LeBron was inefficient and we got the W after all. All I'm saying is that Carroll playing 41 minutes is unnecessary.. regular season game, foot injury not healed and a more than capable defender in JJ off the bench. Not only that.. with no rim protection, JJ would've got some real easy buckets inside.

Just want to make this clear.. this isn't about JJ getting 25+ minutes a night, just that Carroll should be getting his rest. At 36 minutes a night, he just isn't used to this type of workload. Combined with the foot problems... not a smart decision.
                  Casey is gonna ride his guys a ridiculous amount all season, get as many wins as possible during regular season without fear of the playoffs.

He knows he will be outcoached and exposed int he playoffs, so injuries/fatigue to guys like Carroll and Lowry will be his excuse for poor playoff performances. its his plan for extension.

Comment

• Where did JJ say that Carroll is getting too many minutes. Thats your point but not neccesarily his point. Im sure he doesnt care whose minutes hes getting
                    Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• rocwell wrote: View Post

He could've been talking about his Call of Duty foursome....

Comment

• Toronto had six "and-1s" in the quarter.
                        Love it.

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post
                          Where did JJ say that Carroll is getting too many minutes. Thats your point but not neccesarily his point. Im sure he doesnt care whose minutes hes getting
                          Of course not

Sent from my LG-D852 using Tapatalk

Comment

• Snooch wrote: View Post
                            Casey is gonna ride his guys a ridiculous amount all season, get as many wins as possible during regular season without fear of the playoffs.

He knows he will be outcoached and exposed int he playoffs, so injuries/fatigue to guys like Carroll and Lowry will be his excuse for poor playoff performances. its his plan for extension.
                            That's ridiculous.

Comment

• Snooch wrote: View Post

There is no way in hell Casey will get extended after three straight first round exits. Masai gave him what he needs to succeed this off-season, defensive players. If he can't win in the Playoffs, then goodbye.

#FireCasey
                              Last edited by A.I; Thu Nov 26, 2015, 01:03 PM.

Comment

• Little things I saw and liked:

1. Biyombo's screens. The dude sets solid picks and really clears space for his perimeter people. Has he been called for an illegal screen all year? Amir set solid screens all the time and it's a small thing that can make a big difference.

2. Pick and roll defense. The defense hasn't changed all that much but man, some subtle changes to the pick and roll defense have been very effective.

3. ATO plays. Some really good stuff out of timeouts. Casey has some good ATO sets but rarely uses them and I thought they did a good job last night getting some clean shots.

Little things I saw and didn't like:

1. Ross gets caught on a lot of screens. A lot. Like all of them. Even bad ones.

2. Forgetting about Scola. The offense was humming so it's not a big deal but Scola can be a more consistent part of the offense, especially when he's en fuego.

3. Cleveland's big men. Is Mozgov really that much of a difference maker? I haven't seen much of the Lebrons this year but they look shaky up front. Love looks so good offensively out there but he also give so much back on the other end. I wonder if Lebron wishes they had Wiggins?

Comment

Working...
                                X