• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Game 62: Brooklyn Nets 99 -Toronto Raptors 104

No one stepped up and I'm on mobile so here goes:

@

Projected Starters:

Preview per AP:

For the first time in two months, the Toronto Raptors are coming off a loss at home.

The last time they were in that situation, they responded with a victory over the Brooklyn Nets that started the longest home winning streak in franchise history.

At the midpoint of a seven-game homestand, the Raptors again look to bounce back with a victory over the Nets when they meet Tuesday night.

It appeared Toronto (41-20) would have little trouble extending its home winning streak to 13 on Sunday, leading a Houston team playing the second of a back-to-back by 18 midway through the second quarter. The Raptors, though, had no answer for James Harden after halftime, as he scored 30 of his 40 points in the final 24 minutes to lead the Rockets to a 113-107 win.

Toronto coach Dwane Casey wasn't surprised by the inability to protect a big lead after watching his team blow almost all of a 14-point fourth-quarter advantage in Friday's 117-115 victory over Portland.

"That's been our weakness all year," Casey said. "I've said that millions of times. We've luckily won some of those games, but I've always said it's going to come back and bite us. We have to keep the same intensity when we get leads, the same quality of possessions offensively."

Defense was the biggest problem Sunday, however, as the Rockets shot 58.3 percent and made nine of 16 3-pointers in the second half. Houston had 62 second-half points - the third time in four games an opponent reached that number.

Toronto is routinely getting burned from beyond the arc, allowing each of its last five opponents to make at least 10 3-pointers while shooting 44.6 percent.

"It's the kind of thing that has been occurring too much for us," point guard Kyle Lowry said. "We have to get better defensively. We are giving up 100 points like it's nothing."

Comment

Comment

I'm happy we're playing a bottom feeder. Hopefully we regain some defensive confidence. And on a personal level, I need to wash the bitterness out after Sundays game
        9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

Nilanka wrote: View Post
          That shirt would be so much better if Brooklyn themselves didn't agree.
          "My biggest concern as a coach is to not confuse winning with progress." - Steve Kerr
          "If it's unacceptable in defeat, it's unacceptable in victory." - Jeff Van Gundy

Comment

I have no idea what it will take for the defense to fix itself. It's always been a problem for the past few years.
            OG is our king

Comment

consmap wrote: View Post
              I have no idea what it will take for the defense to fix itself. It's always been a problem for the past few years.
              Right every year except for the year we faced Brooklyn it found a way to start falling off or it was just never there. So annoying.
              I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

Comment

consmap wrote: View Post
                Nothing like a little competition for minutes might help. Raps have been using a 9 man rotation for a loooong time now.

Powell who plays hard and plays good defense should be able to challenge JJ and Ross for some minutes if Casey wants to make a point. It starts with Powell and with the eventual return of Carroll he will put pressure on others (again Ross and JJ and perhaps Scola and PPat) who might see their minutes decrease if they don't consistently play defense.

I know the finger will get pointed at DD but after 3 years of it.. he is not going to have his minutes cut when he doesn't give more on the defensive end. Its not a democracy ... and all players are not treated the same.

EDIT : Oh yeah... we right the ship tonight and post a win.
                Last edited by Demographic Shift; Tue Mar 8, 2016, 02:52 PM.
                There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
                - TGO

Comment

Demographic Shift wrote: View Post
                  Nothing like a little competition for minutes might help. Raps have been using a 9 man rotation for a loooong time now.

Powell who plays hard and plays good defense should be able to challenge JJ and Ross for some minutes if Casey wants to make a point. It starts with Powell and with the eventual return of Carroll he will put pressure on others (again Ross and JJ and perhaps Scola and PPat) who might see their minutes decrease if they don't consistently play defense.
                  Not a single mention of our untouchable turnstile? Heaven forbid he sat a few minutes longer than usual to send a message about all in effort.

We just played a team with zero accountability for "one way" shooting guard. And look much of a mess their season is.

Comment

KeonClark wrote: View Post
                    Not a single mention of our untouchable turnstile? Heaven forbid he sat a few minutes longer than usual to send a message about all in effort.

We just played a team with zero accountability for "one way" shooting guard. And look much of a mess their season is.
                    I added with an edit. For sure he can play better but I don't see any circumstance where his minutes get cut ...
                    Rule number 1. Nothing in life is fair.
                    Regardless of how good your arguement is and the facts are... see rule number 1.
                    - TGO

Comment

Comment

Scraptor wrote: View Post

Its the only currency a coach has. Playing time.

However saying it is a whole bunch easier than actually acting on it....

The guys who will get sat.. aren't going to be the guys that the bulk of the members of the Republic want sat....
                        - TGO

Comment

Scraptor wrote: View Post

I'll believe it when I see it, Josh.

Comment

Demographic Shift wrote: View Post
                            Its the only currency a coach has. Playing time.

However saying it is a whole bunch easier than actually acting on it....

The guys who will get sat.. aren't going to be the guys that the bulk of the members of the Republic want sat....
                            So what's the point in sitting the wrong players?
                            "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

MACK11 wrote: View Post
                              So what's the point in sitting the wrong players?
                              Look like you're doing something. Look like you're actually a tough coach.

That james johnson is finally gonna get some bench time! Good on ya dwane it's about time darn tootin

Comment

Working...
                              X