Christian Wood - PF

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

white men can't jump wrote: View Post
    Makes you wonder if they cared to give him good medical advice and watch his rehab properly. ACL tears aren't the career-enders they used to be, but it takes most guys well over a year to fully recover, often more like 18-24 months to feel how you did pre-injury.

They gave this kid less than a year...and waived him to sign a rental in a doomed season. If their goal is to tank, a guy playing not 100% can only help that. And if their goal is to help their franchise's reputation among players/prospects, cutting young guys on their contract year after a knee injury is a sure way to avoid that.
    Couldn't agree more.

Comment

Need to revise this thread, as Wood is blowing up in Summer League. Talent-wise, he is exactly what the Raptors need at PF. I believe he's still a free agent. He's going to get a deal from somebody, I'm sure.

Liked him at the draft 2 years ago, and I like him even more now.

Comment

golden wrote: View Post
        Need to revise this thread, as Wood is blowing up in Summer League. Talent-wise, he is exactly what the Raptors need at PF. I believe he's still a free agent. He's going to get a deal from somebody, I'm sure.

I'd very much like to second this sentiment.
        "My biggest concern as a coach is to not confuse winning with progress." - Steve Kerr
        "If it's unacceptable in defeat, it's unacceptable in victory." - Jeff Van Gundy

Comment

The sixers argument doesn't hold bc they just have too many forwards already under contract. Even holmes will struggle for mins and I think he's good enough to be a 2nd unit.
          The knock on wood at the draft was his weight, body fat and maturity. However, he played very well in the dleague last year. I'm still not convinced he has the strength to play in the NBA. I am impressed how he rebounded from the draft. It was like as if deyonta Davis fell outta both rounds. Not quite as severe but really hard to watch.

Comment

golden wrote: View Post

Considering all the fans of Wood here (havent seen him myself)...is he better that Siakam? He would be a project duplicating Siakam's talents and position.. wouldnt he?

Comment

Bendit wrote: View Post
              Considering all the fans of Wood here (havent seen him myself)...is he better that Siakam? He would be a project duplicating Siakam's talents and position.. wouldnt he?
              Completely different players. Wood is like a stick version of Channing Frye. I've seen more of wood. Only seen siakam play part of game 1.

Comment

Wood has signed a 2 year deal with Charlotte

Comment

Working...
                X