Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What will be THE move for us to be true contenders?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A star PF: Al Horford.
    Mamba Mentality

Comment

hotfuzz wrote: View Post
      Kd. Other teams are way too good. I mean, look at the spurs and the dubs, they're putting up historic numbers. No matter how much of a star demar or even if jv goes on to become an allstar, it still won't be enough. We need someone like kd or cousins to call ourselves legitimate contenders.
      if you get cousins no doubt he is an amazing talent but you need to hire a team of mental health professionals to have him move the needle upward on how good this team will become with his addition,

Comment

WJF wrote: View Post
        Jason Smith? Come on man, and Williams does not move the needle at all.
        It does move the needle if thats what the offensive scheme demands from the 4 spot.

If DD stays and I think he does.. and JV continues his slow trajectory upwards then the low post is pretty much taken care of and the lane is pretty full. You wouldn't need a low post 4 player to clog the middle up even more. You would need a guy who can shoot the corner 3 with consistency and rebound on defense to make the team as a whole better... which is what Williams and Smith can do at a gettable price....

Horford or Durant would be great but given our cap situation this just isn't possible unless you move most of the guys who Durant or Horford would need to make this a better team than it is now.

The needle doesn't have to move all that much for Raps to get better.
        Last edited by Demographic Shift; Fri Apr 1, 2016, 05:21 PM.
        There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
        - TGO

Comment

saints91 wrote: View Post
          If DeMarre can come back to the player he was with Atlanta, and give that 3 and D threat, I think all this team needs is internal growth. If JV can take another step and they actually let him be a focal point, both him and DeMarre would bring this to another level. Then the growth of Ross(25), Bismack(24, gotta resign him), Powell (23), CJ (25), Wright (24), Bebe (24), Bruno (21), and the rookies (???). This is a young team with a lot of room to get better. We could always move Bebe, and Wright to ensure we fill some of our holes.

If they can get another PF with a similar skillset to 2Pat I think we are set to contend. Let PP start or start the new guy, but really we just need a stretch 4 that can keep the other team honest.
          Yeah, I agree actually. I mean who wouldn't love to see a KD-level move, but this team has made some great strides over last season and it doesn't look like internal growth is capped out yet. If they take another step forward as individual players and as a team, and if Carroll is healthy for a season and integrated into the team, then they absolutely can realistically aim to challenge the Cavs for the EC and a Finals appearance.

DeMar's going to be shooting 40% from 3 next season. With our luck, he'll do it in a Laker's jersey.
          "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

S.R. wrote: View Post
            Yeah, I agree actually. I mean who wouldn't love to see a KD-level move, but this team has made some great strides over last season and it doesn't look like internal growth is capped out yet. If they take another step forward as individual players and as a team, and if Carroll is healthy for a season and integrated into the team, then they absolutely can realistically aim to challenge the Cavs for the EC and a Finals appearance.

DeMar's going to be shooting 40% from 3 next season. With our luck, he'll do it in a Laker's jersey.
            Yep. This team is arguably a contender now; will see in the playoffs, and for sure, a healthy Carroll will make a difference in 2016-17, too.

Either way, the whole "we are always evaluating" that has been an Ujiri mantra all along, I think will start to turn a corner this off-season. He's seen enough of the team playing together, I would think, to have a sense of how he wants to move the franchise forward over the next few years. More important than skillsets -- 'cause I think MU is confident enough in his own game to think he can go out and fill round holes with round pegs as needed -- I think he understands who each of these guys are personality-wise, and who fits his image of the team. For instance, for all Ross' potential as a scorer and defender, I don't get the feeling he's necessarily Ujiri's type of guy, and could easily see him being moved.

The "next step" to being a contender is likely internal development.
            Definition of Statistics: The science of producing unreliable facts from reliable figures.

Comment

charlesnba23 wrote: View Post
              Everything is in the title... I'm sure I'm not the only one that is already thinking about the summer.

Draft pick, draft day trade, summer trade, free agent signing... What do you think will be THE move that will get us over the top?

Because I really think there will be one. Next season is ours. Let's not forget that Lowry and Carroll will already be 31 by next spring.

What great move Masai could realistically do?

Hire a new coach.

Comment

rightsideup wrote: View Post
                if you get cousins no doubt he is an amazing talent but you need to hire a team of mental health professionals to have him move the needle upward on how good this team will become with his addition,
                Meh. I'm of the opinion that winning solves a lot of those issue by itself. Give Cousins a taste of winning and I think he'll definitely mature.
                "Stay steamy"

- Kobe

Comment

Let DD walk

Comment

OldSkoolCool wrote: View Post
                    Let DD walk
                    You have to follow that up with something else too right?

Is Masai gonna get replacement starting SG and PF with the freed up money?

Comment

A superb two way player, preferably at the 4.

Comment

I think it's either hitting a home run with the Knicks/nuggets pick OR a sign/trade for a young stretch 4 with breakout potential.

Maybe Golden State lets Harrison Barnes walk so they can pursue Durant? Then Barnes breaks out from under the splash brothers shadow and becomes a perennial all star?

Not necessarily him specifically....but that kind of move.

Comment

I liked Barnes a lot when he entered the league. I don't think he's back with the Warriors next season.

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post
                            I liked Barnes a lot when he entered the league. I don't think he's back with the Warriors next season.
                            MJ might pursue him for his Hornets

Comment

hotfuzz wrote: View Post
                              Meh. I'm of the opinion that winning solves a lot of those issue by itself. Give Cousins a taste of winning and I think he'll definitely mature.
                              I don't disagree with this, but it's still a gamble. If I'm Masai...I've built a nice foundation here, with a top seed in the conference AND a handful of nice young players AND a little war chest of draft picks...do I risk a big part of this on a guy like Cousins? Do I want to stake a chunk of my professional capital on him? Personally, I wouldn't.
                              "Stop eating your sushi."
                              "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
                              "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
                              - Jack Armstrong

Comment

charlesnba23 wrote: View Post
                                Everything is in the title... I'm sure I'm not the only one that is already thinking about the summer.

Draft pick, draft day trade, summer trade, free agent signing... What do you think will be THE move that will get us over the top?

Because I really think there will be one. Next season is ours. Let's not forget that Lowry and Carroll will already be 31 by next spring.

What great move Masai could realistically do?

Sign KD

Comment

Working...
                                X