No announcement yet.

Raptors Republic Report Cards - DeMar DeRozan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

His BPG and SPG are the only two stats I am really disappointed in. They are both WAY to low for a player with his athleticism playing those kind of minutes. Show lack of effort (knowledge?) on the defensive end. Hopefully those will be improved upon next year
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Once you reach Max Level, you stop leveling

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Comment

JYD18 wrote: View Post
      His BPG and SPG are the only two stats I am really disappointed in. They are both WAY to low for a player with his athleticism playing those kind of minutes. Show lack of effort (knowledge?) on the defensive end. Hopefully those will be improved upon next year
      Considering how much DeMar took pride in talking about how good his defence was prior to last year's draft, I too am slightly disappointed in those percentages.

Outside of that I can't say I expected anything special from DeRozan this season. He did a good job and I'm interested to see with some work this summer how he approaches his sophomore season.

Comment

DeMar took almost an entire college season to "get it" on that level. The NBA game if far more complex and everything happens at a faster pace. It is only natural that he would not take the league by storm given his history. On the plus side, history says that once he "gets it" he's able to take over games and do a hell of a lot of damage. Two to three more years and he'll be the best defender on the team while being able to beat opponents off the dribble and create his own and for others. I think his shot is going to get better and better as well. All thanks to his crazy work regime and determination. Book it!

Comment

Yep, a C as well.

Comment

Working...
          X