Raptors 2016 Trade Deadline - Dec 15th 2015 - Feb 18th 2016 @ 3pm EST

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JWash wrote: View Post
    Where'd you see this? Don't see anything on his twitter. He did suggest Horford could be getting traded though, seems that rumor is starting to pick up more.

I think for Griffin trade discussions would start with DeRozan (Doc's always been high on him as well). Can't really imagine what else they'd want on our team. I'd do that trade though. DD and 2Pat for Griffin. Idk that could be a deal that just weirdly works out for both teams.
    Frank Isola discussed on the starting line up yesterday and today. Additionally Jarrod Greenberg discussed on off the dribble yesterday. Frank Isola was 100% convinced Clippers shopping Griffen.

Comment

• A DeRozan S&T for Griffin in the offseason would be interesting, and would seem to help both teams. Could that be a rare 1-for-1 trade?

A JV / Griffin / Carroll / Ross / Lowry lineup seems pretty well balanced, with Patterson / Joseph / prospects and picks on the bench.

Comment

• It was jarring to watch Morris jostle for post position and dunk hard over Jonas Valanciunas in Earl Watson's first game as the Suns' head coach. Where in the hell was that all season? Morris has cooled since dropping a season-high 30 on the Drakes, but his motor magically shifted into high gear once Phoenix canned Jeff Hornacek.

Morris should be embarrassed at the transparency of his switch-flipping. It's an insult to Hornacek, his teammates and Phoenix fans. Hornacek isn't blameless here. He couldn't mend the team's relationship with Morris, and he clashed with both twins at times. Guess what? We all get paid money to work for bosses we might not like during phases of our careers. Real pros put in their best effort regardless, because they take pride in their job and care about their co-workers.

I'd still take a chance on Morris; I'm a believer in his game, provided he can find a better balance between ball-stopping and play-making. But the past year has been discouraging.

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/14...denly-relevant

Not a quality character....at all.

Lowe might take a chance on him, I wouldn't.

Comment

• CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
          A DeRozan S&T for Griffin in the offseason would be interesting, and would seem to help both teams. Could that be a rare 1-for-1 trade?

A JV / Griffin / Carroll / Ross / Lowry lineup seems pretty well balanced, with Patterson / Joseph / prospects and picks on the bench.
          You know what would be really fun with that starting lineup? Griffin running the pick and roll as the ball handler with JV, wihle the other three spot up, as a play action for when you need Lowry to breathe for a minute (obviously Lowry-Griffin and Lowry-JV would be the primary play actions).
          twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• Markieff Morris last night vs Thunder:

23 PTS, 7 REB, 3 AST, 2 STL, 1 BLK

7/14 FG, 0/1 3FG, 9/13 FT

P.J. Tucker vs Thunder

16 PTS, 5 REB, 5 STL, 2AST

7/10 FG, 0/1 3FG, 2/2 FT
            @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
              You know what would be really fun with that starting lineup? Griffin running the pick and roll as the ball handler with JV, wihle the other three spot up, as a play action for when you need Lowry to breathe for a minute (obviously Lowry-Griffin and Lowry-JV would be the primary play actions).
              Also, high/low action with either JV or Griffin in the high post would be really fun.
              twitter.com/anthonysmdoyle

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
                Markieff Morris last night vs Thunder:

P.J. Tucker vs Thunder

7/10 FG, 0/1 3FG, 2/2 FT

Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• Morris ate RR favourite Ibaka's food last night. His exactly what we need to lower both KL/DD usage.
                  @Chr1st1anL

Comment

Morris ate RR favourite Ibaka's food last night. His exactly what we need to lower both KL/DD usage.
                    I agree , but retaining 2pat is important, if he leaves in the trade it's 2 steps forward and 1 step back..

If Masai can fleece Phoenix ND get Morris for as little as Scola & JJ then I'm in 100%

Comment

• breakin_ankles wrote: View Post
                      I agree , but retaining 2pat is important, if he leaves in the trade it's 2 steps forward and 1 step back..

If Masai can fleece Phoenix ND get Morris for as little as Scola & JJ then I'm in 100%
                      You'd have to either throw in Wright or a pick at that point. I feel if you put 2pat in there you can avoid throwing the pick in there.
                      @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• I'd like to keep Patterson as well.

Scola, JJ our 2016 pick and the clippers 2017 pick for Morris. Then we have a roster spot to add Ronald Roberts. Does that get it done?

Comment

Markieff Morris last night vs Thunder:

P.J. Tucker vs Thunder

7/10 FG, 0/1 3FG, 2/2 FT
                          So what are the chances MU actually trades for Morris? 100%? 10%? 1%?
                          If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

• Rudy Bargnani wrote: View Post
                            I'd like to keep Patterson as well.

Scola, JJ our 2016 pick and the clippers 2017 pick for Morris. Then we have a roster spot to add Ronald Roberts. Does that get it done?
                            not trading 2 firsts for Markieff Moron, no thanks.

Comment

• I hear ya. But then we have to give up Patterson or part of the bench core right?

I mean the choice is either
                              --Do nothing
                              --trade 1-2 picks
                              --or trade part of the bench that is playing so well and gelling.

Comment

• KHD wrote: View Post
                                not trading 2 firsts for Markieff Moron, no thanks.
                                Me neither, 1 pick and a prospect.

Comment

Working...
                                X