• Show
Clear All

MixxAOR wrote: View Post
    Lets spank them. We are their fathers after all
    Spanking is illegal in Canada.

Comment

Axel wrote: View Post
      Paul George comments from Indy Star

Paul George said he thinks the Raptors will not be coy about Friday’s game. George expects DeMar DeRozan and Kyle Lowry, the Raptors’ leading scorers, to be in uniform for the game. The opposite happened in the Pacers’ previous two games, as Cleveland’s LeBron James and New York’s Carmelo Anthony and Kristaps Porzingis sat out to rest.

This is a veteran group and this team has been together a while now,” George said of the Raptors, who have been eliminated in the first round the past two years. “They’re not going to let up and they have had some trouble in the playoffs. In my opinion, it wouldn’t be smart for them to change what they’re doing. They want to get out of this first round and make it to the second round. The only way of doing that is continuing to play well now heading into the playoffs.”

The Pacers don’t have the luxury of choosing rest – at least not yet.

George said he would consider resting his battered body if the Pacers win Friday and clinch their playoff spot. He said that would be an additional motivation for Friday’s game.

“If we can lock up a playoff spot, and get not only myself but a couple other of these guys off their feet and give them that extra day of rest, I think that’s most important,” he said.
      Lmao love how he totally contradicted himself here. So it would be stupid for us to rest and not to continue to play well heading into the playoffs but he is above that I guess?

Comment

How so?
        Dwane Casey doesn't decide whether Carroll is on a minutes restriction or whether he is in the lineup. That's above his pay grade. Management will be making that call. All Casey gets to decide is how many minutes he plays up to the minutes limit if he's in the lineup. Is this discussion still happening?

Comment

slaw wrote: View Post
          Dwane Casey doesn't decide whether Carroll is on a minutes restriction or whether he is in the lineup. That's above his pay grade. Management will be making that call. All Casey gets to decide is how many minutes he plays up to the minutes limit if he's in the lineup. Is this discussion still happening?
          Yes, but do we know what the minutes restriction is? No?

So we can't say for sure what the range of minutes available even is, so it's perfectly fair to question how many minutes Carroll might get. You're welcome to not participate in the discussion if you don't want.
          Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

So we can't say for sure what the range of minutes available even is, so it's perfectly fair to question how many minutes Carroll might get. You're welcome to not participate in the discussion if you don't want.
            I appreciate the kind offer but I think I'll continue to participate by pointing out that Casey doesn't have final say over injured players playing or not or minutes restrictions every time this discussion comes up.

Comment

I appreciate the kind offer but I think I'll continue to participate by pointing out that Casey doesn't have final say over injured players playing or not or minutes restrictions every time this discussion comes up.
              If Carroll is cleared to play 40 minutes, Casey is well within his rights to impose a 24 MPG minutes limit.
              twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Carroll and Casey mentioned in one of those shoot around interview its about 10 - 15 mins. And if you pay attention to the media interview from Carroll you can see he constantly discusses about how he is working "Masaiiiee" and "other" staffs about his on court time.

so we can perhaps make a reasonable assumption that Casey doesnt have that much of an input in the time limit.
                Last edited by ball4life; Fri Apr 8, 2016, 01:21 PM.

Comment

DanH wrote: View Post
                  If Carroll is cleared to play 40 minutes, Casey is well within his rights to impose a 24 MPG minutes limit.
                  Agreed. He's also free to not play him at all or play him 40 minutes. That's trite and has never been at issue. In fact, I actually wrote that in my post..... "All Casey gets to decide is how many minutes he plays up to the minutes limit if he's in the lineup."....

But that's never been contentious. The contentious point has always been the assertion by some and the implication by others that somehow Dwane Casey has final say over injured players playing and minutes limits for those players, etc. Don't make me waste a half hour trying to go pull that old post from the Fire Casey thread again....... that's all I'm pushing back against.

Comment

Agreed. He's also free to not play him at all or play him 40 minutes. That's trite and has never been at issue. In fact, I actually wrote that in my post..... "All Casey gets to decide is how many minutes he plays up to the minutes limit if he's in the lineup."....

But that's never been contentious. The contentious point has always been the assertion by some and the implication by others that somehow Dwane Casey has final say over injured players playing and minutes limits for those players, etc. Don't make me waste a half hour trying to go pull that old post from the Fire Casey thread again....... that's all I'm pushing back against.
                    A coach may or may not be the one to dictate if a player is on a minutes restriction or not.

A coach absolutely controls how much minutes any player on their team plays on a given night as they're the ones dictating who's actually playing at what times. Whether or not they actually pay attention to the specific minutes while played is a different issue.

The two things are not mutually exclusive.
                    Last edited by Just Is; Fri Apr 8, 2016, 01:36 PM.
                    "My biggest concern as a coach is to not confuse winning with progress." - Steve Kerr
                    "If it's unacceptable in defeat, it's unacceptable in victory." - Jeff Van Gundy

Comment

Is anyone really saying that? There was pretty clearly a minutes restriction on him when he came back from the knee injury the first time, right around 24 MPG. It was too little, too late at that point. But not one before, at the start of the season and after the PF. My criticism of Casey in this topic has always been that Carroll, whatever he's medically cleared to do, has only ever played about 30 MPG and any more than that is risking his health.
                      twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Regardless of who sets the minutes cap, Casey gets to decide how many up to that cap that Carroll plays. So why is it an issue to you for me to ask "how many minutes will Carroll get"?

ball4life wrote: View Post
                        Carroll and Casey mentioned in one of those shoot around interview its about 10 - 15 mins. And if you pay attention to the media interview from Carroll you can see he constantly discusses about how he is working "Masaiiiee" and "other" staffs about his on court time.

so we can perhaps make a reasonable assumption that Casey doesnt have that much of an input in the time limit.
                        Well Carroll played 13:50 last night, so we can safely say it is at least 14 minutes. But Casey gets to decide whether he plays 10 or 14 or those 14 minutes.

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

So you are actually arguing against posts that are neither a part of this thread or recent?

Comment

So you are actually arguing against posts that are neither a part of this thread or recent?
                            No.

Comment

No.
                              Well you said this to Dan

"The contentious point has always been the assertion by some and the implication by others that somehow Dwane Casey has final say over injured players playing and minutes limits for those players, etc."

So can you find a post here that talks about Casey having final say over injured players playing? My guess is no, because it's a non-issue, Carroll has obviously been cleared to play based on last night.

Comment

Those old posts are not worth bringing up again. They were tedious then and they're tedious now.
                                Two beer away from being two beers away.

Comment

Working...
                                X