Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I may have missed it but was there a response to post #1?

How are posters made aware about the state of their personal ledger/count? Are they advised after each transgression?

Question: Is sarcasm considered trolling?

Comment

Bendit wrote: View Post
      I may have missed it but was there a response to post #1?

How are posters made aware about the state of their personal ledger/count? Are they advised after each transgression?

Question: Is sarcasm considered trolling?
      PM is generated when Infraction given (with link to the specific post and details of infraction).

On your profile you should be able to track your infractions (if you have any). They expire after 30 days (hence the 10 points in 30 days aspect).

The rulings of trolling and sarcasm haven't really changed. Really it's the process for handling them that has changed rather than the rules themselves. Sarcasm in moderation or good form is perfectly acceptable.
      Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

So where does condescension fall into it?

Is it considered trolling or baiting?

And on reported posts that an individual finds insulting/trolling/baiting/condescending...does it then becoem a single moderators opinion on if it is, or is it decided on by committee?

Comment

Snooch wrote: View Post
          So where does condescension fall into it?

Is it considered trolling or baiting?

And on reported posts that an individual finds insulting/trolling/baiting/condescending...does it then becoem a single moderators opinion on if it is, or is it decided on by committee?
          Speaking in a condescending manner could fall into trolling or baiting; really it's a judgement call.

The moderators have generally agreed upon what constitutes each type of infraction and we do regularly discuss certain trends and tactics that may appear on the site, but at the end of the day, a judgement call would be made.
          Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

Nothing ever comes down to a single moderators opinion. All matters are discussed and agreed upon as a collective.

Comment

Joey wrote: View Post
              Nothing ever comes down to a single moderators opinion. All matters are discussed and agreed upon as a collective.
              #democracy

Comment

Joey wrote: View Post
                He'll be back in a week; but in the name of transparency ...

mcHAPPY received an Infraction for telling another poster to "Fuck Off", among other unnecessarily aggressive posts during a recent debate.

Upon receiving the 1-point Infraction, he responded by telling the Moderator to "Fuck off" as well.
                All Mods agreed this was absolutely not an acceptable response; especially considering everyone had been informed that we would be cracking down on the BS.
                Can "fuck" be replaced with "eff"...would this negate the infraction point?

As in.....

"hey Snooch, why don't you eff off and go eff yourself"

Would this work? or is "eff" also infractable.

I think we need more clarity on what people will consider nasty and mean.

Comment

Axel wrote: View Post
                  PM is generated when Infraction given (with link to the specific post and details of infraction).

On your profile you should be able to track your infractions (if you have any). They expire after 30 days (hence the 10 points in 30 days aspect).

The rulings of trolling and sarcasm haven't really changed. Really it's the process for handling them that has changed rather than the rules themselves. Sarcasm in moderation or good form is perfectly acceptable.
                  "trolling"

Can we have a full page description of this term. I could argue that there are some posters, who just my simply existing, are in fact "trolls". There might even be 2-3 threads that are in themselves, "trolls".

And, even though I know nobody would ever consider it possible, even I might be considered a troll.... but until we know, we don't know.

Comment

Superjudge wrote: View Post

As in.....

Lmnop to you you rotten qrst.

Sent from my LG-D852 using Tapatalk

Comment

"trolling"

Can we have a full page description of this term. I could argue that there are some posters, who just my simply existing, are in fact "trolls". There might even be 2-3 threads that are in themselves, "trolls".

And, even though I know nobody would ever consider it possible, even I might be considered a troll.... but until we know, we don't know.
                      https://www.igfa.org/About/Trolling-...-Position.aspx

Comment

As in.....

Lol But I'll bite ... We're looking foster an environment of respect. Its not necessarily about being "nasty" or "mean" Superjudge. But yes, if you're asking, most of your posts would garner an Infraction ... Haha Kidding of course ...

But really, we're all adults here, ya? For the most part anyway. And the mods would prefer to treat everyone as an adult, but if people can't figure out how to treat their fellow posters in a respectful and appropriate way, then so be it.

No ones saying don't shoot the shit and punch shoulders and all that crap. Go nuts. We get it, people have opinions and disagreements happen. But if you're about to say something that would probably get you punched in the face in real life, lets just lean toward NOT saying it.

This is afterall, NOT RealGM.
                        Last edited by Joey; Wed Feb 17, 2016, 01:56 AM.

Comment

"trolling"

You'll know it when you see it.

Comment

how about posts like these that are allowed to go on...but if a poster retaliates to them, like I have in the past, that poster gets "disciplined" or warned.

Lol lol... Hey look, Snooch still doesn't understand !!! Lol lol
                            This troll !! Hilarious !
                            Lol lol
                            Hey Snooch.... see your own avatar...
                            I could go back through pages and pages of attacks and insults against me...but these are the most recent.....

Comment

I could go back through pages and pages of attacks and insults against me...but these are the most recent.....
                              Come'on Snooch. Stop trying to play the victim here lad.

Comment

Dr. James Naismith wrote: View Post
                                Come'on Snooch. Stop trying to play the victim here lad.
                                Not trying to play a victim, but some of us get slammed relentlessly, and there have been times when a response in kind gets met with "moderation"

This is directly from the announcement./

THE "DO NOT" RULES:

* DO NOT make personal attacks (name calling, hostile remarks, accusations, etc.). In discussion, attack ideas and opinions, not the people who hold them. Note that an attack on your ideas and beliefs are not considered a personal attack under our rules even if you identify so closely with your beliefs and ideas that you personally consider an attack on those beliefs or ideas to be an attack on you.
                                --> simple name calling (hater) - 1 point
                                --> personal attack - 3 points
                                That was a reported post, yet multiple hours later it still stands.

Lends the question what would happen if I posted that in response to someone else....

Comment

Working...
                                X