Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What happens if 2016 playoffs is a repeat of 2014 and 2015?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MACK11 wrote: View Post
    Just thinking of JV in the army is hilarious. He'll prob fall off the tank 3 mins into battle
    Naaa, he'll do really well, but then he'll be benched by his superiors.
    "Stay steamy"

- Kobe

Comment

hotfuzz wrote: View Post
      Naaa, he'll do really well, but then he'll be benched by his superiors.
      Nice one sir.
      Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
        I disagree.

DD is 27 next season. JV is 24.

If you're getting young guys with upside on rookie deals (i.e. NBA experience), no reason they can't form a core with DD and JV, in my opinion.

Also, and I should have put this in my post, trading Lowry takes $18M off the cap for 2017. Raptors could position themselves to make a run at a top 2017 free agent. Ibaka maybe?
        I would agree that their age is not an issue, but DD and JV never really have struck me as having good chemistry. That being said, I am interested to see how they work with new coaching. If New Orleans or Sac is in the top few picks of the lottery, we could trade up (pick plus lowry) and I would be happy. Large risk on our end, but I don't see us winning a lowry trade any other way (maybe as you suggested with Orlandos young guys)

Comment

I think keeping DD and trading Lowry will prove too difficult a proposition (DD will probably want assurances Lowry stays if he is to re-sign, and almost certainly will walk if Lowry is dealt beforehand, unless you get a better player back which seems exceedingly unlikely).

As such, if the 2015 playoffs are a total failure like last year (or even like two years ago with a close loss to an inferior team), drop Casey, let DD walk, trade Lowry at the draft for cap room and a pick, package several picks (whatever is needed from our own 2016, the Knicks 2016, the return on a Lowry deal, the Clippers' 2017) to move up as high as possible in the draft (but do not touch any future Raps picks). Try to find a trade partner for Carroll's deal, but if there's no value there then keep him as the vet leadership for a young team. Target some RFA's like Motiejunas with the newfound cap space.

Retool the team around JV as the offensive centrepiece in the post and in PnR with CoJo. Barring any successful upgrade at PF, start JV-PP-DC-TR-CJ. Target a coach who will run a 1 in 4 out scheme predicated mostly on using screen plays to set up inside play (post ups off of movement, drives and cuts during pick and roll plays).
          twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Starting to get the impression some here want the raps to lose in the first round.
            Last edited by Chr1s1anL; Sat Jan 16, 2016, 08:51 PM.
            @Chr1st1anL

Comment

The only course of action would be to not resign Casey. I'm actually okay with bringing back DD and keeping Lowry. The concern I have with trading Lowry is what return will we get back and who needs a PG?

Do note that Conley will be a free agent and a team like Orlando (or Utah) could just sign him outright. Conley is having an off year but that's mainly due to injury then play. It's much cheaper to resign Conley then to trade for Lowry who's a UFA and can opt out without assurance he'd be back.

I would really like to see how this team does in the playoffs with a new coach. Golden State went from an after thought to a champion and possibly a GOAT team from switching coaches.

Rebuilding around JV and DD without Lowry is obviously an option.. but who's playing PG for this team? If its CoJo then your basically ending up as a medicore 7-11 seed in the East (with a new coach). You either tank hard or retool and try again.

Comment

Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
                Starting to get the impression some here want the raps to lose in the first round.
                I think people just want to discuss all angles.

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

Axel wrote: View Post
                  I think people just want to discuss all angles.
                  That could be true. A lot people here don't like Casey and DD. No matter how well their doing. A lot people here know the best way for both of them to be gone next year is for the raps to lose in the first round.
                  @Chr1st1anL

Comment

That could be true. A lot people here don't like Casey and DD. No matter how well their doing. A lot people here know the best way for both of them to be gone next year is for the raps to lose in the first round.
                    It's more some question the 'how well we're doing'. We are getting wins, yes, but the way we're winning doesn't inspire optimism.
                    twitter.com/anthonysmdoyle

Comment

Barolt wrote: View Post
                      It's more some question the 'how well we're doing'. We are getting wins, yes, but the way we're winning doesn't inspire optimism.
                      As long as we keep getting better at D we can beat anyone in the East not named Cavs or Heat. This raptor team plays the Wiz and Lowry is healthy that series is totally different.
                      @Chr1st1anL

Comment

As long as we keep getting better at D we can beat anyone in the East not named Cavs or Heat. This raptor team plays the Wiz and Lowry is healthy that series is totally different.
                        Not even being capable of beating two teams means you should not be the least bit satisfied with your team. Not the least bit.
                        twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

We need some positive energy over here guys.

Raptors will get trough 1st round. DD, KL, JV.. they're done running on the treadmill!

Comment

It would be foolish to only consider a single outcome of the season; I wouldn't read any more into it than that.

Lowry's health can be attributed to coaching in some fashion (well discussed). Our D is entirely different than last year and I believe it is more sustainable but if our players give up like they did last year, then it won't matter.

Comment

DanH wrote: View Post
                              Not even being capable of beating two teams means you should not be the least bit satisfied with your team. Not the least bit.
                              Why? Those teams have hall famers. Our team has two all-stars. In till our talent level rises we shouldn't be able to beat those teams.
                              @Chr1st1anL

Comment

Why? Those teams have hall famers. Our team has two all-stars. In till our talent level rises we shouldn't be able to beat those teams.
                                OK. As such, we should be concerned about the talent level on this team and how to dramatically increase it and as such should not be the least bit satisfied with the current construct. How is that inconsistent with my previous statement?
                                twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Working...
                                X