No announcement yet.

Starters: Jack and Calderon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

When he started they won more games. We were talking about starters and I provided their win/loss records as starters.

Marz wrote: View Post
    But you're doing the same thing. Tim's post explains what I couldn't: You can't just look at the W/L record for the starting PG. That's more flawed than the stats I'm looking at.
    I'm providing the starting point. You don't think we should start with a concept such as starting which player resulted in more wins?
    Last edited by Apollo; Fri Apr 23, 2010, 04:10 PM.

Comment

The question is: "who worked better with the starting unit: Jack or Calderon?"

The question is not: "When Jose or Jack started, who had the better W/L record"

When playing with the starting unit is not the same as when starting. Lineups are dynamic, you know this just as much as I do. But eventually Triano uses one of his top 3 lineups:

Jose-DeRozan-Hedo-Andrea-Bosh
      Jack-DeRozan-Hedo-Andrea-Bosh
      Jose-Jack-Hedo-Andrea-Bosh

Did the last lineup start any games? I don't think so. But it sure played a lot of minutes. But because they didn't start the game that way their W/L record doesn't count? Really?

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post
        When he started they won more games. We were talking about starters and I provided their win/loss records as starters.

I'm providing the starting point. You don't think we should start with a concept such as starting which player resulted in more wins?
        Not when both players played the same amount of minutes, and when one was starting when the team had a much, much tougher schedule. There were some games that one started and only played 10 or 15 minutes. How does that say how good of a starter he is? In the case of Jack vs Calderon you have to look at how the team did when they were on the floor, not the win/loss record, which means absolutely nothing.
        Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
        Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

Marz wrote: View Post
          The question is: "who worked better with the starting unit: Jack or Calderon?"

The question is not: "When Jose or Jack started, who had the better W/L record"When playing with the starting unit is not the same as when starting. Lineups are dynamic, you know this just as much as I do. But eventually Triano uses one of his top 3 lineups:

Jose-DeRozan-Hedo-Andrea-Bosh
          Jack-DeRozan-Hedo-Andrea-Bosh
          Jose-Jack-Hedo-Andrea-Bosh

Did the last lineup start any games? I don't think so. But it sure played a lot of minutes. But because they didn't start the game that way their W/L record doesn't count? Really?
          wait, wait, wait, so if we have a 10-72 record and jose started all 72 of the lost games and jack started the 10 games we won.

but, jose semmed to have the starting unit playing better with him. then, jose should start?

didn't think about that one did you?
          If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

Working...
          X