Game 61 - Houston Rockets 113 - Toronto Raptors 107

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GLF wrote: View Post
    And I think 2 months is a pretty good sample size. I'm not completely given up on their ability to get their defense back together but I'm not holding my breath after last season. Also they would need to do it for a long period of time. Playing good defense against a crappy team like Brooklyn and then going right back to bad defense the next game won't cut it.
    2 months IS a pretty good sample size. But it's not like they've been consistently 20th for 2 months. They average out to 20th because they were 9th in defence in January and 24th in February, and have been real bad in three games in March. Keep in mind February was a short month too, with only 11 games played.
    twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
      2 months IS a pretty good sample size. But it's not like they've been consistently 20th for 2 months. They average out to 20th because they were 9th in defence in January and 24th in February, and have been real bad in three games in March. Keep in mind February was a short month too, with only 11 games played.
      This is true. Well we shall see what happens. If they get it together they have a very good chance going into the playoffs and if they don't they lose unless Kyle goes bat shit crazy. It's honestly as simple as that. I find guys around here worry a lot more about our offense and who is and isn't getting enough touches. Trust me we can give Jonas all the touches in the world but if we consistently come down the other end and give up wide open three after wide open 3 it means nothing.
      I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

Comment

• GLF wrote: View Post
        This is true. Well we shall see what happens. If they get it together they have a very good chance going into the playoffs and if they don't they lose unless Kyle goes bat shit crazy. It's honestly as simple as that. I find guys around here worry a lot more about our offense and who is and isn't getting enough touches. Trust me we can give Jonas all the touches in the world but if we consistently come down the other end and give up wide open three after wide open 3 it means nothing.
        I'm one of those people that complain about the touches, but this is true.

Comment

• A.I wrote: View Post
          I'm one of those people that complain about the touches, but this is true.
          And don't get me wrong I get it. Jonas should be getting more touches but offense is not our problem and that is where I agree with Casey. Defense is the problem. Defense is what wins in the playoffs and if you're playing none of it you will get swept. Yes we need to move the ball more, yes Jonas needs more touches yes Demar and Kyle have to stop being so one on one down the stretch of games, but if they fixed all of these things and gave up 3's and easy dunks in the pick and roll consistently like we did last game trust me we still lose. Y'all need to stop worrying about specific individual players and start worrying about the team as a whole. When things are going wrong it not just because of one guy. It's everyone. This is a team sport and five guys are on the floor at the same time. If they are ALL not working together it's over. Demar alone isn't the reason our defense is bad and Demarre alone won't fix it. EVERYONE is accountable and EVERYONE has to work to get it back together because from what I'm seeing everyone is playing shit defense. You win as a team and you lose as a team simple as that. No finger pointing. Especially since our defense was bad when Demar was on the bench. The bench unit with Kyle has not been playing good D at all. So how can Demar be the only problem? Please tell me.
          I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

Comment

• What if using JV more on offense will alleviate some of the pressure from Lowry and DD, so they have more energy for defense??

Also, a balanced offense is always good for a team. When everyone is getting consistent touches they are more likely to play harder on defense. Just a general observation

Comment

• OldSkoolCool wrote: View Post
              What if using JV more on offense will alleviate some of the pressure from Lowry and DD, so they have more energy for defense??

Also, a balanced offense is always good for a team. When everyone is getting consistent touches they are more likely to play harder on defense. Just a general observation
              DD can have all the energy he wants on defense, it really won't make him better, he is what he is.

Comment

Working...
              X