Raptors 2016 Trade Deadline - Dec 15th 2015 - Feb 18th 2016 @ 3pm EST

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
    Than you play Horford at 5 and bring 2pat at the 4.
    3inthekeon wrote: View Post
    As opposed to Scola.

JV-PP start, BB-RA bench.
    Raps07 wrote: View Post
    You realize that the number one lineup in the league !!! Has biz in the line up,,, right ?
    Lowry/cojo/Ross/PPat /biz ..

So that theory is garbage !!!
    According to the opinions above, shouldn't we be starting 2PAT now and bringing Scola off the bench? It would also be a great way to showcase him for trade bait (.....or might backfire and expose him).

Comment

• Snooch wrote: View Post
      Demar to Boston

Bradley, Olynik, A pick from Boston and Toronto Pick to Atlanta

Patterson to Memphis

Horford and Courtney Lee to Toronto

Lowry/Joseph/Wright
      Lee/Ross/Powell
      Carroll/JJ/Bruno
      Horford/Scola/Bennett
      JV/Biz/Bebe

That is a great team, lockdown defense, floor spacing, post up game.
      Can I give you a challenge?

Come up with a realistic trade that improves the Raps and doesn't involve dealing DeMar. Just a challenge, I want to see if you can do it.

Comment

• Snooch wrote: View Post
        I shouldnt have has to post all that.

It should have been obvious on many levels that biz starting is a bad idea on its own.

Sent from my LG-D852 using Tapatalk
        It's funny that the gut using the word " obvious" keeps proposing dero trades ..

Guess what bro .. It's pretty OBVIOUS to the entire NBA world ( including the coaches that chose DD for the allstar game ) That Demar is a legit allstar .. And is NOT getting traded !!! Never, not happening !!!!

But u keep posting your idiotic Demar trades .. Lol .. Lol

Comment

• 1.) Trading Valanciunas unless a superstar is coming back is moronic.
          2.) Trading DeRozan unless a superstar is coming back is moronic.
          3.) No, Al Horford is not a superstar.

End of discussion.

Comment

• Thank you, Masai!

http://twitter.com/m_shantz

Comment

• Shantz wrote: View Post
              Thank you, Masai!

lol.

Comment

• Shantz wrote: View Post
                Thank you, Masai!

Good.

Comment

• JWash wrote: View Post
                  1.) Trading Valanciunas unless a superstar is coming back is moronic.

End of discussion.
                  This logic is totally flawed. Trading DD or JV for Horford would be fine on a talent basis. Horford's 18th in the league in win shares, just behind DeMar.

The issue is their contracts and fit. That's why you keep DD/JV in a Horford scenario, not because of talent level.

Comment

• JWash wrote: View Post
                    1.) Trading Valanciunas unless a superstar is coming back is moronic.

End of discussion.
                    Lol lol
                    The guys that think their opinion is the be all n end all is funny to me on here ... I suggested a trade that I THOUGHT was a good return .. I still believe that ! But .. I don't pretend that I'm right n everyone else is wrong !
                    Get off your horse dude ... It's your opinion ! It's not fact !

Comment

• Scraptor wrote: View Post
                      This logic is totally flawed. Trading DD or JV for Horford would be fine on a talent basis. Horford's 18th in the league in win shares, just behind DeMar.

The issue is their contracts and fit. That's why you keep DD/JV in a Horford scenario, not because of talent level.

JWash didn't say anything about talent/contract/fit. All three being important was pretty obviously implicit, and the fact that he doesn't consider Horford a superstar is an arguable but valid opinion.

Comment

• Scraptor wrote: View Post

It's a little over the top, true. But the scenarios where trading JV makes sense are limited to a) a better player, signed long term (which seems unlikely), b) a true superstar, whether signed long term or not (but would still be risky if not), or c) some tremendous return of young assets and/or very high draft picks.

Even then, if Horford was signed long term, it would be a decent move trading JV straight up for him. But big name players on long deals cost more than JV. They cost JV plus prospects plus the Knicks pick, etc. Is the upgrade worth it there considering the hole on the team is at PF, not C?

We're at a stage in our team building where it is much more efficient (and important) to upgrade our areas of weakness than to further upgrade our areas of strength.
                        twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• This thread has become pretty trash with the exception of a couple quality posters trying to keep things sane. Everybody else is just throwing shit at the wall trying to trade players they're biased against.

Let me just say one last time Horford for jv is awful. At best it takes us from losing to Cleveland in 5 to losing in Cleveland in 7, handcuffs us into the tax already when we're not ready, and jv will be better than Horford in 2 years. And much cheaper still.
                          9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• Raps07 wrote: View Post
                            Lol lol
                            The guys that think their opinion is the be all n end all is funny to me on here ... I suggested a trade that I THOUGHT was a good return .. I still believe that ! But .. I don't pretend that I'm right n everyone else is wrong !
                            Get off your horse dude ... It's your opinion ! It's not fact !
                            I didn't mean to present my opinion as fact. But it's annoying as hell seeing people suggest trading DeRozan or Valanciunas in ADDITION to other assets for Horford who is older than both players, not signed long-term like JV and has no attachment to the team like DeRozan in terms of staying. Also would not be any sort of significant upgrade if he'd even be an upgrade at all. For all intents and purposes, one could legitimately argue that DeRozan is a better player than Horford right now. And JV with increased opportunity probably could be as well.

This faction crap is just getting annoying. You see all the DeRozan supporters wanting to run JV out of town and the opposite going the other way. Here's an idea. Both guys are fucking good, their ages aren't so far apart that they can't play together for the next 4-5 years, you don't break that up unless it's for one of the best 10-15 players in the game (someone who's on par with or better than Lowry and there are not many of those guys around).

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
                              It's a little over the top, true. But the scenarios where trading JV makes sense are limited to a) a better player, signed long term (which seems unlikely), b) a true superstar, whether signed long term or not (but would still be risky if not), or c) some tremendous return of young assets and/or very high draft picks.

Even then, if Horford was signed long term, it would be a decent move trading JV straight up for him. But big name players on long deals cost more than JV. They cost JV plus prospects plus the Knicks pick, etc. Is the upgrade worth it there considering the hole on the team is at PF, not C?

We're at a stage in our team building where it is much more efficient (and important) to upgrade our areas of weakness than to further upgrade our areas of strength.
                              I agree with that .. Earlier u mentioned that biz as a starter had a negative .. But that's with Scola as PF.. I'm pretty sure with Horford playing PF instead of Scola... It's safe to assume that everyone's +\- would improve !

Just saying ..stats with one player don't necessarily stay the same , when better players are brought in

Comment

• Side-grades are not the path to a title.

Comment

Working...
                                X