everything boston celtics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• everything boston celtics

Is the team meeting your expectations so far?
    Will they package some young talent for a franchise type of player?
    Do they have the best young coach in the game?
    Will they make the playoffs this year in the suddenly deep east?

rightsideup wrote: View Post
    Bit better than I thought though the schedule has been relatively easy early on.

I'm sure Ainge would like to try but it's hard to do those kinds of trades.

He's a genius! A genius!

Still too early on this one. I still have to think that WSH and MIL are going to make a push at some point but I do think teams like Miami, Charlotte and Indy will fall off to some degree. Other than the Nets and Sixers, every other team is still in it.

Comment

Must put out there that there are 3 teams that I love to see fall flat on their faces each and every year and it colours my point of view. Boston is one them and the other two are the Knicks and the Heat.

Boston is better than I thought they would be. Avery Bradley and Smart are good NBA calibre starters. They play manical defense and they play it all game long. I think they make the top 8 in the east where I didn't think they would be there at the start of the season.

Ainge has a lot of draft picks but if you look closely only the Brooklyn pick is going to be a high one. Looks like top 5. The Celts own pick is likely in the 16-18 range. Dallas pick they have is likely in the same range and Minny's pick is protected 1-12. If Minny finishes in the protected range the pick turns into 2 second rounders. Thats not going to get anyone interested. Hard to trade for a star player with 2 picks in the high teens . I think Ainge waits and prays he gets a crack at Simmons.

He is a good coach for sure. Just not the diety that the forum posse makes him out to be.

Yes they make the playoffs this year but their lack of a dependable go to guy on offense (like a lot of other teams) says they don't go on any kind of a deep run.
      Last edited by Demographic Shift; Tue Dec 8, 2015, 11:42 AM.
      There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
      - TGO

Comment

Comment

Demographic Shift wrote: View Post
          Must put out there that there are 3 teams that I love to see fall flat on their faces each and every year and it colours my point of view. Boston is one them and the other two are the Knicks and the Heat.

Boston is better than I thought they would be. Avery Bradley and Smart are good NBA calibre starters. They play manical defense and they play it all game long. I think they make the top 8 in the east where I didn't think they would be there at the start of the season.

Ainge has a lot of draft picks but if you look closely only the Brooklyn pick is going to be a high one. Looks like top 5. The Celts own pick is likely in the 16-18 range. Dallas pick they have is likely in the same range and Minny's pick is protected 1-12. If Minny finishes in the protected range the pick turns into 2 second rounders. Thats not going to get anyone interested. Hard to trade for a star player with 2 picks in the high teens . I think Ainge waits and prays he gets a crack at Simmons.

He is a good coach for sure. Just not the diety that the forum posse makes him out to be.

Yes they make the playoffs this year but their lack of a dependable go to guy on offense (like a lot of other teams) says they don't go on any kind of a deep run.
          yes I agree I think we will see a trade in the works of young talent and/or picks for a go to guy

Comment

yes I agree I think we will see a trade in the works of young talent and/or picks for a go to guy
            You should try a couple of other teams on the bubble for the playoffs or off to good or poor starts that no one saw coming to solicit feedback... not sure if your a fan of the Celts or why you threw this up against the wall but its a nice change from the trade demar and fire casey wars ... good work !
            There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
            - TGO

Comment

Demographic Shift wrote: View Post
              You should try a couple of other teams on the bubble for the playoffs or off to good or poor starts that no one saw coming to solicit feedback... not sure if your a fan of the Celts or why you threw this up against the wall but its a nice change from the trade demar and fire casey wars ... good work !
              There are a few reasons I picked the celts as they have acumulated a lot of young talent,clearly have a vision for the future have canadain content that may be a peace they keep or trade and it will be interesting to follow Kelly's journey thru the leauge as the build they sign quality vets such as amir and Lee who can pass on there experiences to the young talent without sacrificing there as per amirs deal that has an option not sign him in year two of his deal. These vets show the young people how to build there careers. Boston has always had a good busness model no team stays on top for ever except the russel era but they rebuild contend and then win it all in every decade with the exception of the 90's

Comment

Kelly o great game tonight!!!

Comment

above. i thought they would be fringe but i also thought the east would be worse.

i think they want to but need a partner. they are supremely set up to grab cousins. gets him out of the west, can send sullinger/oylnyk out with the group of picks as well.

no. i see young as "new" and that is steve kerr, if young is young i think spoelstra is a good coach, i thought miami would be much worse.

yes, i think they make it and depending on seeding(don't draw cleveland) they might squeak out a round as well.

Comment

were do you see Kelly s ceiling at another effective performance tonight

Comment

were do you see Kelly s ceiling at another effective performance tonight
                      i think kelly is a good young player. barring injury, should have a long career. might become a starter on a good team. except team canada i haven't watched a lot of his games.

Comment

yeah i do not see Boston often but always check out the boxscores

Comment

I find Boston this year to be way way overrated by the media, or at least that they will need to prove in the playoffs they're not. They're an expertly coached team with a lot of good talent but, from what I've seen so far, no stars or even potential stars. Not even talking superstars. Just stars. Like, they have no one that's even in Derrick Favors' league in talent as far as I'm concerned. I think they'll hit a wall soon. Maybe they're doing that now, what with the defeats to Lakers and Nets, although I would consider those more flukes than anything.

Comment

It may be because of injured people they play a lot of people need to trade depth or picks for veterans playing at a higher ceiling than let's place at IT level

Comment

Nice game tonight Kelly o Boston 7=3 last 10 rising in the standings to a position most thought they would be in.

Comment

Working...
                              X