Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What's your favorite Raptor/NBA Podcast?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's your favorite Raptor/NBA Podcast?

As we get down to the playoffs and, as well documented in another post, other sports still dominate the airwaves, what do you listen to instead? With all due respect to this fine site and the podcasts found within, what other ones are the best. There's the general "The Starters" and "The JJ Reddick" pods but there's also a lot of local reporters too. List away.

I'm a fan of Bill Simmons so would listen to his stuff when I get a chance. Really enjoy Zach Lowe's podcasts too. He gets great guests (the Thibs podcast was pretty cool).

Comment

CBS' Eye on Basketball is a solid podcast too.
      twitter.com/anthonysmdoyle

Comment

Pfft .... end of discussion: http://www.raptorsrepublic.com/category/podcast/

Comment

planetmars wrote: View Post
          I'm a fan of Bill Simmons so would listen to his stuff when I get a chance. Really enjoy Zach Lowe's podcasts too. He gets great guests (the Thibs podcast was pretty cool).
          Simmons really fluctuates on the quality of his guests. It's too bad he can't get Lowe anymore.
          twitter.com/anthonysmdoyle

Comment

Barolt wrote: View Post
            Simmons really fluctuates on the quality of his guests. It's too bad he can't get Lowe anymore.
            Once Lowe's contract is up with ESPN I can see him moving back. But on the other hand Lowe's contacts may dry up and he may prefer to stay.

Just been reading/listening to Bills' stuff for a long time. His Celtic fandom is a bit much sometimes, but it also makes him a lot more relatable as he's just a sports fan at heart.

Comment

Bill Simmons podcast is good, I also like Jalen and Jacoby, Lowe Post, and The Vertacle. If I want all Raptors I listen to Hoops 590, but it's only on Thursday's.

It's hard to find a good Raptors podcast with good audio quality and polish. I'm sure the RR guys will get there at some point. I just find it hard to listen to at the moment.

Comment

planetmars wrote: View Post
                NBA Lockdown and Bill Simmons are two of my favorites ... It is a shame that Lowe and Bill can't work together cause they were a great team ..

Comment

Www.jalenandjacoby.com
                  2006-07 NBA Coach of the Year

Comment

For local stuff, The Post Up was great while it lasted...

Comment

The Lowe Post is a great place to start. The Vertical ones are pretty good too, Woj, Mannix and JJ. I've been a big fan of TBJ (Starters) but mainly now it's just for the Drops these days since I don't have as much time.

Dunc'd On Basketball Podcast is pretty good. They go pretty in-depth and put out a ton of them.

Simmons is entertaining but I'm getting sick of his buddy House these days. He's a few steps down from Bill's other regular guests, both in knowledge and entertainment level. At least Cousin Sal is funny.
                      Two beer away from being two beers away.

Comment

Wow no mention of First take

Comment

For NBA I find Lowe is very insightful and unbiased. Bill turns every conversation into a Boston conversation. I understand cause I kind of do that with the raptors but he is over the top. Obviously I love the podcasts here especially the ones with PhD Steve. Blake Murphy is alright but my favorite on the website is actually the one with... the guys with the elephant... where is the elephant by the way.

Jalen and Jacoby is good but its no longer a "basketball" podcast although that is the main thing. Additionally, it isn't as good as it was when it was under the Grantland umbrella. They don't even post video podcasts anymore in full.

Comment

Nobody mentioned the Vantage Sports podcasts.

Not a big podcast fan - I'd rather read than listen, but these are stat trackers with some interesting observations.

Most recent one is ranking tiers of centres.

http://www1.vantagesports.com/Articl...k_6tmV/Article
                            If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

Working...
                            X