WTF is Wrong with Houston Rockets?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WTF is Wrong with Houston Rockets?

This team, on paper, is at least talented enough to compete for a playoff spot. They are dropping games like flies at this current rate. Are they just tanking with a bunch of All-Stars to see if they can a high pick and go nitro in the next 3 years following?

tonious35 wrote: View Post
    This team, on paper, is at least talented enough to compete for a playoff spot. They are dropping games like flies at this current rate. Are they just tanking with a bunch of All-Stars to see if they can a high pick and go nitro in the next 3 years following?
    Lost Howard for games and found out Harden and Lawson in the backcourt together is awful. Also tuned out McHale on defense. Whittman who is a McHale clone also dealing with issues on D

Comment

Harden came to camp out of shape, plus chemistry problems, no leadership. No communication on that team. Usually good teams have great communicators who talk to each other on defense especially. Houston doesn't talk much. Harden plays no defense again. Plus yep, Lawson-Harden didn't work.

There was a great podcast about McHale's firing and Houston a couple weeks ago on espn, by Zach Lowe and David Thorpe, worth listening.

Harden has shown some flashes of last year in the last few games, so maybe they will turn it around. Might be too late to get home court advantage in any rounds in the West.

Comment

writing was on the wall last year when reports of harden and howard not talking with others came out. no communication is going to kill chemistry which is already hard to build. you can't build around quitters anyway. howard has quit on his previous two teams and harden, instead of working harder in the summer, to make up for what he thought was a snub for mvp, he kardashianed and kanyed the summer away.

Comment

The Rockets have great constituent parts and great talent but they are not a great team. We often talk about how talent rules but the talent needs to fit together, work together and function effectively as a group. It's impossible to quantify how much things like chemistry, leadership, etc. actually matter but you can always tell when they are absent and Houston is a prime example.

It's also part of the reason why just drafting a bunch of guys and throwing them out there to "develop" doesn't work. Players need to be trained properly and while a big part of that is coaching, learning from and being advised and critiqued by veterans with experience and knowledge is essential to developing as a professional.

Comment

tonious35 wrote: View Post
            As I eluded to in that Kyle Lowry thread, chemistry is important. It's not tennis or golf. It's a team sport.

Comment

What is wrong?

The Kardashians got involved....with their main cog.

Sarcasm. But one never knows with their track record with NBA stars (the players dont come out ahead it seems).

Personally I always thought that Howard was overrated and we know about Harden's commitment to D. I have heard of prognostications that they may not make the playoffs.

Time for Masai to throw Morey a "lifeline" I think.

I am sure Lowry is feeling he made the better move by staying in TO.

Comment

Comment

Bendit wrote: View Post
                  What is wrong?

Sarcasm. But one never knows with their track record with NBA stars (the players dont come out ahead it seems).

Personally I always thought that Howard was overrated and we know about Harden's commitment to D. I have heard of prognostications that they may not make the playoffs.

Yeah, Lowry would definitely get part of the blame right now because of his history. People would say, see, Lowry is a chemistry killer.

Comment

Bendit wrote: View Post
                    What is wrong?

It would of improved team chemistry if the entire Rockets team gang-banged the Kardashians. If they got drunk, they would of invited Jenner as well

Comment

BobLoblaw wrote: View Post
                      Yeah, Lowry would definitely get part of the blame right now because of his history. People would say, see, Lowry is a chemistry killer.
                      Lowry might be just like Zach Randolph in terms of beginnings to now. They looked like rotten players, but around the correct personnel and franchises, they change dramatically....

Comment

All good reasons have been listed teams need there stars to be leaders and set the tone in regards to professionalism to enflunce the youngsters or vets that are followers. Hardin being out of shape and also being a one way player does not set the proper example. Howard also has maturity issues. They have been hit by the injury bug although other teams have been worse off in that area.

Comment

Did you know when you started this thread that Houston would be one basket ahead of the sixers in the fourth quarter tonight?

Comment

Jclaw wrote: View Post
                            Did you know when you started this thread that Houston would be one basket ahead of the sixers in the fourth quarter tonight?
                            aaaaannd they are one basket behind, Sauce Castillo is +18 FFS!!!!

Comment

embarrassing rockets. That is just embarrassing.

Comment

Working...
                              X