Are you aware of Ransomware?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are you aware of Ransomware?

Saw this chilling piece on the news. Has anyone heard of this phenomena "Ransomware" or had any experience with it?

http://www.pbs.org/video/2365469522/

Bendit wrote: View Post
    Saw this chilling piece on the news. Has anyone heard of this phenomena "Ransomware" or had any experience with it?

http://www.pbs.org/video/2365469522/
    Read about a Hospital that got taken "hostage" and they ended up paying after a week or so of using paper documents and faxing, because they couldn't figure out a better, safer way to ensure their stuff is secure .. just goes to show how important good cyber security is. Pretty scary stuff.

Comment

Joey wrote: View Post
      Read about a Hospital that got taken "hostage" and they ended up paying after a week or so of using paper documents and faxing, because they couldn't figure out a better, safer way to ensure their stuff is secure .. just goes to show how important good cyber security is. Pretty scary stuff.
      Yep. Wonder if there are any inexpensive cloud based options for backup. I can only see a solution of reinstalling the o/s and recovering data from an external backup (which isn't connected). Shall have to put this on the front burner

Comment

It makes you wonder about the "internet of things"......

Not Ransomware but our company had a safety check done on our system last year and it took two guys all of about 10 minutes to access our computers, get into our databases and have access to everything. It was shocking how vulnerable we were and probably still are.

Comment

I just renewed Bitdefender to Bitdefender Family Pack 2016. It's currently half price($60CAD) and they claim they're the first company to offer Randsomeware Protection as part of their package.

Best way to safeguard against attacks would be to pony up for good protection, be careful which sites you visit and power down at night. I'm no expert, don't get me wrong. Randsomeware is a pretty scary development however...
          Last edited by Apollo; Mon Mar 14, 2016, 01:51 PM. Reason: Was getting off topic a little.

Comment

Working...
          X