Space delivery by Amazon?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Space delivery by Amazon?

Remarkable achievement by a Jeff Bezos (Amazon) project. Flew a rocket into space and landed the rocket back to the pad landing safely. Obviously a game changer.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...mepage%2Fstory

Will they be doing black friday deals on this project too? Because if not, I don't think I'd be able to afford it.

P.S. Compared to this, Branson looks like a complete fraud with his project.
    MeDar ReDozan

Comment

Henry_Chinaski wrote: View Post
      Will they be doing black friday deals on this project too? Because if not, I don't think I'd be able to afford it.

P.S. Compared to this, Branson looks like a complete fraud with his project.
      I get the impression that this trip didn't quite cross the threshold into "space". The issues of flight become more difficult when a vehicle goes beyond and then makes re-entry. It's the re-entry that is most dicey and has an effect (burnup) on the vehicle obviously having an effect on flight and on board systems. So there is much more testing to be done.

I believe Elon Musk's project is probably further ahead and more advanced though it has it's failures. Good to see a couple of billionaires go at it. Quite historic actually...not unlike the cross-world voyages, railway building and flights to where no one else had flown before...commercially.

Comment

Bendit wrote: View Post
        I believe Elon Musk's project is probably further ahead and more advanced though it has it's failures. Good to see a couple of billionaires go at it. Quite historic actually...not unlike the cross-world voyages, railway building and flights to where no one else had flown before...commercially.
        For sure, going into space, to see the mother Earth from up above would be something special. There are very short list of things that would beat this experience.
        MeDar ReDozan

Comment

Bendit wrote: View Post
          I get the impression that this trip didn't quite cross the threshold into "space". The issues of flight become more difficult when a vehicle goes beyond and then makes re-entry. It's the re-entry that is most dicey and has an effect (burnup) on the vehicle obviously having an effect on flight and on board systems. So there is much more testing to be done.

I always thought launch was the barrier. Almost all the fuel and thus cost is at launch. Once its airborne everything is easier. Gravity is a bitch

Comment

Henry_Chinaski wrote: View Post
            For sure, going into space, to see the mother Earth from up above would be something special. There are very short list of things that would beat this experience.
            True. I just wanna know if they serve Pate & champagne once I am settled in ...and have wi-fi of course!

Comment

raptors999 wrote: View Post
              I always thought launch was the barrier. Almost all the fuel and thus cost is at launch. Once its airborne everything is easier. Gravity is a bitch
              Maybe they'll come up with an improvement on Booster Juice and it could turn out cheaper. Trust in Bezos but keep hand firmly on wallet.

Comment

Wow! Absolutely amazing. Is it solar powered? Maybe biofuels? Definitely must be super green. #ecoRockets
                Sunny ways my friends, sunny ways
                Because its 2015

Comment

Uncle_Si wrote: View Post
                  Wow! Absolutely amazing. Is it solar powered? Maybe biofuels? Definitely must be super green. #ecoRockets
                  Inefficient rockets are an admission by Libs that Cons can't be trusted to save the planet, so let's figure out a way to GTFO

Comment

Nilanka wrote: View Post
                    Inefficient rockets are an admission by Libs that Cons can't be trusted to save the planet, so let's figure out a way to GTFO
                    Lol
                    Sunny ways my friends, sunny ways
                    Because its 2015

Comment

Free shipping to the International Space Station with purchases greater than $20M.

Comment

Working...
                      X