• Time
  • Show
Clear All

https://www.instagram.com/p/BCd9KMko...by=mcneill_nba

Raptors: Stretch 4 whisperers
    Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

http://www.sportsnet.ca/basketball/n...-with-raptors/

Thompson says he’s had the three-point shot in his arsenal for years but was never asked to employ it in previous offences. When he arrived in Toronto he showed the Raptors coaching staff that he could shoot it and they told him that if he was open beyond the line he had the green light to let fly.

“I work on it—I just haven’t gotten the opportunity to show it off in front of everybody,” Thompsons said. “Over my eight years in the league I’ve had 11 coaches. And it never fit any of their systems.”
      Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

I like JT's game, looks like a player that hopefully the Raptors can keep for next season and beyond.

Comment

Kudos to the coaching staff for giving him confidence to take those shots.
          @Chr1st1anL

Comment

If JT can hit 3's at a decent percentage...what a find by MU, which seems to be the trend with him.

Comment

Really pleased with what we saw out of JT last night. Little bit rusty, but all in all, a good showing. Lots of energy, which is huge for that starting lineup.

Comment

Very impressive start for JT. He runs the floor so well. For being on the team for such a short period of time he did pretty well. By playoffs he could be valuable.

Comment

Lowry/Powell/DeMar/Scola/JV: -4.8 Net Rating, 16.4 Assist Ratio

Lowry/Powell/DeMar/Thompson/JV: 4.7 Net Rating, 21.4 Assist Ratio

#TheJThompsonEffect

Comment

tDotted wrote: View Post
                    Lowry/Powell/DeMar/Scola/JV: -4.8 Net Rating, 16.4 Assist Ratio

Lowry/Powell/DeMar/Thompson/JV: 4.7 Net Rating, 21.4 Assist Ratio

#TheJThompsonEffect
                    Sample size and opposition quality obligatory qualifications.
                    twitter.com/anthonysmdoyle

Comment

One game fellas
                      @Chr1st1anL

Comment

Barolt wrote: View Post
                        Sample size and opposition quality obligatory qualifications.
                        The lineup has already played almost 30% of the Scola lineups total minutes in just one game. By next game, that could very likely jump to 60%. I'm happy with my small sample size thank you very much.

Comment

tDotted wrote: View Post
                          The lineup has already played almost 30% of the Scola lineups total minutes in just one game. By next game, that could very likely jump to 60%. I'm happy with my small sample size thank you very much.
                          So, you're saying BOTH are small samples. Indeed.

Still, totally on board with the JT effect. Even in that mess of a game he seemed much more watchable than Scola.
                          twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Hopefully he keeps bringing that effort consistently, and last night wasn't just a case of "I'm starting tonight so I want to look good". It was refreshing to see him in the starting lineup. Also helps that he probably has fresher legs than the other guys who have been playing more minutes throughout the season
                            OG is our king

Comment

Yup, echoing sentiments, I liked what I saw out of Thompson too. He looked much more engaged (and capable) on the defensive end....and the 3pt range is just gravy.

Hope it wasn't just a 1-time experiment on Casey's behalf (to rest Scola), and that Thompson gets consistent minutes going forward.

Comment

Nilanka wrote: View Post
                                Yup, echoing sentiments, I liked what I saw out of Thompson too. He looked much more engaged (and capable) on the defensive end....and the 3pt range is just gravy.

Hope it wasn't just a 1-time experiment on Casey's behalf (to rest Scola), and that Thompson gets consistent minutes going forward.
                                I don't see Casey putting him in there over Scola but there are 5 back-to-backs left and 20 games in the next 30-odd days, so I wouldn't be surprised to see him getting a bunch of starts and playing big minutes in those while not seeing much action otherwise. I do think the playoffs will be a different story cause they will be desperate and if anything goes askance all bets are off....

As for his play, he's a solid PF in the NBA. He can play. No one should be surprised. He would definitely crack this rotation but for the circumstances.

Comment

Working...
                                X