Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Game #79 - Pacers 98 - Raptors 111

Vs

Quick turn around for the Raps, hosting the Pacers on Friday night. Pacers, fresh off a win over the LeBron-less Cavs on Wednesday, can clinch a playoff spot with a win over their potential first round opponent.

Pacers probable starters
    George Hill & Monta Ellis

Paul George

Lavoy Allen

Ian Mahinmi

Raptors probable starters - subject to change

*Raptors images reflect actual player speed.

Keys to the game:

1. Are we trying to win? Last night we certainly didn't look like we were playing to win, despite 34 mins from Lowry and DD. This game means a lot to the Pacers and has a psychological factor since we might be playing these guys next week in the first round. Will Casey choose to rest guys or go for the win? If Pacers win, we would be tied on the season series 2-2, certainly giving the Pacers confidence if we play next week.

2. DeMarre Carroll looked good last night in 14 mins. How much further along can he be safely pushed? 17 mins? 20 mins? 41 mins? A tough match up with Paul George to boot.

3. Closing out on shooters - Pacers have been lights out lately (including 51% from deep on Wednesday), scoring 110 PPG in their last 3. Paul George has been zoned in from down town. Pacers could be peaking at the right time. Certainly incentive to try and knock them off their game.

4. Protect the rock. Pacers are one of the best at generating turnovers and have had success in this season's previous meetings, especially with Lowry.

Fun Fact of the Game
    Raptors 2nd last home game of the season - with a current 30-9 home record - the Raps can set a new franchise record with their 31 home win tonight. With their last home game being against Philly, the Raps have a good chance to have single digit home losses if they can win tonight.
    Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Axel wrote: View Post
    *Raptors images reflect actual player speed.
    LOL. Scola with the still frame.
    twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

I think Carroll should not play tonight. Why risk a back to back so close to the playoffs? Take the next few days to see how the knee reacts to game action, then ramp him up over the three cupcake games.
      twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

DanH wrote: View Post
        I think Carroll should not play tonight. Why risk a back to back so close to the playoffs? Take the next few days to see how the knee reacts to game action, then ramp him up over the three cupcake games.
        I don't think he will play tonight either.

Comment

I agree...let Paul George go off tonight (or get Powelled) and then unleash Carroll in the playoffs

Comment

2. DeMarre Carroll looked good last night in 14 mins. How much further along can he be safely pushed? 17 mins? 20 mins? 41 mins? A tough match up with Paul George to boot.

3. Closing out on shooters - Pacers have been lights out lately (including 51% from deep on Wednesday), scoring 110 PPG in their last 3. Paul George has been zoned in from down town. Pacers could be peaking at the right time. Certainly incentive to try and knock them off their game.
            I don't think DMC should be pushed one bit. Maybe not sit him, but the 10-15 is good enough. I would be fine with him not playing over 20 minutes in one game for the rest of the season and even in Round 1.

The 3 games the Pacers played Philly, Knicks and the Cavs without their fearless overlord...I mean leader. I'm sure the Raptors are going to peak their last 3 games as well.
            Two beer away from being two beers away.

Comment

If his knee has no swelling, I would be okay with him getting another 15 mins tonight. We play every other day from here on out, which is basically the playoff schedule.

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

Comment

Mess wrote: View Post
                  I don't think DMC should be pushed one bit. Maybe not sit him, but the 10-15 is good enough.
                  But what will Casey think...

He did say this about last night

“He gave us energy,” Casey said. “He’s on a minute limitation. I thought he came in and gave it to us defensively. Made a big shot, but it’s going to take him time. We don’t expect him to come out and change the world right off the bat.”

Comment

Paul George comments from Indy Star

Paul George said he thinks the Raptors will not be coy about Friday’s game. George expects DeMar DeRozan and Kyle Lowry, the Raptors’ leading scorers, to be in uniform for the game. The opposite happened in the Pacers’ previous two games, as Cleveland’s LeBron James and New York’s Carmelo Anthony and Kristaps Porzingis sat out to rest.

This is a veteran group and this team has been together a while now,” George said of the Raptors, who have been eliminated in the first round the past two years. “They’re not going to let up and they have had some trouble in the playoffs. In my opinion, it wouldn’t be smart for them to change what they’re doing. They want to get out of this first round and make it to the second round. The only way of doing that is continuing to play well now heading into the playoffs.”

The Pacers don’t have the luxury of choosing rest – at least not yet.

George said he would consider resting his battered body if the Pacers win Friday and clinch their playoff spot. He said that would be an additional motivation for Friday’s game.

“If we can lock up a playoff spot, and get not only myself but a couple other of these guys off their feet and give them that extra day of rest, I think that’s most important,” he said.

Comment

Mess wrote: View Post
                      I don't think DMC should be pushed one bit. Maybe not sit him, but the 10-15 is good enough. I would be fine with him not playing over 20 minutes in one game for the rest of the season and even in Round 1.
                      I disagree. Carroll should be ramped up to about 24 MPG over the rest of the season, to see how the swelling responds. If it is stable, that's great. If it becomes problematic, scale back. Then by the time the Raptors might be in the second round, should have a good idea if Carroll can handle more.

Carroll said the swelling is just a matter of him being able to handle the workload, not a danger to his recovery and with no danger of causing further damage according to the doctors.
                      twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

But what will Casey think...
                        It doesn't matter what Casey thinks. It isn't his call.

Comment

I disagree. Carroll should be ramped up to about 24 MPG over the rest of the season, to see how the swelling responds. If it is stable, that's great. If it becomes problematic, scale back. Then by the time the Raptors might be in the second round, should have a good idea if Carroll can handle more.

Carroll said the swelling is just a matter of him being able to handle the workload, not a danger to his recovery and with no danger of causing further damage according to the doctors.
                          Yeah I had put 25 minutes in my post originally then scaled it back a little. Call it The Casey Factor.

I was also factoring in the hiccups of having him back in the lineup with rotations and chemistry. Not going to be a huge change but it's still an adjustment.
                          Two beer away from being two beers away.

Comment

slaw wrote: View Post
                            It doesn't matter what Casey thinks. It isn't his call.
                            How so?

Comment

Lets spank them. We are their fathers after all
                              Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

Working...
                              X