Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do you watch a Raptors game on your tablet ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ball4life wrote: View Post
    I use Kodi. I have sports devil add on but their links are so not reliable and shit quality. Do you know any other add on for ball games?
    SportsDevil is hit and miss because it doesn't update automatically. Need to manually update every time, which gets annoying.

Castaway is a newer version of SportsDevil, which updates automatically. I find it a bit more reliable than SportsDevil.

But the best by far is ProSport. It scrapes all the Reddit links for NHL, NBA, NFL and MLB games. The most reliable of the 3.

Comment

NBA LP is worth it for me (online only, no satellite/cable). Love the full slate of games & archived games. Go back and watch previous years' playoffs sometimes. Blackouts a bit of a nuisance, but I'd rather watch the game later in the evening anyway - young kids. The HD stream is solid on archive (seems to run better than live) and they edit out all the commercial breaks and halftime for you.
      "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

S.R. wrote: View Post
        NBA LP is worth it for me (online only, no satellite/cable). Love the full slate of games & archived games. Go back and watch previous years' playoffs sometimes. Blackouts a bit of a nuisance, but I'd rather watch the game later in the evening anyway - young kids. The HD stream is solid on archive (seems to run better than live) and they edit out all the commercial breaks and halftime for you.
        What is the minimum delay required to avoid blackouts? 5 mins? 1 hour? 3 hours?

Comment

Nilanka wrote: View Post
          My experience? 5 minutes to half an hour at most, varies depending on how quick some tech throws the switch, I assume. Usually much closer to 5 minutes than 30.
          twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

DanH wrote: View Post
            My experience? 5 minutes to half an hour at most, varies depending on how quick some tech throws the switch, I assume. Usually much closer to 5 minutes than 30.
            That's 5 minutes after the game ends.
            twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Nilanka wrote: View Post
              Last year it was within a couple minutes at the end of a game. Earlier this season I had to wait 20+ minutes a couple of times, but I got into a routine of firing it up maybe an hour after the game so I don't even know if the longer delay was a temporary thing (working out glitches to start the season?) or permanent.

If you wait 30-60 minutes the game beaks are edited out for you - I plug my laptop into my TV and would rather not get off the couch, lol.

I'm also out west so the later evening works for me.

Blackouts during the playoffs are the real killer. Have to go another route to watch live then.

Edit: DanH beat me to it.

Comment

That's 5 minutes after the game ends.
                S.R. wrote: View Post
                Last year it was within a couple minutes at the end of a game. Earlier this season I had to wait 20+ minutes a couple of times, but I got into a routine of firing it up maybe an hour after the game so I don't even know if the longer delay was a temporary thing (working out glitches to start the season?) or permanent.

If you wait 30-60 minutes the game beaks are edited out for you - I plug my laptop into my TV and would rather not get off the couch, lol.

I'm also out west so the later evening works for me.

Blackouts during the playoffs are the real killer. Have to go another route to watch live then.

Edit: DanH beat me to it.
                Thanks. I was going to consider it until I realized I'd need to stay up til midnight on game nights.

I need my beauty rest.

Comment

guyroch wrote: View Post
                  Who does Jailbreak ?
                  well jailbreak is only for iOS devices. so you're out of luck with your samsung. i don't know how to get it for free for android devices.

Comment

How do you get LP blackout games on a jailbroken iPad? I tried googling it, but a lot of the links are a couple of years old and the methods don't work anymore (or possibly never did)

Comment

ironmanm20 wrote: View Post
                      How do you get LP blackout games on a jailbroken iPad? I tried googling it, but a lot of the links are a couple of years old and the methods don't work anymore (or possibly never did)
                      just look up "flex 2 nba league pass". theres a forum post on sinfuliphone.com i followed. it says "uk" version but that just means international version (since the app is US, canada counts as 'international').

you need to get flex 2 (app in cydia) that lets you patch apps on your phone/ipad. you can buy flex 2 for like $1.50 or something. or i guess pirate it if you really want. i paid for it. just follow the steps to patch league pass. it'll give you everything for free and will even let you watch black out games immediately.

mods feel free to delete this if its getting into weird pirate territory.

Comment

Bump..

Thinking of getting league pass this year. Questions:

1)After a game airs can I download it for offline viewing? I’m doing some international travel and will be on some long flights and would love to watch some raptors games while on airplane mode that I will have missed while they were on live.

2) If I watch a game the next morning does it cut out the commercial breaks/half time etc? If so, how long does it take to typically watch an archived game?

Thanks!

Comment

Drunk and in my underwear.

Comment

Rudy Bargnani wrote: View Post
                            Bump..

1)After a game airs can I download it for offline viewing? I’m doing some international travel and will be on some long flights and would love to watch some raptors games while on airplane mode that I will have missed while they were on live.

2) If I watch a game the next morning does it cut out the commercial breaks/half time etc? If so, how long does it take to typically watch an archived game?

Thanks!
                            I haven't looked into it too closely yet but Rogers has a new cable platform called Rogers Ignite. And it says you can download content to watch offline, so I'd bet it's very likely that you'd be able to do that with them. I, on the other hand am super pissed with them though cause I don't believe, unless I'm mistaken, that it accounts for what the they lost recently from their old platform, which was the ability to set your PVR from an app when you're away from home. WHY WOULD THEY TAKE THIS AWAY???????? That's how I recorded all the games and it was super convenient. Without that, I debate cable all together. Have to check with them and see if it's gonna be possible, otherwise talk to dreaded Bell. puke.

Comment

If you don't mind forgoing the offline viewing, I'd just opt for a decent IPTV service. The one I use is $10/m, and comes with all the TSN and Sportsnet channels.

Assuming you have an Android tablet, that is.

Comment

Rudy Bargnani wrote: View Post
                                Bump..

Thanks!
                                Not sure about #1 but for #2 the answer is yes, usually within 30-60 min after the game the archived version has all commercial breaks + halftime edited out. I think it takes something like 1 hr 40 min to watch the edited version, not 100% sure tho.

League Pass gets more expensive every year, which is starting to piss me off.

Comment

Working...
                                X