Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Raptors On-Jersey Ads: can RR raise the $4M required?!?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Guess I should have read this closer.

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/14...ements-jerseys
    the new proposal features the future logo that teams can sell on the upper left chest. The proposed size of the logo is 2 1/2 inches by 2 1/2 inches.

Players will share in the revenue generated, as the money gained will be considered part of Basketball Related Income, which is factored into the salary cap.
    It's still just a proposal so we'll have to wait and see.
    Two beer away from being two beers away.

Comment

It's inevitable. I don't really have an issue with it mostly because with all re-brandings, third and fourth jerseys and constant logo changes, there really isn't anything iconic or historic about any team's uniforms anymore. It would be one thing for the Yankees to slap a Citibank ad on their pinstripes but are the New Orleans Pelicans jerseys sacrosanct? No.

I mean, the Raps wear black and gold jerseys cause of a hip hop artist who has courtside seats. Why? Cause fans buy them hand over fist. When everything is that cynical it's hard to get too worried about throwing a BMO logo on the jersey....

EDIT: By the way, I'm in for $100.

Comment

Guys, we've seen what the Ads will look like. They're small and hopefully will be subtle on the jersey's and fan versions probably won't have ads.... I hope. I don't care if players are wearing em, but NO to ad's on the jersey on my back, thank you.
        Axel wrote:
        Now Cody can stop posting about this guy and we have a poster to blame if anything goes wrong!!
        KeonClark wrote:
        We won't hear back from him. He dissapears into thin air and reappears when you least expect it. Ten is an enigma. Ten is a legend. Ten for the motherfucking win.
        KeonClark wrote:
        I can't wait until the playoffs start.

Until then, opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one and they most often stink

Comment

Magomercial

Here's an idea of what sort of thing they could do.

Comment

Katherynne73 wrote: View Post
            Guys, we've seen what the Ads will look like. They're small and hopefully will be subtle on the jersey's and fan versions probably won't have ads.... I hope. I don't care if players are wearing em, but NO to ad's on the jersey on my back, thank you.
            It'll start there, it won't stop there.

Soccer jerseys are at least still tasteful. Hopefully it stops here:

And not here:

"We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

S.R. wrote: View Post
              It'll start there, it won't stop there.

Soccer jerseys are at least still tasteful. Hopefully it stops here:

And not here:

Sorry, but those soccer jerseys look like shit. The Chevy logo is 4-5 times the size of the team logo. It's essentially just a red shirt with giant fucking Chevy logo on it. They should at least go the NY Red Bulls route and just re-name the team whatever brand you're trying to shove down our throats. Toronto Biosteel's, 2018 NBA Champions!

Comment

Primer wrote: View Post
                Sorry, but those soccer jerseys look like shit. The Chevy logo is 4-5 times the size of the team logo. It's essentially just a red shirt with giant fucking Chevy logo on it. They should at least go the NY Red Bulls route and just re-name the team whatever brand you're trying to shove down our throats. Toronto Biosteel's, 2018 NBA Champions!
                Lol, certainly not saying I like any of it, but European hockey jerseys have to be some of the worst for just mindlessly plastering ads on stuff.

Comment

My biggest issue is that they are trying to get merch purchasers to be their walking banners.

The TV broadcast is just the torjan horse. Once the stigma wears off of seeing it on the court during broadcasts the Jersey's won't feel authentic without it.

Why am being charged the privilege to proliferate a sponsors ad if I were to buy a jersey to support my team?

Pelee and Ronaldina at least get paid to wear the Sponsors AD that is 'professional kick the can' garb, their supporters pay to.

Comment

I bet the sponsor logo on the Raps jerseys will be for Goldfinger Personal Injury Law.
                    the original brow

Comment

Primer wrote: View Post
                      Trust me, that's coming as well. It might take 30 years or more, but it's all coming.
                      9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

ebrian wrote: View Post
                        I don't mind ads as long as they're obscure and not in your face like soccer jerseys. I assume whatever brand of jerseys we're wearing now is on the top right shoulder so maybe a small logo of whatever on the left shoulder is fine. Or perhaps on the back of your jersey at the bottom, although I know there's a few players who prefer to tuck in?
                        Players have to tuck in by rule as far as I am aware.

Comment

CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
                          LINK: http://www.tsn.ca/mlse-sets-target-p...y-ads-1.465217

MLSE has tentatively set prices for on-jersey advertising for the Raptors, which could potentially start in the 2017-18 season.

Raptors Republic has a year-and-a-half to raise the $4-5 million required to sponsor the Raptors for a season! RR bake sale? RR cookie drive? Ideas???

I'm so excited that the Raptors are going to look like this in the near future...

OR

OR

OR

How many members do we have? 4 million divided by number of members...

Comment

douby leave me wrote: View Post
                            I bet the sponsor logo on the Raps jerseys will be for Goldfinger Personal Injury Law.
                            Don't you mean Diamond and Diamond?

Comment

Oran wrote: View Post
                              Players have to tuck in by rule as far as I am aware.
                              Patrick Patterson needs a bungee cord to attache the back of his jersey to his socks when tucked in.

Comment

Random, related thought. I just noticed that on BBref.com, you can sponsor a team's page (I actually came across this while populating a points total spreadsheet for my office hockey pool). This means that every time someone goes to that team's page (for the year) it has your message at the top. Now the hockey ones are cheap (like $60 for the year), but the NBA ones are more expensive with the Raps clocking in at $610 (Pelicans are only $385 for anyone looking to troll them or the Maple Turds are just $120 if we want to target the disenchanted fan base to sway them to hoops).

Not sure what the sponsorship guidelines are, but could be a real way for RR to drum up business.
                                Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

Working...
                                X