Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NFL Draft 2010 - UPDATE: Big Ben may be traded tonight?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NFL Draft 2010 - UPDATE: Big Ben may be traded tonight?

Overview: It's tomorrow.

Discuss.

Go Packers!!!

I think the Raiders should upgrade their O-line. Russell is a mobile QB yet he gets sack every 7.45 times he drops back? No one could prosper under those conditions who isn't named Aaron Rodgers.

The Raiders have a crap offense and I think most of the blame is on the guys in the trenches. They can't win more than five games without fixing that. Payton Manning himself couldn't command that offense to success as is.

Speaking of O-lines, I expect upgrades in that area for my Packers. Rodgers had one of the best QB ratings despite having a sack rating of 11 attempts per sack... This is coming from one of the most mobile QBs in the league. Given protections he would be the best QB in the NFL and Ryan Grant would out be wasting guys up the gut.
    Last edited by Apollo; Wed Apr 21, 2010, 10:49 AM.

Comment

This is the first draft I can remember where there aren't too many set sure picks for teams. A lot of teams have issues in a few areas and it seems like it's a pretty deep draft.

I'm a huge Cowboys fan and there should be plenty of choices still on the board at 27, but I'm hoping for S Earl Thomas out of Texas to shore up the back end of the secondary. There's a ton of OL talent out there and they need a LT after releasing Flozell Adams so they might go in that direction as well. Bruce Campbell out of Maryland if he's still there might be an option, the dude is an absolute monster.

You ever been to Lambeau Apollo?

Comment

Most mocks I've seen have Bruce Campbell going in the top ten.

Comment

This is what I mean when I say there are no sure picks anywhere in the draft. Walterfootball.com has him going 8 to the Raiders and Bill Simmons doesn't even have him in his first round. I'd trust Walterfootball.com over Bill Simmons any day, but guys are climbing and falling in all kinds of mocks. Maurkice Pouncey is another guy i've seen as high as 11 and in the second round of others.

Should be an entertaining Thursday and Friday evening!

Comment

Bills Simmons seems to be deviating from the norm if that's the case.

Spiller is a guy that could wind up anywhere, this is for sure.

Comment

unfortunately earl thomas wont be available at number 27 ...bruce campbell should def be there and I have to hold myself back on my raiders dont think this thread has enough room for me lol

Comment

But you never know thats why the draft is soo fun

Comment

Big Ben could get traded tonight

SCP0389, good news headed your way:

The Pittsburgh Steelers have stepped up their efforts to trade two-time Super Bowl-winning quarterback Ben Roethlisberger, but the Oakland Raiders might be the only real option.

The Steelers were rebuffed by the St. Louis Rams over the weekend, but a league source said Wednesday that they also have contacted the Raiders, who need a veteran quarterback and tried to land Donovan McNabb before the Philadelphia Eagles traded him to the Washington Redskins earlier this month.

The Raiders have a history of taking on troubled players such as Roethlisberger, who received a six-game suspension Wednesday for violating the NFL's personal-conduct policy. Also, Roethlisberger's contract isn't hefty and would be easy to absorb in a trade.
                  NFL.com

Comment

Rams looking to deal the #1?

With the trade of defensive tackle Adam Carriker to Washington, St. Louis is putting the word out that the No. 1 selection is still on the market.
                    CBS Sports

Comment

Dez Bryant baby, can't nobody fuck with us now!!

Comment

Winners
                        3. Green Bay: The Packers were in a bad spot with the 23rd pick in the first round. Getting Iowa tackle Bryan Bulaga was huge gift. The way the draft was shaping up, it was not out of the question for four tackles go to in the top nine. The Bills decided pretty early that they weren't going to take Bulaga with the ninth pick in the draft. The surprise was the 49ers selected Anthony Davis, a tackle, and Mike Iupati, a guard, letting Bulaga fall to the Packers. Even if he is only a right tackle for them, Bulaga will help. The Packers have two old tackles: Chad Clifton and Mark Tauscher. Good players fell to the playoff teams. The rich just got richer.
                        ESPN.com

Aaron Rodger is finally is going to get some protection. I expect more to come in the following nights.

Comment

ahahaha thanks for looking out Apollo(glad we didnt pull the trigger for big ben thou cause pitts wasnt willing to include the 18th pick plus we made a real pick this time) im soo pumped whata draft for my RRRRRaiders LOVED IT watched all 3 days didnt miss a pick im a freak I watch senior bowl practices and game, combine and of course bcs season and for it to come together for my team like that for the first time in many years im Jacked Hey Apollo greenbay got bryan bulaga your OL you needed should be a good RT or guard maybe LT surprised he dropped down there but then again 22-24th was full of surprises

oh and I forgot we got a legit QB jason campbell REPRESENT welcome to the BLACK HOLE!!!! WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
                          Last edited by SCP0389; Sun Apr 25, 2010, 05:08 AM.

Comment

I dunno about Jason Campbell man, he's only average at best. Cowboys did well in the draft I think, but I'd say the overall winner this weekend was Seattle. Okung, Earl Thomas and Golden Tate were their first three picks, plus LenDale and Leon Washington in trades!! My buddy is a huge Raiders fan so I'm rooting for you guys too! Bruce Campbell in the 4th seems like a steal to me!

Comment

Mack North you dont understand we have QB whose name I wont mention on our team who if you watched for 3 years would make you regurgitate everytime you see him play, talk after a game or even hear about just having a decent QB again is like you guys having Troy Aikman or Roger Staubach all over again IM SERIOUS its the thing holding us back 11 or more loss seasons 7 years 7 YEARS in a row ROW ahahahha trust me campbell for a 4th 2 years later is a great deal for us ahaha plus redskins play westcoast offence campbell not suited for tht hes a big arm qb who knows maybe he turns it on with us plus all 4 years hes been playing hes improved and had 20 tds with bad bad redskins WRs
                              Last edited by SCP0389; Sun Apr 25, 2010, 06:03 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X