No announcement yet.

Virginia Senator: Saudi Arabia and Turkey are greatest threats to world peace

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Virginia Senator: Saudi Arabia and Turkey are greatest threats to world peace

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2016-0...ts-world-peace

Slowly but surely, the masses are waking up from the spoon fed drivel that has been fed to them from incompetent media and corrupt government.

Sadly, the Virginia Senator left out his own country.

“I believe that Saudi Arabia and Turkey are the two greatest dangers to world peace,” Black told RT. “It is Saudi Arabia, through the Wahhabist doctrine, that is spreading terrorism across the globe. It’s not Iran, it’s not Syria or any other country.”

“Erdogan has a dream of becoming a new Ottoman Empire,” Black said. “He’s a very calculating, very vicious individual and, I think, a great danger. Erdogan won an absolute majority of the Turkish parliament, which will enable him to rewrite the constitution. Once he had that total power to impose an absolute dictatorship – which he intends to do – and he publicly said that his model is that of Adolph Hitler.”

“Virtually all arms, ammunition, equipment, supplies, jihadists, medical support – all of it comes from Turkey. Right now, ISIS sends 44,000 barrels of oil per day – stolen barrels, most of it from Syria – across the border into Turkey. The State Department has publicly said that there’s only a trickle of oil that gets into Turkey, but I have personally spoken to Kurdish activists … [who] observed hundreds of ISIS oil tankers carrying stolen Syrian oil into Turkey on a daily basis.”

"Turkey is actively assisting the ISIS rebels and helping the Al-Nusra rebels which are linked with Al-Qaeda.”

“In both places we’ve got terrorists, and in both places their major support comes out of Turkey. And it comes out of Turkey with approval from the highest levels of government.”

So this is a war hero and a lawyer who worked on Executive Orders for the President shouting from the rooftops that Washington's Mid-East policy not only amounts to lunacy, but in fact makes the world a more dangerous place.

Actually, it's worse than that. Black is suggesting that the US knowingly and openly supports the two governments that pose the greatest threat to global peace and security.

And he's exactly right.

Sadly these are also the allies Canada has aligned itself with over the last decade. Mr. Trudeau? Some hope and change please?

mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
    http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2016-0...ts-world-peace

Slowly but surely, the masses are waking up from the spoon fed drivel that has been fed to them from incompetent media and corrupt government.

Sadly, the Virginia Senator left out his own country.

Sadly these are also the allies Canada has aligned itself with over the last decade. Mr. Trudeau? Some hope and change please?
    I'd be more suspicious about the aims of Saudi Arabia and Iran before dumping on Turkey...but who knows. There was some carnage in Istanbul today with 10 killed in the middle of the city....ISIS I believe has claimed responsibility. Now how does this square with Erdogan working with ISIS or even doing oil business with them at a governmental level. They must get it at a very good price seeing as how Oil $ are in the toilet currently. I see only the black market profiting from such cross border deliveries....is there any real evidence of official complicity? I see where Erdogan has offered to resign if such can be presented (some more Putin/Erdogan sabre rattling perhaps?).

Turkey wanting to relive the Ottoman empire? Thats a new one on me. How? Who are they going to pillage and burn and annex?

Saudi and Iran are playing a classic proxy war in Syria with Hezbollah in the mix. Assad is currently starving out the city of Madaya. Wish Zerohedge could do a story on that atrocity and who are committing it.

A state senator delving into foreign policy matters? Not that he cannot but of course it has no official weight. Both the major parties are quite mute on Syria these days. If Sen Black is outraged he should publicly rebuke the GOP slate of his party's presidential nominees for remaining silent on the matter...except for blaming Obama for screwing up the handling of the Syria matter. Mostly they are mute or start another war there ...and that thought has sailed with the Russians there now. What is true is that Obama has kept his country out of another war in the ME which ISIS desperately wants.

It's political season now so be assured that nothing drastic shall be contemplated. And ordinary folk will bear the brunt as is usual. Those who could afford have moved already.

