1st round PLAYOFF MATCHUPS - desired and worst matchups for the raps

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just Is wrote: View Post
    We were the favourite in our last two Playoff matches. We have one of the BEST home court advantages in the league. We lost both times as the favourite and with home court advantage.
    That's been a detriment the past couple post-seasons. They haven't done well with expectations. But hey, third times a charm. You can only hope they've learned from it and will be able to focus and raise their level of play when necessary.
    Two beer away from being two beers away.

Comment

A Washington matchup might be exactly what the doctor ordered. I can see the guys being hyper-focused/motivated to avenge last season's disaster.

Comment

Nilanka wrote: View Post
        I'm hoping for a Pistons matchup. Home court advantage the entire series
        The easiest first round match would be Detroit. They got rid of two Raptor killers in one day. And JV seems to always out play Drummond.

Comment

A Washington matchup might be exactly what the doctor ordered. I can see the guys being hyper-focused/motivated to avenge last season's disaster.
          But if Morris starts lighting up Scola again.... oh no

Comment

I don't really care who we get in the first round. Excuse time is over.

If we somehow end up against Cleveland in the first round and lose, I'm still going to want Casey's head.
            twitter.com/anthonysmdoyle

Comment

tDotted wrote: View Post
              But if Morris starts lighting up Scola again.... oh no
              That's on Casey to make the adjustment. Either move PP to the starting unit, or rely on JJ more.

Comment

After the allstar break, with the end of the season now in sight, I'm wondering what matchups you think might give us troubles? and which would be the preferred matchup to get the momentum going and to move past that first round finally.
                Cavs and Bulls (only if Butler is healthy) are the only teams that should be of any concern. There will also be one team that will go on the big post all-star break run, so that team will be dangerous (whichever team it is).

There isn't a first round matchup that concerns me other than a Bulls team that squeaks in due to injuries and then gets Butler back in time for the playoffs. That would be unfortunate.

The fact that posters are so concerned about mediocre to below average teams like Charlotte, WSH, Detroit, Indy says less about those teams and the Raps and more about how badly last postseason affected the psyche of Raps fans.

Comment

slaw wrote: View Post
                  The fact that posters are so concerned about mediocre to below average teams like Charlotte, WSH, Detroit, Indy says less about those teams and the Raps and more about how badly last postseason affected the psyche of Raps fans.
                  Perfectly understandable concern. I've never seen a team so ill-prepared for a playoff series before. Our inability to make any adjustments whatsoever, vs. a coach who is widely regarded as one of the worst in the league (Whittman), was nothing short of jaw-dropping.

Edit: Vs. a lower seed who we dominated during the season.
                  Last edited by Nilanka; Fri Feb 19, 2016, 11:48 AM.

Comment

Perfectly understandable concern. I've never seen a team so ill-prepared for a playoff series before. Our inability to make any adjustments whatsoever, vs. a coach who is widely regarded as one of the worst in the league (Whittman), was nothing short of jaw-dropping.

Edit: Vs. a lower seed who we dominated during the season.
                    don't forget our inability to give effort against inferior teams as well, that is an even bigger issue.

Comment

That's on Casey to make the adjustment. Either move PP to the starting unit, or rely on JJ more.
                      /pink

Comment

Take on all comers. They should be scared of us. That's got to be the mentality. Even better if you take the toughest route to the finals, then there can be no question that you won it legitimately. People still question if GSW won it fair and square last year.

Comment

I don't have any confidence in the playoffs if our coach refuses to make adjustments like last year.
                          "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

slaw wrote: View Post
                            This is an awfully smug statement given that Washington swept us, and has swapped out Pierce and Gooden for Dudley and Morris. They've been absolutely decimated by injuries and are far better than their record suggests. https://www.mangameslost.com/category/nba/

Indiana is also no easy out. The emergence of Myles Turner spells a real problem for Luis Scola. George Hill is a tough defender and Frank Vogel is very crafty.

Charlotte is mediocre/below-average and Detroit is very young, but that posters could be so cavalier about our chances after losing twice consecutively to lower seeds suggests that if enough time passes fans can forget about losses or make excuses for why we lost in the first place.

Comment

Scraptor wrote: View Post
                              This is an awfully smug statement given that Washington swept us, and has swapped out Pierce and Gooden for Dudley and Morris. They've been absolutely decimated by injuries and are far better than their record suggests. https://www.mangameslost.com/category/nba/

Indiana is also no easy out. The emergence of Myles Turner spells a real problem for Luis Scola. George Hill is a tough defender and Frank Vogel is very crafty.

Charlotte is mediocre/below-average and Detroit is very young, but that posters could be so cavalier about our chances after losing twice consecutively to lower seeds suggests that if enough time passes fans can forget about losses or make excuses for why we lost in the first place.
                              So some teams have improved and the Raptors are exactly the same...right?

Man, the uniforms aren't even the same as last year, let alone the 4 new rotations players that wear them.

I get that Casey is to blame for the emotional scar tissue that a lot of people are dealing with here, but if you can look past that it's not quite as bleak as you're making it out to be.
                              Two beer away from being two beers away.

Comment

Mess wrote: View Post
                                So some teams have improved and the Raptors are exactly the same...right?

Man, the uniforms aren't even the same as last year, let alone the 4 new rotations players that wear them.

I get that Casey is to blame for the emotional scar tissue that a lot of people are dealing with here, but if you can look past that it's not quite as bleak as you're making it out to be.
                                I'm hugely optimistic about our roster, but I do feel like we lose the coaching battle to absolutely everyone in the Eastern Conference.
                                twitter.com/anthonysmdoyle

Comment

Working...
                                X