Everything Round 1 (2016)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• consmap wrote: View Post
    Honestly I'm expecting more of the same on offense, but they'll probably bring it on D.
    Feeding JV and moving the ball is only allowed one game per series
    The defense is fine. The offense is completely the problem
    9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• JV is averaging 11.8 shots and 26.8 minutes. How is this happening?
      twitter.com/anthonysmdoyle

Comment

• sanyo wrote: View Post
        Sucks for all those fans who drove down there and spent money on tixs, hotels etc...

what a piss poor effort
        Still probably cheaper than tickets in Toronto
        A key that opens many locks is a master key, but a lock that gets open by many keys is just a shitty lock

Comment

• They made their lineup change to put Myles Turner into the lineup, we need to get Scola out. We cant let them start the game the way they did today. That's just asking for problem. Put someone else in, put JT, put JJ! anyone not named Scola.

Also, take the ball out of DD's hand and let him take shots off of screens, catch and shoot, run a set play. He can not go iso on PG. He is not a star to draw calls in playoffs. They need to lose this idea that Demars gonna get star treatment.

Comment

• Fuggin Groundhog day.

DD and Mahinmi shoot twice the amount of shots as JV and Casey is looking at ways to get KL and DD better shots. Ugghhhh this is so frustrating. Ever since Casey said Bargnani and DD are the go to guys for shooting its been a shitfest.

The thing with DD is hes been on a poor team AND the coach has allowed him to shoot more than anyone. As he team progressed his talent set has been less useful but since hes teachers pet hes still the no1 option.

What is most frustrating is this BS about DDs shot coming back like hes ray allen. hes never shot well. hes had many 5-17 games. And wheres the dunks? Even with his bad shooting it was propped up when he was going hard. Now when he drives he drives right under the basket where he gets stuffed or misses. He ends up so far under the basket and being draped hes not even looking for the shot. He should be lifting off outside the circle like he used to do and DESTROYING. That strikes fear into them even if he gets a charge here or there it opens up everything. Without going strong his fg% will consistently be 30%.

And this thing about Toronto bitching well Toronto is arguably the worst sports city in NA walking around smiling would be way more stupid. The Leafs have been embarrassing but sell out. TFC has had one of the strongest fan bases in the league and made it to the playoffs never I think (maybe one game vs mtl last year) Jays just broke out of the longest playoff drought in the majors and we know how the raptors have done in 21 years ----- still supported by a very good fan base. Bitching? We have reason to do much worse than that.

Casey is so fukn stubborn I cant stand him. You know how to get DD better shots Ill tell you Casey - tell him to shoot less, go to the rim with posterize in your head not a whistle and dish if you cant.

Comment

• Well people, what we have now (imo) is the same situation as after game 1. Pressure. And more. And please dont say some of the guys aren't going to feel it.

We have to win game 5 at home. And DD alog with Casey better come out with a better approach/game plan.

I believe the rest of the team got affected by both of the above not adjusting/playing half decent.

Get out of the fucking first round...this was the best opponent we could have asked for.

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
                Just a note. After game 1, DeMar said he wouldn't be shooting 5/19 again.

Over the 4 games of the series, DeMar is AVERAGING 5/18.

Great job eliminating that one missed FGA, DeMar. That was a joke after the second game when he shot 5/18, but much funnier (or significantly less funny depending on your point of view) that it's held up since.
                Will someone in the media please hold him to account for his disconnect between speech and performance.

Comment

• Take care of the ball. That's it. Each game we've lost is cause we had 19 turnovers. These guys can't can't score in the half court. If they can't get it off their D. PG is shooting 34.3 from the field last 2 games. D is good enough. Just take care of the ball please.
                  Last edited by Chr1s1anL; Sat Apr 23, 2016, 09:24 PM.
                  @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
                    Take care of the ball. That's it. Each game we've lost is cause we had 19 turnovers. These guys can't can't score in the half court. If they can't get it off their D. PG is shooting 34.3 from the field. D is good enough. Just take care of the ball please.
                    Yeah, it's entirely the offence. Not just turnovers, but bad long jumpers, quite often with no rebounders in position - those lead to runouts too.
                    twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
                      Take care of the ball. That's it. Each game we've lost is cause we had 19 turnovers. These guys can't can't score in the half court. If they can't get it off their D. PG is shooting 34.3 from the field. D is good enough. Just take care of the ball please.
                      DeMar needs to grow a brain or something and stop running into a field of players just to try and kick it out when he realizes he can't finish.

Comment

• tDotted wrote: View Post
                        DeMar needs to grow a brain or something and stop running into a field of players just to try and kick it out when he realizes he can't finish.
                        demar needs to go away.

i'm done with him.

getting rid of demar and casey will be addition by subtraction.

Comment

• MangoKid wrote: View Post
                          Okay kids, because I'm sure a lot of you are either in hs or university, or just plain young in general, gotta run - my 3 month old is wailing and I gotta put my 3-year to bed. But..it's been real. Have a good night y'all. Try not to stress about today. Its a best of 3 series now and we have home court. I like our odds. Dueces.

Sent from my LG-H901 using Tapatalk
                          How are you a mod dude? You seem a little sensitive. Saying everyone who doesn't agree with you is immature is pretty immature of you.

I don't expect basketball knowledge to dictate who can be a mod or not, but I do expect a little more maturity and thick skin out of someone who is charged with moderating the forum.

Shouldnt you be an example?

Comment

• So Vogel started Myles Turner. Oh my god he wasn't worried about disrupting bench chemisty?!?! Vogel is so wild
                            Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• MangoKid wrote: View Post
                              Okay kids, because I'm sure a lot of you are either in hs or university, or just plain young in general, gotta run - my 3 month old is wailing and I gotta put my 3-year to bed. But..it's been real. Have a good night y'all. Try not to stress about today. Its a best of 3 series now and we have home court. I like our odds. Dueces.

Sent from my LG-H901 using Tapatalk
                              Not sure how assuming people's ages helps your argument.

For the record, haven't been in HS or Uni in a long time, and my kid is older than both of yours. Take that for what you will.
                              twitter.com/anthonysmdoyle

Comment

• Not a huge fan of Carroll/Patterson saying for some reason they play better on the road. That doesn't bode well at all for the next two games!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X