Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Snooch wrote: View Post
    I never said he was awful.

I stand by the notion that we would be far better long term with a more traditionally sustainable styled offense that is run from the inside out, as opposed to our current outside to inside back to outside offense.
    Yeah, cuz the non-traditional way is just killing Golden state.

you play to your strength. If you think JV is an offensive force, thats fine, we are entitled to an opinion.

Comment

• mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
      Leave it to FakeCoachPop to sum up my feelings:

@FakeCoachPop: Falling in love with January results is a good way to become the Mavericks.

....and I do not think the reference is to 2011 Mavericks.
      ahhhhh yes, instead, you should be angry, and dislike any success, because, as our short memories will always tell you, when Toronto was a sub 30 win team, it was WAY MORE FUN!

Comment

• JimiCliff wrote: View Post
        I doubt it would go down like that...but there's no doubt in my mind that there's shady stuff going on in the NBA. The draft lotteries (Cleveland getting Lebron initially, NO getting Brow when the new owner bought the team, Cleveland just happening to win the lottery right after Lebron left...) convinced me of that.
        Why does the league care about Cleveland's plight? Especially after their owner publicly called out LeBron, the face of the league?

Why hasn't the league done anything to help Toronto when we lost Bosh?

Comment

• becauzse they dont have to, toronto is a self sufficient and very, very strong market

Comment

• Superjudge wrote: View Post

you play to your strength. If you think JV is an offensive force, thats fine, we are entitled to an opinion.
            Maybe you haven't seen the Durant piece on this sort of thing? Mind you, it is Durant. And James Herbert cautions about needing to be adaptable in the playoffs ... which is fine.

http://www.cbssports.com/nba/eye-on-...-going-to-work

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
              I didn't come up with this in my "silly little head" do some googling there's a large history of his stuff that the nba tries hard to squash. Do you find it at all curious that the minute a criticism of officials comes up the nba fines guys upwards of 6 figures? That is a much higher fine than guys get for fights etc in game.

Frankly I find it even more far fetched to think that giant multinational entertainment businesses operate with zero interference.
              It's standard across all major sports leagues to implement fines for criticizing officials. Not sure how that's evidence of fixing.

What makes pro sports great is its parity/unpredictability. Take that away, and we're left with the WWE.

This entertainment business is constantly tweaking rules, and adjusting officiating emphasis in between seasons. That's how Silver ensures his product stays relevant and profitable. Not by awarding wins to poorly run franchises because something something Illuminati.

Comment

I think that a balanced approach is always best. I do not think JV should be a focal point, I do not think Lowry should be, I do not think DD should be.

Unless you have a curry on your team, no one man should be the centerpiece.

And Demar is not as good as lowry, hasn't been for last three years, so why weren't we playing to our strength in Lowry over this time period using your logic?

Comment

becauzse they dont have to, toronto is a self sufficient and very, very strong market
                  So why even allow a team in Cleveland at all? Wouldn't it make sense to relocate them to NY, LA, Chicago, etc.?

Comment

• Nilanka wrote: View Post
                    Why does the league care about Cleveland's plight? Especially after their owner publicly called out LeBron, the face of the league?

Why hasn't the league done anything to help Toronto when we lost Bosh?
                    Honestly I have no idea, but I thought it was very coincidental that they got him in the first place, and then beyond coincidental that they won the lottery when he left.

And as for not helping Toronto when Bosh left...I'd say that the league's handling of the Grizzlies franchise shows that they really don't care much at all about their Canadian presence.
                    "Stop eating your sushi."
                    "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
                    "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
                    - Jack Armstrong

Comment

• Axel wrote: View Post
                      Maybe it is referring to us "tackling" the hard hitting issues of which Raptor is who in Disney movie references.

I know it's a load off my mind.
                      me to.

Tomorrow I will work on assigning Princesses to the players/management.

Just a forewarning, it might get a little pg....

Comment

becauzse they dont have to, toronto is a self sufficient and very, very strong market
                        I can't get over how things are coming together in this market, in this sport. All the major sports have their attractions, of course, but the NBA is at the heart of North American pop culture. Main reason I have found the "No we can't!!" refrain and the "blow it all up" arguments so frustrating is because we're in an historic spot.

The Greater Toronto Area is now up and over the 6 million mark - all by itself. And with Canada as a market ...? We just need to be competitive for awhile ...

Which we are, of course. But "yes", some playoff success would be nice, in that regard. Still, I refuse to base my expectations of this season's playoff run on the last two years'. Not so long as the D is coming along, we've made significant personnel changes, our main guys are still learning and we get a good seed.

Check, check, check and check.
                        Last edited by Wild-ling#1; Tue Jan 26, 2016, 04:59 PM.

Comment

ahhhhh yes, instead, you should be angry, and dislike any success, because, as our short memories will always tell you, when Toronto was a sub 30 win team, it was WAY MORE FUN!

You really haven't read any of the posts I've made in this thread.

I'm all for enjoying the games - I encourage it actually because it is the best basketball this team has played in years or maybe more like over a decade. Unlike last season, they don't make me want to tear my eyes out despite the W-L record last season.

My issue is pulling out numbers based on a half season and comparing it to numbers from last season based on a full season - that is just stupid and misleading.

So while I watch and enjoy the games this season (overall), I'm not going to run up and down Bay Street doing my best Pinocchio because 1) it is January, and 2) the team is at the point where it is judged (or should be judged) on post season success not regular season (just ask Mark Jackson about that).

Comment

• Lowry has the ball more the DD.

Comment

• JimiCliff wrote: View Post
                              Honestly I have no idea, but I thought it was very coincidental that they got him in the first place, and then beyond coincidental that they won the lottery when he left.

And as for not helping Toronto when Bosh left...I'd say that the league's handling of the Grizzlies franchise shows that they really don't care much at all about their Canadian presence.
                              Occam's Razor suggests that instead of insider funny business, it's far more likely that referees simply make unintentional mistakes (they're human after all), and that lottery balls don't always play out according to odds. Combined with confirmation bias, and boom, instant conspiracy theory.

That is, a conspiracy theory that has no explanation for why San Antonio was awarded the 1st pick, or why LeBron fouls out of ECF games, or why Toronto was awarded an expansion team at all.

As for the Grizzlies, there's only 1 person to blame, and that's Stu Jackson.

Comment

• Repeated Pinnochio referencing, elephants-but-really-odd-fish-tackle, nba conspiracies...I'm gonna call a spade a spade: this thread is quality.
                                9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

Working...
                                X