Bargnani: "I am ready to be the franchise player."

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

RikkJames wrote: View Post
    I dont know man, CB isnt exactly Dikembe Mutombo on defense either and is doesnt take it that hard to the hoop everytime.
    You have a good point there, though I do seem to recall CB4 wagging his finger at ??? Oh yea that was not during a game.
    Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

Memories some so sweet, indeed

Larger Photo of the avatar

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
    Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post
      His heart is in the right place. All we can do is hope that he continues to work hard in the off-season...
      i agree.
      If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

The ironic thing is that if Bosh leaves, Bargs will likely have a better statistical season than Bosh.

Bosh will come in at around 49% FG, 80% FT 21-10, 1 block and not much else and Bargs unless he somehow regresses which shouldn't be ruled out should come in at 47% FG, 79%FT 1.5 3pt, 19 ppg, 8 rbn, 1.5 blk.

By no means am I saying Bargs is better than Bosh or a better building block, but they are both offensive players first and foremost and while Bosh is adequate defensively and Bargs is....I don't think the defensive difference between the two covers the 10 million salary differential.

Comment

By no means am I saying Bargs is better than Bosh or a better building block, but they are both offensive players first and foremost and while Bosh is adequate defensively and Bargs is....I don't think the defensive difference between the two covers the 10 million salary differential.
          Bosh is not adequate defensively. Not one bit. He is every bit as poor on defense as Bargnani is(and in some ways, considerably worse), he just gets more of a pass here because he is efficient offensively and rebounds.

Comment

I think we can all agree he has the potential to be a franchise player
            from a skill standpoint
            i really dont know if he is mentally ready
            i hope he gets his head straight and realizes how good he can be, the team is in his hands if Bosh leaves...

Comment

mo-sales wrote: View Post
              The ironic thing is that if Bosh leaves, Bargs will likely have a better statistical season than Bosh.

Bosh will come in at around 49% FG, 80% FT 21-10, 1 block and not much else and Bargs unless he somehow regresses which shouldn't be ruled out should come in at 47% FG, 79%FT 1.5 3pt, 19 ppg, 8 rbn, 1.5 blk.

Not sure how that Bargnani stat line is better the one you mention for Bosh. Is it because he hits 1.5 3's?? If so I'd still take Bosh's line anyday over Bargnani. I agree the salary differential is way too lopsided though. But if he's gonna get a max deal somewhere else anyways, I think you've gotta try and keep him. I don't trust Bargnani to be the leader/so-called franchise player of this team until he starts to play more consistently and shows a lot more heart. It may not be in his personality to be that way but if he wants to be the franchise, I'm sure most would agree he needs to show more.

Comment

Bargs as franchise = stop watching raptors.

Comment

we can only imagine when Bargnani becomes the Dirk 2.0........

I will laugh at raps fans when Bargnani becomes a "real" franchise player and the fans will dream/imagine the possibilities if Chris Bosh didn't leave..."we could of be a contender" ... similar statement/dream if Tracy and VC would of stay in toronto...

Comment

I was being conservative with Bargs projections, maybe thier not better but again the difference is essentially negligible.

Those should be his numbers even if Bosh stays, maybe not 8 boards a game, but if he improves his 3pt % back up to his 08/09 numbers, takes less of them and does most of his work posting up or facing up in the paint he should raise his FG% up 50.

Realistically Bargs offensive numbers aren't the dilemma, its his heart and desire on the boards and playing defense.

People keep wanting to throw in the towel with the Bosh/Bargs combo. They aren't the problem, the problem is and has always been the guard and wing play. If Derozan can graduate from being a liability on D to serviceable, a Jack, Derozan, Weems, Bosh, Bargs line up would be retain most of the offensive punch while graduating to a middle of the pack defensive unit. Last year they were one of the most efficient defensive lines up at 1.03 ppp and scoring 1.14. There is no reason to believe that with another year under thier belt, those numbers shouldn't readily improve.

Comment

Wow...that's downright laughable. Bargs the franchise player?! He had his chance when Bosh went down this season and what happened...he lived up to his nickname "Il Mago" and disappeared! He doesn't have the attitude and leadership skills to be the franchise player of this team. Do you really want a guy who has a permanent look of confusion/disinterest as the face of our team?!

Comment

It's like a venus fly trap, I feel sorry for the first NBA player to accidentally get his finger caught in Andrea's mouth! Didn't wanna go there but .40 Cal made me...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ymnLp...eature=related

Comment

^I did no such thing. LOL

Comment

Believe it or not, if CB4 decides to leave, we may have no choice but make Andrea the franchise player, depending on how CB4 leaves (with or without S&T). Or you would rather have Hedo? Or Jose?

If there is no S&T, Raptors won't have enough money to get a franchise player as free agent and no enough assets to trade for one. Sometimes is better the devil that you know that the devil that you don't know (i.e. avoid that kind of deal that Phily gave to Elton Brad or Chicago to Ben Wallace or Raptors to Hedo).

As bad as people think Andrea defense is, we have some statistics that actually are quite interesting (remember, there are 30 teams in NBA):

Blocks per game: 14th
                            Rebounds per game: 45th (16th for Centers only)
                            Defensive Rebounds per game: 36th

In the same time, on offensive:

Scoring: 36th ( 5th for Centers only)

All he has to do is to develop his game to not depend on CB4 getting most the attention, improve his post up skills. Maybe with increase responsibilities, he will step up big way and play more consistent not only from game to game, but thru the game, quarter 1 to 4.
                            It is good to see him accepting bigger responsibilities and I expect him to work hard over the summer to develop what it takes to carry on these responsibilities. If he won't play for Italy and attend a training camp for bigs, we never know how is going to play out

Comment

insight_tor wrote: View Post
                              As bad as people think Andrea defense is, we have some statistics that actually are quite interesting (remember, there are 30 teams in NBA):

Blocks per game: 14th
                              Rebounds per game: 45th (16th for Centers only)
                              Defensive Rebounds per game: 36th

In the same time, on offensive:

Scoring: 36th ( 5th for Centers only)
                              Thanks for taking the time to gather the stats.

Been saying all year that Bargnani's rebounding this year isn't horrible. He gets his defensive board, he just doesn't get the opportunities on offense because he's parked on the perimeter.

Comment

Jesus H Christ!!! Im gone for a week, Bargs wants to be a Franchise player and Raps partied all year . Will the gongshow ever end ?
                                "Hello, Hello !.....You Play to Win the GAME!!"

Herm Edwards

Comment

Working...
                                X