Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 40 before 20

We are now 40-19

I think it was either Shaq or Chuck who said this a few years ago (plz correct me if i'm wrong)
    but if you win 40 before losing 20, You are considered a Contender in the NBA
    Abbas wrote:

First of all i was my own source

Abbas wrote: View Post
    We are now 40-19

I think it was either Shaq or Chuck who said this a few years ago (plz correct me if i'm wrong)
    but if you win 40 before losing 20, You are considered a Contender in the NBA
    http://forums.realgm.com/boards/view...f=32&t=1430246

correction - It was PHil Jackson who said that
    Abbas wrote:

First of all i was my own source

Comment

Yup.

Comment

WE'RE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP BABY!!!l!!
        The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

007 wrote: View Post
          WE'RE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP BABY!!!l!!
          Then you remember golden state getting 60 before 6
          9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

hahahahahaha

Comment

KeonClark wrote: View Post
              Then you remember golden state getting 60 before 6
              LOL. GSW making PJax look like an NBA relic, yet again.

Comment

golden wrote: View Post
                Yes the W may beat the Bulls record still a nice milestone for the Raps I do like Lowrys statement of playoff sucess is what is his focus is as the leader hopefully his teammates follow that ideal
                Last edited by rightsideup; Thu Mar 3, 2016, 03:57 AM.

Comment

Contender is not the same thing as championship favourite, just means you're in the convo.

Comment

SkywalkerAC wrote: View Post
                    Contender is not the same thing as championship favourite, just means you're in the convo.
                    When someone says contender, I think a team capable of making it to the Conference Finals, which I'd say the Raptors are.

Comment

A.I wrote: View Post
                      When someone says contender, I think a team capable of making it to the Conference Finals, which I'd say the Raptors are.
                      Anything less than conference finals would be under-performing really. If you lose to the Cavs oh well, but there's no excuse for not beating any of the other 6 playoff teams in the east. Imo if we don't go to the conference finals, Casey needs to go (I'd argue he needs to go anyway, but you can't really justify firing a coach that gets you that deep when you've never been anywhere close before).

But just winning one series with this roster isn't good enough imo.

Comment

golden wrote: View Post

Comment

Comment

JWash wrote: View Post
                            Anything less than conference finals would be under-performing really. If you lose to the Cavs oh well, but there's no excuse for not beating any of the other 6 playoff teams in the east. Imo if we don't go to the conference finals, Casey needs to go (I'd argue he needs to go anyway, but you can't really justify firing a coach that gets you that deep when you've never been anywhere close before).

But just winning one series with this roster isn't good enough imo.
                            Which makes it really funny that posters are obsessing about who we should play in the 1st round. Contenders don't give a crap who they play...other than they'd want a short flight.

Comment

A.I wrote: View Post
                              This is my definition of a "contender" too. A final four team.

Comment

Working...
                              X