Everything Round 1 (2016)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Apollo wrote: View Post
    You've been kind of saying DD doesn't have a passing problem, he just likes to pass it off the rim and glass and hey, at that points it's JV's and Biz' problem. I have to ask you... Are you DeMar DeRozan? His cousin maybe?
    His my 2nd cousin and Casey is my uncle.
    @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• S.R. wrote: View Post
      Man DeMar looked rattled last night - worse than game 1. Looked like Patterson last fall when his shot wasn't falling. DeMar doesn't know what to do right now, he doesn't know what to do with the ball and whoever he guards is torching him. He wasn't even in the picture on some of Monta's buckets, you'd have a hard time knowing who was even guarding Ellis.

DeMar's too small vs. George and too slow vs. Monta. Powell's better vs. George and CoJo's better vs. Monta. It's a bit sad.

Maybe DeMar should guard Hill and they switch Lowry onto Ellis?

Hope #1 - DeMar's game settles down on the road.
      Hope #2 - Lowry's elbow doesn't mean he's going to shoot 30% for the entire playoffs. The FTM were a really good sign last night.

So many of the other guys were huge last night. Awesome night for most of the roster. Much better decision making offensively all around and the defense was great for 3 quarters.
      That's actually a REALLY good idea. Put Demar on George. He is too slow to guard Monta and just can't guard George. Hill doesn't do much on offense and isn't super quick. They should really look into that.
      I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

Comment

• CNinja26 wrote: View Post
        Basketball is a match ups game, and we got a gigantic advantage with JV. He may not be able to seize a game in the final minutes, but he's more than capable of scoring in bunches at an effective clip, rebounding and protecting the rim. HE needs to be the focus in this series. They have no answer for him.
        Well, Indy had largely been looking to clog the paint on pick and rolls and cheat to Lowry/DD/Joseph but I expect they'll be far more focused on JV in Game 3 which means that the ball handlers should have more room and there will be weak side options more readily available. We started to see some signs of this in the second half last night.

Comment

• slaw wrote: View Post
          Well, Indy had largely been looking to clog the paint on pick and rolls and cheat to Lowry/DD/Joseph but I expect they'll be far more focused on JV in Game 3 which means that the ball handlers should have more room and there will be weak side options more readily available. We started to see some signs of this in the second half last night.
          Yeah we did. Basically Pacers have to pick there poison. Stop our guards or stop JV. Can't do both.
          @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• GLF wrote: View Post
            That's actually a REALLY good idea. Put Demar on George. He is too slow to guard Monta and just can't guard George. Hill doesn't do much on offense and isn't super quick. They should really look into that.
            Demar has struggled staying out on 3P shooters though, George Hill is their best from deep. I'd rather him on Monta and use his size advantage.
            Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• Axel wrote: View Post
              Demar has struggled staying out on 3P shooters though, George Hill is their best from deep. I'd rather him on Monta and use his size advantage.
              That's true
              I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

Comment

• Game 3: Toronto Raptors 101 - Indiana Pacers 85 (TOR 2-1)

Projected Starters:

Key Bench Contributors

AT

Projected Starters:

Key Bench Contributors

GAME NOTES
                • Terrence Ross is questionable for game 3 as he undergoes the league-mandated concussion protocol after colliding with DeMar DeRozan in game 2.
                • Ian Mahinmi is listed as day-to-day with a sore lower back.
                • Only two Raptors have recorded 20pt-15reb games in the playoffs. The first was Chris Bosh in 2008 vs Orlando. The second was Jonas Valanciunas in game 2 vs the Pacers.
                • Through two games the Raps have averaged a 48-36 edge in rebounding. We also have outscored the Pacers on average 44-28 in the paint.
                • After allowing the Pacers to shoot over 50% from outside in game 1, we improved significantly in game 2 and held them to 20%. Our outside shooting continues to be weak, though, as we are tied with Dallas as the 2nd/3rd worst outside-shooting teams in the playoffs.
                • From an Indy Star article: Paul George can't beat the Raptors by himself:
                  What’s happening here is a breakdown across the board, once the board moves past Paul George and gets to the rest of the Pacers:
                  George is shooting 54.1 percent from the floor this series (20-of-37); the rest of the team is at 38.4 percent (43-of-112).
                  George is shooting 75 percent on 3-pointers (6-of-8); the rest of the team is at 27.3 percent (9-of-33).

--------------

Purple good luck charm, in memoriam. RIP

Comment

• I'm hulking out!!!

Comment

• Let's go!! We need this one or game 4 (or both). I say we take this one before we have to play another afternoon game on Saturday.

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
                      Or sometimes he drive knowing JV's man will come over. Putting the shot on the rim knowing that JV/Biz will have the advantage over a smaller defender.
                      Holy crap. I have to end this madness. I have to. I combed through the game logs for this, because THINK OF THE CHILDREN.

Game 1: DeRozan missed 14 shots. JV and Biyombo combined for ONE offensive rebound on those missed shots.
                      Game 2: DeRozan missed 13 shots. JV and Biyombo combined for TWO offensive rebounds on those missed shots.

That's three offensive rebounds on 27 missed shots. Assuming they convert those offensive rebounds to two points every time (they did not, in reality, even score a single point on those three offensive boards), that's 6 points for those 27 possessions.

Am I crazy? Am I really having to point out that this is bad? I feel like I'm losing my mind even typing this out in response to such nonsense.
                      twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
                        Holy crap. I have to end this madness. I have to. I combed through the game logs for this, because THINK OF THE CHILDREN.

Game 1: DeRozan missed 14 shots. JV and Biyombo combined for ONE offensive rebound on those missed shots.
                        Game 2: DeRozan missed 13 shots. JV and Biyombo combined for TWO offensive rebounds on those missed shots.

That's three offensive rebounds on 27 missed shots. Assuming they convert those offensive rebounds to two points every time (they did not, in reality, even score a single point on those three offensive boards), that's 6 points for those 27 possessions.

Am I crazy? Am I really having to point out that this is bad? I feel like I'm losing my mind even typing this out in response to such nonsense.
                        So what you are saying is that in game 3, they will either score 3 or 4 points, and then we'll know whether it's a linear progression or exponential.

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• Game 3: Toronto Raptors at Indiana Pacers - Thu Apr 21st, 7:30pm ET - TSN

Man, where is that boat gif.

I specifically requested the boat gif!!!

Comment

• Axel wrote: View Post
                            Man, where is that boat gif.

I specifically requested the boat gif!!!
                            What boat gif? I only skimmed the game thread yesterday, sorry.

Comment

• It will feel really nice if we go up 2-1

If Demar and Kyle both even play average it will be a blowout win
                              Abbas wrote:

First of all i was my own source

Comment

• Abbas wrote: View Post
                                It will feel really nice if we go up 2-1

If Demar and Kyle both even play average it will be a blowout win
                                This narrative really needs to die.

If DeMar and Kyle continue to trust their teammates, we will win. In game one they didn't, in game 2 they did. That's what matters.
                                twitter.com/anthonysmdoyle

Comment

Working...
                                X