Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dwight Howard?

http://blog.chron.com/ultimaterocket...-houston-lies/

Things obviously aren't working out in Houston. I'm curious to see how people would react if he made his way across the boarder?
    @Chr1st1anL

Why?
    Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

Man you really, really want JV gone.

EDIT: Just to clarify. I could legitimately make an argument that Valanciunas has been better than Dwight the past 2 seasons. Per 36 Jonas has better raw stats this year. Worse scoring last year, but pretty much even on rebounds and blocks, while being a vastly superior free throw shooter.

Then you want to talk about advanced stats. Jonas has .188 WS/48 this year and .189 last year, Dwight hasn't hit that mark since 2011 (where granted, he greatly surpassed it, but that was the start of his decline). Jonas has him beat in scoring efficiency too.

Granted Howard is still a better defender, particularly as a help-side guy and he's more mobile, but he's also a huge injury liability, will be 31 next season and has had off-court "problems" since he left Orlando. Just don't see the reasoning behind paying him a max deal that would start at close to THIRTY MILLION (this is what it would take to sign Dwight because regardless of his production, he has that blockbuster status associated with him) when we have a center who's just as good if not better, trending upwards and comes with zero baggage.
      Last edited by JWash; Wed Dec 16, 2015, 06:21 PM.

Comment

Axel wrote: View Post
        Why?
        Boogie owned him last night. Something ridiculous like 4 points and 2 rebounds (maybe more rebounds

And they could both stay far away ... Anyway. We've got a big big.

Comment

Can this be put in trade forum?

Every single player who is rumoured to be available is put up in a thread in here by OP.

There is no relation to the Raptors in any of the news sources.

This is trade forum b.s.

Comment

Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

I would have to pass and say no. Dwight has quit on every team he has been a part of. Orlando, then the Lakers and now rumblings have him wanting out of Houston. The cost of the baggage he brings outweighs his talent.
              There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
              - TGO

Comment

Should say. Clint Capela?
                Last edited by Masai Uhearme; Wed Dec 16, 2015, 06:33 PM.

Comment

Classic christian.

Comment

JWash wrote: View Post
                    Man you really, really want JV gone.

EDIT: Just to clarify. I could legitimately make an argument that Valanciunas has been better than Dwight the past 2 seasons. ....
                    Granted Howard is still a better defender .... but he's also a huge injury liability, will be 31 next season and has had off-court "problems" since he left Orlando. Just don't see the reasoning behind paying him a max deal that would start at close to THIRTY MILLION when we have a center who's just as good if not better, trending upwards and comes with zero baggage.
                    Right-o. But I have a "no-dickhead" rule which covers this. You might consider implementing such a rule.

(Unless someone is sure Kyle Lowry can be a bit of a dick-head ... in which case I have a "no complete dick-heads" ... or an "only 1 dick-head per team" rule - whichever covers this.

Comment

Wild-ling#1 wrote: View Post
                      Right-o. But I have a "no-dickhead" rule which covers this. You might consider implementing such a rule.

(Unless someone is sure Kyle Lowry can be a bit of a dick-head ... in which case I have a "no complete dick-heads" ... or an "only 1 dick-head per team" rule - whichever covers this.
                      Never really heard of Howard being a dick head. ..baby...too uncompetitive. .but not dick head...he's basically the anti kobe which is why he LA experiment flopped.

Anyways, do not want. His career is plumetting a fair bit he's a shadow of Orlando Dwight now.
                      9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

Dwight Howard might be a lot of things but, when the games matter he shows up!

17 playoffs games last year

16.4 PTS, 14 REB, 2.3 BLK, 1.2 AST, 1.4 BLK 33.3 mins

This has nothing to do with how I feel about JV but, more to do with Kyle Lowry. As we all know Lowry is on another level right now. I think Masai has to take full advantage of this. He needs to bring in another all-star caliber player. If Dwight Howard is healthy. There is only one big man better than him and that's DMC.
                        @Chr1st1anL

Comment

2013-14 playoffs 6 games

26 PTS, 13.7 REB, 2.8 BLK, 54.7 FG

People keep saying that regular season doesn't. You guys should love these numbers than.
                          @Chr1st1anL

Comment

I wouldn't even trade Bruno for him and y'all know what i think of Bruno lol.

Howard is the biggest DIVA in the NBA man. He's loses everywhere he goes.
                            Mamba Mentality

Comment

TRex wrote: View Post
                              I wouldn't even trade Bruno for him and y'all know what i think of Bruno lol.

Howard is the biggest DIVA in the NBA man. He's loses everywhere he goes.
                              Debatable. He's been in the NBA Finals with Orlando and WCF with Houston.

Comment

Working...
                              X