No announcement yet.

Raptors 2016 Trade Deadline - Dec 15th 2015 - Feb 18th 2016 @ 3pm EST

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking at trade scenarios for the Raptors I noticed something that I found amusing. Most teams in the league have 1 or more albatross contracts. Guys who are getting massively overpaid. We really don't. This sounds like a good thing, but because of salary matching in trades, it does make things a bit harder.
    twitter.com/anthonysmdoyle

Comment

• with Billy King relocated and Lionel Hollins turfed,

I think it's time we poached Thaddeus Young
      For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

• thead wrote: View Post
        with Billy King relocated and Lionel Hollins turfed,

I think it's time we poached Thaddeus Young
        This, JJ/2pat/Wright for Young works contract wise. Nets get one expiring contract(JJ). One serviceable stretch 4(2Pat) to play next to Lopez. Also get a NBA prospect(Wright) at a position of need.
        @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
          This, JJ/2pat/Wright for Young works contract wise. Nets get one expiring contract(JJ). One serviceable stretch 4(2Pat) to play next to Lopez. Also get a NBA prospect(Wright) at a position of need.
          I don't think Young is worth all those guys to be honest.

Comment

• tDotted wrote: View Post
            His playing really good this year.
            @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• No interest in Young.
              twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• Raptors 2016 Trade Deadline - Dec 15th 2015 - Feb 18th 2016 @ 3pm EST

I'm watching Denver vs charolette. And man, Masai needs to get Gallo on this team.

I really think with Gallo as our starting 4, we will be guaranteed ecf team. He has all the skills we'd want our starting 4 man to have. AND he's super versitile, can play the 2 3 4 and even small ball 5

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                I'm back. I no longer worship joe johnson

Comment

• tDotted wrote: View Post
                  One guy(JJ) who doesn't play when our starters are all healthy. The other guy is a reserve(2pat) and the last one is a young PG with upside. Who can't get any playing time with us. Seem fair for a legit starting 4 in the league.
                  @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Gallo is definitely more what we should target. This team needs a dominant shooter who is quick on rotations at PF (as JV plays inside on both ends and our back three - Carroll, DD and Lowry - are all very good rebounders and we don't need a great rebounder at the 4).

How to construct a deal though...
                    twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

One guy(JJ) who doesn't play when our starters are all healthy. The other guy is a reserve(2pat) and the last one is a young PG with upside. Who can't get any playing time with us. Seem fair for a legit starting 4 in the league.
                      Legit starting 4 does not necessarily mean he's a good fit. And legit starting 4 on a TERRIBLE team is not necessarily the same as legit starting 4 on a real team.
                      twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• yabadabayolo wrote: View Post
                        I'm watching Denver vs charolette. And man, Masai needs to get Gallo on this team.

I really think with Gallo as our starting 4, we will be guaranteed ecf team. He has all the skills we'd want our starting 4 man to have. AND he's super versitile, can play the 2 3 4 and even small ball 5

Been saying this. We just don't have anything that Denver would want though. This team is a legit 4 away from making a serious run this spring.
                        @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• I actually would be down to get Gallo and try him at the 4 spot.

The downsides I can see right off the bat are:
                          - He's a great rebounder for a 3 but not for a 4, rebounds about as well as 2Pat
                          - Has an extensive injury history
                          - Will not come cheap in a trade even though Denver sucks.

However, he's an extremely efficient scorer. He can shoot the 3 and draw fouls at an extremely high rate. He's got an insane 122 oRTG and putting up .176 WS/48, on pace for 8 or 9 WS this season. He can pass the ball very well and has the ability to score on and off the ball very effectively.

With regards to USG he's actually not using that many more possessions while he's on the floor than Scola, so I don't see that being a significant issue. Don't see much conflict offensively with DeMar or DeMarre since Gallo basically doesn't have an in-between game (he hardly ever shoots from 3-16 feet) while DD makes about 1/2 of his money there and DeMarre is mostly just a spot-up, catch-and-shoot guy.

Plus within the Casey offense that inevitably breaks down into iso-ball, the guy would provide another player on the team who can take and make big shots, which would be helpful.

Playing 3 wings at the 2-3-4 is something that Masai has considered apparently with Wes Matthews in FA, and in this case it might actually work out better because you wouldn't need to play DeMarre at 4 (meaning he could still guard the best wing scorer) because Gallo could take that matchup. Gallo has played a lot of power forward in his career (36% of his minutes according to BREF) and at 6'10 225lbs I think he could hold his own.

Only question really to me is how the hell would we get him? Financially it's not too hard as JJ+2Pat+(one of our prospects, maybe Bebe or Wright) gets it done but Denver is clearly going to want more than that. That means giving up picks and I really think they'd be eyeballing that Knicks/their one... which makes it tough.

Gallo's got a pretty good contract too, 14M this year and 15.5M next year before a 16M player option in 2017-18.

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
                            Gallo is definitely more what we should target. This team needs a dominant shooter who is quick on rotations at PF (as JV plays inside on both ends and our back three - Carroll, DD and Lowry - are all very good rebounders and we don't need a great rebounder at the 4).

Hey dann, just a general question, If we were to trade Ross, what is the value poison pill contract ?

I'm back. I no longer worship joe johnson

Comment

Well, the starters aren't all healthy. Nobody knows when Carroll is coming back and JJ is still very useful against certain defensive assignments. 2Pat is one of our only shooters on the team. Young can hit a 3 occasionally but if you can't spread the floor with consistent shooters, you'll be in trouble in the playoffs. We don't have many as it is.

DanH wrote: View Post
                              Gallo is definitely more what we should target. This team needs a dominant shooter who is quick on rotations at PF (as JV plays inside on both ends and our back three - Carroll, DD and Lowry - are all very good rebounders and we don't need a great rebounder at the 4).

yabadabayolo wrote: View Post

I like Gallo, but I still have my doubts for him as a starting PF. An inefficient 4 who can't protect the rim isn't what we need to trade for at the moment.

Comment

• Patterson, JJ, Nogueira for Gallo and Mike Miller works salary wise (and works with their roster size since they just cut Papa), though we have to wait for Feb 1st. We could throw in a couple picks - the LAC pick and then our own 2016 pick.

The the roster is:
                                KL/CJ/DW
                                DD/TR/NP
                                DC/MM/BC
                                DG/LS/AB
                                JV/BB

No cap space at the end of the year, but we use the MLE on Biyombo and re-sign DD with Bird Rights. Use the Knicks pick to grab a high upside PF and roll Bruno and Powell into the rotation next year. Can't say I'd be upset with that.
                                twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Working...
                                X