This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Infraction System

I couldn't respond to the announcement so I thought I'd ask here.... will the mods let you know when you've "earned" a point? Via PM or via post? Because sometimes I post something and I never really check back on it, so it would be good to get a PM to know if you're doing something wrong.

Like calling someone a motherbleeping son of a bleep who is in love with bleeping bleep and no one can tell me what to do you're not my bleeping supervisor so down with the mods anarchy forever #Shump2016 #makeRRgreatagain
    Last edited by Scraptor; Fri Feb 12, 2016, 03:21 PM. Reason: couldn't hashtag trump even in jest

Ok, my avatar just became a reality.

Comment

Scraptor wrote: View Post
      I couldn't respond to the announcement so I thought I'd ask here.... will the mods let you know when you've "earned" a point? Via PM or via post? Because sometimes I post something and I never really check back on it, so it would be good to get a PM to know if you're doing something wrong.

Like calling someone a motherbleeping son of a bleep who is in love with bleeping bleep and no one can tell me what to do you're not my bleeping supervisor so down with the mods anarchy forever #Trump2016 #makeRRgreatagain
      You got it. I was hoping to get something up that would make things a bit clearer, but ya, essentially we are looking to create more transparency between Moderators and the Posters. For every infraction given, the User will receive an email, indicating the post that was actioned on, who actioned it, and why. You can also go in and check what your "infraction balance" is, to see how annoying you've been .. or not at all! Haha

Thanks for making this thread Scraptor, this thread can act as a place for people to sound off and post any questions they may have.

But basically, it comes down to Wheatons Law:

Be respectful. Be open minded. Understand we are all here for the same reason.
      Last edited by Joey; Tue Feb 9, 2016, 01:49 PM.

Comment

rocwell wrote: View Post
        Ok, my avatar just became a reality.

Comment

Lol classic

Comment

How the heck did mcHAPPY get banned already lol

Comment

Comment

He'll be back in a week; but in the name of transparency ...

mcHAPPY received an Infraction for telling another poster to "Fuck Off", among other unnecessarily aggressive posts during a recent debate.

Upon receiving the 1-point Infraction, he responded by telling the Moderator to "Fuck off" as well.
                All Mods agreed this was absolutely not an acceptable response; especially considering everyone had been informed that we would be cracking down on the BS.
                Last edited by Joey; Thu Feb 11, 2016, 12:11 PM.

Comment

Joey wrote: View Post

mcHAPPY received an Infraction for telling another poster to "Fuck Off", among other unnecessarily aggressive posts during a recent debate.

Upon receiving the 1-point Infraction, he responded by telling the Moderator to "Fuck off" as well.
                  All Mods agreed this was absolutely not an acceptable response; especially considering everyone had been informed that we would be cracking down on the BS.
                  Well that wasn't very nice of him... Matt is giving out fucks for free these days

Comment

He's always been a trend setter.
                    Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

You got it. I was hoping to get something up that would make things a bit clearer, but ya, essentially we are looking to create more transparency between Moderators and the Posters. For every infraction given, the User will receive an email, indicating the post that was actioned on, who actioned it, and why. You can also go in and check what your "infraction balance" is, to see how annoying you've been .. or not at all! Haha

Thanks for making this thread Scraptor, this thread can act as a place for people to sound off and post any questions they may have.

But basically, it comes down to Wheatons Law:

Be respectful. Be open minded. Understand we are all here for the same reason.
                      I think i deserve Mod status for informing you all about that one. But alas.... I know I won't get it.
                      Axel wrote:
                      Now Cody can stop posting about this guy and we have a poster to blame if anything goes wrong!!
                      KeonClark wrote:
                      We won't hear back from him. He dissapears into thin air and reappears when you least expect it. Ten is an enigma. Ten is a legend. Ten for the motherfucking win.
                      KeonClark wrote:
                      I can't wait until the playoffs start.

Until then, opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one and they most often stink

Comment

Cody73 wrote: View Post
                        I think i deserve Mod status for informing you all about that one. But alas.... I know I won't get it.
                        Yes, but you also never informed us about DeMarre's knees, so I'd say you're even now. Haha

Comment

Yes, but you also never informed us about DeMarre's knees, so I'd say you're even now. Haha
                          You guys are gonna get mad cause I took a gamble and got it right?

I can't help the fact I know the types of players Masai likes.
                          Axel wrote:
                          Now Cody can stop posting about this guy and we have a poster to blame if anything goes wrong!!
                          KeonClark wrote:
                          We won't hear back from him. He dissapears into thin air and reappears when you least expect it. Ten is an enigma. Ten is a legend. Ten for the motherfucking win.
                          KeonClark wrote:
                          I can't wait until the playoffs start.

Until then, opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one and they most often stink

Comment

Sounds reasonable. I thought you had to get to 10 points but I'm guessing there are exceptional circumstances like this one.

Comment

Sounds reasonable. I thought you had to get to 10 points but I'm guessing there are exceptional circumstances like this one.
                              10 points (in 30 days) is for the generic crap you see on a daily basis. An easy way for us to try and cut out the general insults, trolling, etc, while tracking on-going issues for us in an open manner (member wont be suddenly blind-sided not realizing we've been discussing X # of posts from last week).

The infraction system doesn't cover all of the rules from the rules thread and in certain situations we use the old fashion method of discussing it in the mods threads (invisible to the mere mortals ) and acting accordingly.

PS - great thread idea. Good to have the open chat.
                              Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

Working...
                              X