Canada is a small power (if at all militarily). I am sure Trudeau and his people are working the backrooms and get out of the business of arms supply as the previous govt. did with the Saudis...and pretending to be what we are not.

I would want the US/Canada to publicly call out Saudi Arabia. Is that going to happen? Not unless hell freezes over. There is just the small matter of Saudi's treasury and spare change being held in US$ and endorsing OPEC's use of the same currency for their pricing.
    Last edited by Bendit; Tue Jan 12, 2016, 08:20 PM.

Comment

Its pretty clear Turkey is helping ISIS in Syria. Speaking about the Saudis, it's pretty clear they have connections to the 911 attacks.

So yeah, I agree with the senator that there is danger there. I probably don't know enough to say who is most dangerous. North Korea was probably to on my list. Iran was up there as well.

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post
        Its pretty clear Turkey is helping ISIS in Syria. Speaking about the Saudis, it's pretty clear they have connections to the 911 attacks.

So yeah, I agree with the senator that there is danger there. I probably don't know enough to say who is most dangerous. North Korea was probably to on my list. Iran was up there as well.
        Wouldn't that then mean that it was complicit in ISIS terror bombings in the heart of Turkey?

Comment

He's only about 100 years behind T.E. Lawrence but better late than never. Of course, he also left out the peaceful Persians. Those lovable rascals.... I wonder if it was cause he was on RT and they are the US-media propaganda arm of everyone's favourite tyrant Vladimir Putin.

Comment

Bendit wrote: View Post
            Wouldn't that then mean that it was complicit in ISIS terror bombings in the heart of Turkey?
            its complicated, i dont think turkey supports isis (private citizens are) but one of the major opponents of isis is the kurds and Turkey is emphatically against the kurds and the kurds creating their own homeland (kurds are the largest ethnic group in the world without a country of their own)

so i feel Turkey turns a blind eye to Isis because they have a mutual enemy
            (also when Turkey said they would start bombing Isis in Syria they ended up bombing more kurdish targets than isis targets)

Comment

Niagara Raptor wrote: View Post
              its complicated, i dont think turkey supports isis (private citizens are) but one of the major opponents of isis is the kurds and Turkey is emphatically against the kurds and the kurds creating their own homeland (kurds are the largest ethnic group in the world without a country of their own)

so i feel Turkey turns a blind eye to Isis because they have a mutual enemy
              (also when Turkey said they would start bombing Isis in Syria they ended up bombing more kurdish targets than isis targets)
              I agree with your post. However I was mostly responding to the comment "...pretty clear Turkey is helping ISIS in Syria.".

If the poster meant that.... Turkey, by attacking the kurds who were fighting ISIS, was in effect helping ISIS...I would accept that premise. But then ISIS still attacked Turkey in Turkey. It doesn't compute...for me anyway.

I am quite aware of the Turkey/Kurds problem. They have a large Kurdish population /territory within Turkey proper with the politics of separation not unlike our own Quebec issue only more violent possibly. And yes, the Kurds should have their own state imo. Blame that on the Ottoman empire and then the British carving up that area after.
              Last edited by Bendit; Fri Feb 26, 2016, 12:00 AM. Reason: Addition to first para.

Comment

Bendit wrote: View Post
                I agree with your post. However I was mostly responding to the comment "...pretty clear Turkey is helping ISIS in Syria.".

If the poster meant that.... Turkey, by attacking the kurds who were fighting ISIS, was in effect helping ISIS...I would accept that premise. But then ISIS still attacked Turkey in Turkey. It doesn't compute...for me anyway.

I am quite aware of the Turkey/Kurds problem. They have a large Kurdish population /territory within Turkey proper with the politics of separation not unlike our own Quebec issue only more violent possibly. And yes, the Kurds should have their own state imo. Blame that on the Ottoman empire and then the British carving up that area after.
                agree with you, doesnt make sense ... they want to defeat the crusaders and heretics (shia) yet they attack their fellow sunnis making more enemies ... i bet its just religious arrogance because they believe they cannot be defeated because they have god on their side .... doesnt seem to be working atm

Comment

Working...
                X