No announcement yet.

GAME #47 - Detroit Pistons 107 - Toronto Raptors 111

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just watched it and I don't really get the angst. Pistons threw in a few heaves in the last minute or so but the game was never in doubt. Final score flattered Detroit. They got hammered.

Officiating was awful. Sucked the life out of the game. Terrible calls and no-calls both ways.

Comment

• Got some really good minutes out of BB tonight. His getting better.
      @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• slaw wrote: View Post
        Just watched it and I don't really get the angst. Pistons threw in a few heaves in the last minute or so but the game was never in doubt. Final score flattered Detroit. They got hammered.

Officiating was awful. Sucked the life out of the game. Terrible calls and no-calls both ways.
        I finally watched the game as well and I seem to agree. We normally let teams back into the game so i thought it was the same old again but Detroit really were hitting some quick tough/wild shots all game to me pretty much. Jennings had one of his hot games and a lot of guys were hitting a lot of midrange jumpers which is the shot you want guys to take. And we were in the lead by 10 or more for most of the game. The got up 20 with like 5 mins to go and got lazy as usual. But it was more us just thinking the game was over and Detroit hitting some crazy shots than anything else. We still can't let what happened happen. Cause one day it will bite us in the butt and we will lose.
        I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
          Got some really good minutes out of BB tonight. His getting better.
          He really is. He is developing better touch around the rim, his free throw shooting is getting better and the biggest thing is his hands have gotten better over the course of the season already and he is only 22. He's even hitting this 15 footer a lot more often than you would think. So he is clearly working on it. Still don't want him taking it though lol
          I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

Comment

Just watched it and I don't really get the angst. Pistons threw in a few heaves in the last minute or so but the game was never in doubt. Final score flattered Detroit. They got hammered.

I'm not sure why press hasn't picked up this yet, maybe it's just stupid and not so controversial like NFL, but I was just talking about officiating with some of my NBA bettor mates.. seems like the "ref flu" is spreading across the league. NBA's officiating has gotten so bad over the last 3 weeks or so. It's weird. Too many fishy calls everywhere. Refs need to get their shit together!

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
              Got some really good minutes out of BB tonight. His getting better.
              He's confident af!

Comment

Although the low number of assists is still a concern.
                "Stay steamy"

- Kobe

Comment

• Axel wrote: View Post
                  Jennings is going to have a good game off Det's bench.
                  This is why I get paid the big bucks folks
                  Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post
                    Lol. Just got back home from the game. Does that count?

But I was a bit pissed at Demar tonite, despite his final point total and the W. Right from the get-go he had the mindset of getting his. He sucked the life out of the offense whenever he touched the ball. Hope he goes back to sharing the ball again.
                    That is the fear that many of us have come playoff time of DD reverting back to his old self. I love your statement at the bottom. In a 7 game series you either win or lose. There is no other possible outcome .

Comment

• psrs1 wrote: View Post
                      That is the fear that many of us have come playoff time of DD reverting back to his old self. I love your statement at the bottom. In a 7 game series you either win or lose. There is no other possible outcome .
                      Agreed. He needs to prove he can play smart for the rest of the season. I'm not getting too excited about what he's done because he's showing that he can revert back at any time

Comment

• GLF wrote: View Post
                        He really is. He is developing better touch around the rim, his free throw shooting is getting better and the biggest thing is his hands have gotten better over the course of the season already and he is only 22. He's even hitting this 15 footer a lot more often than you would think. So he is clearly working on it. Still don't want him taking it though lol
                        I like him hitting the 15 footer as a last resort, or if he's wide open on a kick out. His FTs are improving too
                        OG is our king

Comment

• One thing I noticed on re-watch was during the start of the second quarter, we had JV in because of Biz due to JV's first quarter foul trouble.

The big difference between the two is that the bench group has such great chemistry with Bismack that just isn't there yet with JV. During the 4th quarter, when Lowry and the bench was in, every time a guy got past one of our perimeter defenders they drove that player into Bismack's lane, creating a contest or a block even after the blow-by. They tried to do the same thing with JV in the second, but he didn't read it the same, and it created buckets.

JV's more than capable of making that play, he just needs to read the perimeter play correctly.
                          twitter.com/anthonysmdoyle

Comment

• Barolt wrote: View Post
                            One thing I noticed on re-watch was during the start of the second quarter, we had JV in because of Biz due to JV's first quarter foul trouble.

The big difference between the two is that the bench group has such great chemistry with Bismack that just isn't there yet with JV. During the 4th quarter, when Lowry and the bench was in, every time a guy got past one of our perimeter defenders they drove that player into Bismack's lane, creating a contest or a block even after the blow-by. They tried to do the same thing with JV in the second, but he didn't read it the same, and it created buckets.

JV's more than capable of making that play, he just needs to read the perimeter play correctly.
                            Lowry/Joseph/Patterson/Ross/JV had a DRTG of 89 this game. They couldn't score, but did very, very well defensively.
                            twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
                              Lowry/Joseph/Patterson/Ross/JV had a DRTG of 89 this game. They couldn't score, but did very, very well defensively.
                              My mistake then, I was seeing things that weren't there. Odd, usually that lineup is good offensively, not defensively.
                              twitter.com/anthonysmdoyle

Comment

• Barolt wrote: View Post
                                My mistake then, I was seeing things that weren't there. Odd, usually that lineup is good offensively, not defensively.
                                Your eyes were playing tricks on you because they gave up lots of bad buckets off of poor shots or turnovers when Lowry was controlling the offence. However when Joseph was in control, our team played great. Basically, Lowry played like complete trash. It's hard to envision him playing worse than he did last night given the way he's been playing this season. It was like, playoff Lowry last year bad.

Comment

Working...
                                X