Toronto Washington
    PG - Kyle Lowry PG - John Wall
    SG - Demar Derozan SG - Garrett Temple
    SF - James Johnson SF - Otto Porter
    PF - Luis Scola PF - Jared Dudley
    C - Jonas Valanciunas C - Marcin Gortat

Last Meeting
    DECEMBER 30, 2015 TORONTO 94, WASHINGTON 91
    DeMar DeRozan tied his season high with 34 points, and the Raptors beat the Wizards 94-91 … DeRozan went 15 for 15 at the freethrow line as Toronto won its fifth straight regular-season game against Washington … Bismack Biyombo had a game-high 12 rebounds plus 12 points, while Terrence Ross finished with 14 points and Kyle Lowry had 11 for Toronto, who have won three of four … Otto Porter led the Wizards with 20 points and nine rebounds … John Wall had 19 points, 11 assists and seven rebounds … The Raptors shot a season-low 34 per cent from the field, but had a 55-44 rebounding edge … Toronto led virtually from the opening whistle and took a 77-65 advantage into the fourth quarter … The Raptors appeared to be in control with 3:13 to go after Wall was assessed a technical foul … Three free throws from Kyle Lowry gave Toronto a 90-81 lead … But the Wizards scored the next seven points, and then pulled within one on Jared Dudley's 3 with 39 seconds to go … They missed three 3s on their final possession. NOTE: This obviously does not include the Playoffs ... lets just forget about that.

Note Worthy
    • The Toronto Raptors continue a stretch of five straight road games (Jan. 4-14) by visiting the Washington Wizards on Friday night. The Raptors are 6-1 when playing on Friday nights this season with three road victories.

• Friday's game at Washington will mark exactly two years since the Raptors last had a record below .500. According to the Elias Sports Bureau only three teams maintain a +.500 record every day for the last two years - Golden State, Chicago and Toronto.

• Toronto ranks second in the NBA for road wins, trailing only the Los Angeles Clippers' 12 victories. Toronto reaches the halfway point of the 2015-16 road schedule Friday at Washington.

• Toronto held Brooklyn to an opponent season-low 74 points Jan. 6 at Brooklyn and extended a streak of 15 straight wins when holding opponents under 100 points.

• Jonas Valanciunas scored a season-high 22 points Jan. 6 at Brooklyn. He also recorded a team-high 11 rebounds for his team-leading seventh double-double of the year.

• Kyle Lowry recorded a season-high five steals during Wednesday's game at Brooklyn. Lowry, who ranks third in the NBA averaging 2.24 steals (83 total) is 10 steals away from matching Doug Christie's mark of 93 steals in 1998-99 before the midway point of the season.

• Lowry also leads the team with 98 three-pointers and is two away from matching his own team record for three-pointers through the first 41 games. Lowry made 100 three-pointers during the first half of the 2013-14 season.

• DeMar DeRozan ranks sixth in NBA scoring since Dec. 1 averaging 25.2 points in 19 games. He is shooting .463 (156-for-337) from the field, .361 (13-for-36) from three-point range and .862 (131-for-152) at the free throw line.

• DeMarre Carroll had arthroscopic surgery Jan. 6 on his right knee. The procedure was performed by Dr. David Altchek at the Hospital for Special Surgery in New York City.

Go Raps!

Awesome. Some delicious "Notewothy Facts", too ...

(I hate off days ... )

Comment

How is JV our double double leader? He's missed like half the season at least lol
      "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

Wild-ling#1 wrote: View Post
        Awesome. Some delicious "Notewothy Facts", too ...

(I hate off days ... )
        You're gonna hate next week since we only have 1 game in London for the entire week
        "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

What'll we DO???

... Maybe arrange a DeMarre Carroll Twitter event of some kind?

Comment

MACK11 wrote: View Post
            How is JV our double double leader? He's missed like half the season at least lol
            Because it's practically impossible for BB to even threaten 10 points most games, and no one else puts up double digits outside of points except the rare assist one from Lowry.
            twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Joey wrote: View Post

Go Raps!
              That's such an awesome graphic. Too bad last playoffs was like Voldemort using the Killing Curse on a Raptor
              OG is our king

Comment

Last game before a lean stretch, it better be a good one.
                The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

007 wrote: View Post
                  Last game before a lean stretch, it better be a good one.
                  Last game before the last game for a lean stretch (philly the next day)....but then it's nothing until the 14th!!

Comment

great info joey especially the update on DC. I am interested in JVs match-up against the wily vet Gortat

Comment

Wild-ling#1 wrote: View Post
                      What'll we DO???

... Maybe arrange a DeMarre Carroll Twitter event of some kind?
                      I say we have a daily prediction pool of some sort. At the end the winner gets to be mod for a day. Loser gets sacrificed to Baphomet the goat demon.

Comment

Remember that time when we swept the Wizards in the season and then got swept by them in the Playoffs?
                        "My biggest concern as a coach is to not confuse winning with progress." - Steve Kerr
                        "If it's unacceptable in defeat, it's unacceptable in victory." - Jeff Van Gundy

Comment

Just Is wrote: View Post
                          Remember that time when we swept the Wizards in the season and then got swept by them in the Playoffs?
                          go ... yourself mate.

Comment

In any case this should be a win.
                            twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

rocwell wrote: View Post
                              go ... yourself mate.
                              I just want a correction for last year. I want a sweep in the season and a sweep in the playoffs against these guys.
                              "My biggest concern as a coach is to not confuse winning with progress." - Steve Kerr
                              "If it's unacceptable in defeat, it's unacceptable in victory." - Jeff Van Gundy

Comment

Working...
                              X