Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bargnani: "I am ready to be the franchise player."

Oh lord ... help us all.

In an interview released at Il Corriere dello Sport, Andrea Bargnani talked about the season of Toronto, the future of the franchise with or without Chris Bosh and his presence in the summer with Italian NT.

"We are disappointed and I never thought that after 82 games the season would have been decided in the last game. We had too many ups and downs, especially after the All-Star break" said 'Il Mago' who spoke also about the situation of his ankle.

"There is a bone spur which makes me problems. We are considering the possibility of surgery but I hope to avoid it" added Bargnani.

The Italian big man talked on the future of Raptors who risk to lose Chris Bosh.

"If Chris will leave I am ready to be the franchise player: I was never scared by responsibilities".

Former Benetton Treviso player finished speaking about the Italian NT:

"I really want to play for Italy but after the season with Raptors and the camps, I can't play two months in the summer with Italy. My body doesn't hold the effort. We must find a solution good for Italy, Raptors and me" said Bargnani.
    Source - Click here

His heart is in the right place. All we can do is hope that he continues to work hard in the off-season...

Comment

Guys, I just want to say that me, Arsenalist, is ready to be a franchise player.

That doesn't mean I'm capable of being a franchise player.

Comment

I like your heart kid, you'll go far.

Comment

If wishing only made it so ....
          nbaroundtable

Comment

It may be awfully simplistic but it seems to me that when an Italian athlete does well no matter where they play it is good for Italy.
            Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

Memories some so sweet, indeed

Larger Photo of the avatar

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
            Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Comment

Arsenalist wrote: View Post
              Guys, I just want to say that me, Arsenalist, is ready to be a franchise player.

That doesn't mean I'm capable of being a franchise player.
              You may not be the franchise player but you are for sure the Raptors franchise blogger

Don't let it go to your head. LOL
              Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
              Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Comment

i just threw up everywhere from reading that

Comment

spacejam wrote: View Post
                  i just threw up everywhere from reading that
                  For the record could you clarify which noun the word "that" is referring to in your comment

We need to be absolutely clear on this, just for the record, you understand

Comment

Bahaha you're just worried it was directed at you because you were the last to post prior to the puke statement.

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post
                      Bahaha you're just worried it was directed at you because you were the last to post prior to the puke statement.

Comment

That would be a can't miss matchup if it were to happen, CB4 coming back to Toronto and Il Mago getting the assignment. CB with his array of post moves vs the shooting and driving Barg's. Thinking about it, I dont think it'd be as much of a mismatch as some might think. CB's handle and latteral moves isnt as quick, and his jumper would need to be on to be effective. I would almost give the edge to Barg's 1 on 1.....if he's ready to play that is....what do u guys think? who wins that matchup.

Comment

RikkJames wrote: View Post
                          That would be a can't miss matchup if it were to happen, CB4 coming back to Toronto and Il Mago getting the assignment. CB with his array of post moves vs the shooting and driving Barg's. Thinking about it, I dont think it'd be as much of a mismatch as some might think. CB's handle and latteral moves isnt as quick, and his jumper would need to be on to be effective. I would almost give the edge to Barg's 1 on 1.....if he's ready to play that is....what do u guys think? who wins that matchup.
                          For Bargnani to have a chance to stop CB4, Bargnani would have to foul at a rate that makes Johnson look like a never commit a foul player.

Comment

haha that throwing up was directed at bargnani as a franchise player not your post

Comment

Buddahfan wrote: View Post
                              For Bargnani to have a chance to stop CB4, Bargnani would have to foul at a rate that makes Johnson look like a never commit a foul player.
                              I dont know man, CB isnt exactly Dikembe Mutombo on defense either and is doesnt take it that hard to the hoop everytime.

Comment

Working...
                              X