Why The Raptors Record May Have Gone South After the All-Star Break

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why The Raptors Record May Have Gone South After the All-Star Break

Right after the all-star or actually one game before Evans was activated.

It is possible that inserting him into the lineup along with CB4’s injuries were enough to upset the chemistry that was going on.

Also as had been mentioned before the Raptors started with a difficult schedule and then most of their winning record during the 35 game span was against below .500 teams.

Then after the all-star break they started to play the playoff teams again a greater percentage of the time.

So you had three things happen after the all-star game that I think hurt the Raptors

1. CB4’s injuries
    2. Disrupted chemistry with Evans now playing
    3. More difficult schedule then during the hot streak

How much each contributed to the fall off in winning? I don’t know but I think that all three had some negative impact on the record of the Raptors after the all-star break
    Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

Memories some so sweet, indeed

Larger Photo of the avatar

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
    Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

I suspect some other behind the door issues which we may not find out in near future. My suspicion is based on Brian Colangelo statement: "Same people had personal agenda". What personal agenda was he talking about? The reckless behavior of Hedo, the rumors that CB4 already told Raptors he won't resigned or a war between Euro players and North American players?

Evans is a second string in this team, he couldn't affect that much the game.
    The defense collapsed before CB4 got injured and it didn't changed even after CB4 was back and putting some big number again.
    I am not buying that much into the difficult schedule as Raptors was able to beat teams like Lakers and Dallas before the All-Star break.

Comment

You think "personal agendas" means Turk's incessant crying over misuse?

I kind of do.

Comment

Playing harder teams more regularly...fewer Sunday afternoon games...playing +500 teams that were NOT on the tag end of a back-to-back...

Look, this team just wasn't as good as we thought. I do NOT buy the argument that the Raptors were really good at one point, and then at another point couldn't regain their form. They did have moments of cohesiveness, but overall they just could not get it together on the defensive end. Bosh and Bargnani, for ANOTHER season in a row have shown they cannot hold down the fort around the paint, and Jose still is below average defensively.

Comment

I personally think that personal agendas is referring to:

Turkgolu's wife and daughter not being in Canada and missing his daughter growing up and his mother being sick

Someone definitely got into Bosh's head over the All Star weekend
          Maybe it was a family, friend, agent, or another All-Star

Comment

#3 is the main one.

vs teams under .500: 26-9
            vs teams over .500: 14-33

Comment

Arsenalist wrote: View Post
              #3 is the main one.

vs teams under .500: 26-9
              vs teams over .500: 14-33
              With Bosh injured I would think that the record against + .500 teams was even worse than than the overall number of .298. Indeed when Bosh was out the Raptors were a perfect 0 - 7 against .500 teams and interestingly enough 5 - 0 against teams with records under .500

Even when he initially returned from the ankle injury it seemed to me like most players returning from an ankle injury that he was still not 100% in terms of his normal athleticism.

Here is another way to look at it.

The Raptors finished at 40-42 which is the best possible record that sub .500 team can have. They were also 26-9 against sub .500 teams which was probably the best record of all sub .500 teams records against other sub .500 teams.

So if we break the NBA up into 2 leagues; i.e the A league consisting of all teams with a record of .500 or better and the B league consisting of all teams with a record of under .500 the Raptors came in the first in the B league.

Let me repeat the Raptors won the B league this year.

How is that for putting a happy face on a disappointing aggravating and frustrating season?
              Last edited by Buddahfan; Mon Apr 19, 2010, 07:30 PM.
              Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
              Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Comment

Buddahfan wrote: View Post
                With Bosh injured I would think that the record against + .500 teams was even worse than than the overall number of .298. Indeed when Bosh was out the Raptors were a perfect 0 - 7 against .500 teams and interestingly enough 5 - 0 against teams with records under .500

Even when he initially returned from the ankle injury it seemed to me like most players returning from an ankle injury that he was still not 100% in terms of his normal athleticism.

Here is another way to look at it.

The Raptors finished at 40-42 which is the best possible record that sub .500 team can have. They were also 26-9 against sub .500 teams which was probably the best record of all sub .500 teams records against other sub .500 teams.

So if we break the NBA up into 2 leagues; i.e the A league consisting of all teams with a record of .500 or better and the B league consisting of all teams with a record of under .500 the Raptors came in the first in the B league.

Let me repeat the Raptors won the B league this year.

How is that for putting a happy face on a disappointing aggravating and frustrating season?

Everybody beats up on the bad teams, it's how you perform against the good ones that make you stand out. It's no coincidence that the final NBA standings are sorted exactly by the # of wins against over .500 teams:

http://espn.go.com/nba/standings/_/t...rt/gamesBehind

Phoenix is the lone major exception.

Comment

Bowlby wrote: View Post
                  I personally think that personal agendas is referring to:

Turkgolu's wife and daughter not being in Canada and missing his daughter growing up and his mother being sick

Someone definitely got into Bosh's head over the All Star weekend
                  Maybe it was a family, friend, agent, or another All-Star
                  bull, if hisd mother was so sick and his wife and daughter wrent with him. then why was he out at night clubs. he was clearly trying to get a little somethin somethin extra on the side.

rumour had it bosh's new girlfriend was in his head. but, i don't know.

bosh definitely wasn't right though and i mean, really oh bosh took an elbow to his face and it's broken and he just can't play.

c'mon we've all taken some dirty elbows or something like that and still played plus bosh like ran into jamisons elbow.

c'mon surgery for an elbow to the cheek? how bitch can you get?
                  If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

Arsenalist wrote: View Post
                    Everybody beats up on the bad teams, it's how you perform against the good ones that make you stand out. It's no coincidence that the final NBA standings are sorted exactly by the # of wins against over .500 teams:

http://espn.go.com/nba/standings/_/t...rt/gamesBehind

Phoenix is the lone major exception.
                    I guess my attempt at subtle humor just passed on by without it being sighted.

Comment

Bosh fractured the Maxilla Bone which is where you upper lip is located, it is not the same a regular broken nose.

So I understand why he wasn't able to play the final games of the season.

I do not forgive Turk for faking being sick and hitting the clubs, but the other problems in his personal life could definitely tax someone mentally, and resulting in his poor play.

Bosh just seemed different to me playing after the all star break.

But ultimately I think that the schedule was just separated into three blocks
                      1 - Hard Teams
                      2 - Weak Teams
                      3 - Hard Teams

When we lost the momentum at the all-star weekend and then lost bosh. The team was thrown off and were then thrusted into the third block. the combination of hard teams and trying to get our momentum back just killed us.

Comment

LBF wrote: View Post
                        bull, if hisd mother was so sick and his wife and daughter wrent with him. then why was he out at night clubs. he was clearly trying to get a little somethin somethin extra on the side.

rumour had it bosh's new girlfriend was in his head. but, i don't know.

bosh definitely wasn't right though and i mean, really oh bosh took an elbow to his face and it's broken and he just can't play.

c'mon we've all taken some dirty elbows or something like that and still played plus bosh like ran into jamisons elbow.

c'mon surgery for an elbow to the cheek? how bitch can you get?
                        so he ran into his elbow huh. wow

Comment

Working...
                        X