Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

what one area or position do the raps need to improve in to beat Cleveland head to head

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is Whiteside that good? Seems like this years Larry Sanders.

Comment

LJ2 wrote: View Post
      Is Whiteside that good? Seems like this years Larry Sanders.
      Yeah, he's that good, and was last year too.

29 mpg, 12.3 pts, 11.2 reb, 3.9 blk, .613 FG%, 93 DRtg (unquestionably one of the best defensive players in the game right now)

Whiteside and Jordan are the best centers in the league. Whiteside is only 26, he can be a cornerstone in Miami for a long time.

Comment

I'm sure getting better ball movement has been mentioned.

1) We're 30th (aka dead last) in assisted 2 pt shots. No surprise there.

2) We're 5th in the league in assisted 3 pt shots. That is somewhat surprising.
        If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

3inthekeon wrote: View Post
          I'm sure getting better ball movement has been mentioned.

1) We're 30th (aka dead last) in assisted 2 pt shots. No surprise there.

2) We're 5th in the league in assisted 3 pt shots. That is somewhat surprising.
          Funny thing is, our Lowry+Bench unit has a 62.2% assist rate, which is better than all but 4 teams in the league. We definitely have the personnel to be a better passing team.
          twitter.com/anthonysmdoyle

Comment

Primer wrote: View Post

29 mpg, 12.3 pts, 11.2 reb, 3.9 blk, .613 FG%, 93 DRtg (unquestionably one of the best defensive players in the game right now)

Whiteside and Jordan are the best centers in the league. Whiteside is only 26, he can be a cornerstone in Miami for a long time.
            I'm looking at Miami now and his DRtg is 101.3.
            If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

Primer wrote: View Post

Dont think Hassan is a Rielly guy and they can have either him or wade ...or maybe he renounces both and reilly tries to bring in durant to pair with bosh and dragic...a biggish 3 but with no bench and no bigs..

tough spot the heat are in...they gave up 2 firsts for dragic and the cupboard may be pretty empty for help coming in via the draft.

wade and deng arent completely done but you can see the end is closer than not...

whiteside ...yeesh..its a tough call going all in on him ...someone will..but probably not pat..
              There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
              - TGO

Comment

rightsideup wrote: View Post
                Generally that works......also the team that wins the last game of a playoff series has very good odds of winning the series
                Well over 90% according to some polls.

Comment

SkywalkerAC wrote: View Post
                  I'd bet on Wade taking a discounted 15-17 mill salary in order to retain Whiteside myself.
                  Maybe a sneaky deal (would this work?)
                  4 years at 10 mil w years 3 & 4 player options, which Wade declines & signs new much higher deal.

Comment

Sorry I did not read the whole thread ... Just wanted to say that the real question is how do we beat the bulls ? Lol

Cavs are beatable ... Chicago is the real problem
                    2006-07 NBA Coach of the Year

Comment

3inthekeon wrote: View Post
                      I'm looking at Miami now and his DRtg is 101.3.
                      I use BBRef. No idea why it's calculated differently in different places.

Comment

Mapko wrote: View Post
                        Maybe a sneaky deal (would this work?)
                        4 years at 10 mil w years 3 & 4 player options, which Wade declines & signs new much higher deal.
                        Huh? Why would that work for Wade? Some teams will be willing to offer him $25M range per year. He's too old to re-up a new deal a few years from now, he needs to make this contract count as it's likely his last one.

Comment

SamMitchells wrote: View Post
                          Sorry I did not read the whole thread ... Just wanted to say that the real question is how do we beat the bulls ? Lol

Cavs are beatable ... Chicago is the real problem
                          Oh, because you saw chicago beat Cleveland the other night? Chicago is not the real problem. Chicago is relying on jimmy butler to go ham and are severely lacking in health, consistently and buy in. Lebron has been to the last 5 finals. The road still goes through Cleveland, unquestionably
                          9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

Demographic Shift wrote: View Post
                            Dont think Hassan is a Rielly guy and they can have either him or wade ...or maybe he renounces both and reilly tries to bring in durant to pair with bosh and dragic...a biggish 3 but with no bench and no bigs..

tough spot the heat are in...they gave up 2 firsts for dragic and the cupboard may be pretty empty for help coming in via the draft.

wade and deng arent completely done but you can see the end is closer than not...

whiteside ...yeesh..its a tough call going all in on him ...someone will..but probably not pat..
                            The 2nd best center in the league (who is only 26) just fell into their laps. Riley would be an idiot to just let him walk, at least in my humble opinion. I see zero chance of Durant leaving OKC to play with Bosh and Dragic. Definite tough spot unless Riley can pull off the miracle of getting Wade to agree to a small contract so they have the room to max out Whiteside.

Comment

Woah, Whiteside is not the 2nd best center in the league.

Comment

JWash wrote: View Post
                                Woah, Whiteside is not the 2nd best center in the league.
                                I'd take JV over Whiteside, easily.

I think Whiteside is basically Bismack's best case scenario. Decent defender, good shot blocker, good rebounder, scores within 5ft.

There's even some disagreement over whether Whiteside actually makes the Heat better defensively.
                                twitter.com/anthonysmdoyle

Comment

Working...
                                X