Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DanH wrote: View Post
    Yes! Hell yes.

We won. The future is so much less terrible than it could have been.

Loads to complain about still, of course. That run-the-clock offence in the 4th was the stuff of nightmares. DeMar somehow managed to be terribly inefficient while scoring 30 points.

All good though. We won. Patterson was great, JV and BB dominated the glass, Lowry made winning plays, CoJo and Powell were fantastic again, Carroll solid as ever.

Bring on Miami.
    Your post sums it up. Well done.

Comment

• Well, they won.

Somehow it doesn't feel much like success to me but once Round 2 starts I'll get over that.

Better than the alternative anyway.
      Two beer away from being two beers away.

Comment

• Mess wrote: View Post
        Well, they won.

Somehow it doesn't feel much like success to me but once Round 2 starts I'll get over that.

Better than the alternative anyway.
        Summed up my feelings exactly (although I already knew I'd feel that way the second it reached Game 7 after being blown out a few times).
        "My biggest concern as a coach is to not confuse winning with progress." - Steve Kerr
        "If it's unacceptable in defeat, it's unacceptable in victory." - Jeff Van Gundy

Comment

• Here's where I'm at:

This series absolutely validated a lot of my concerns from the regular season.

I don't care, we won.

But now that I'm starting to look at the Miami series, those things need to be better and all indications are that they won't be.
          twitter.com/anthonysmdoyle

Comment

• Barolt wrote: View Post
            Here's where I'm at:

This series absolutely validated a lot of my concerns from the regular season.

I don't care, we won.

But now that I'm starting to look at the Miami series, those things need to be better and all indications are that they won't be.
            I'm hoping the Pacers and their defence were actually better suited to exposing the Raptors than the Heat will be.
            "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• S.R. wrote: View Post
              I'm hoping the Pacers and their defence were actually better suited to exposing the Raptors than the Heat will be.
              This series isn't about the offensive end of the floor for us. It's about the defensive end. This Heat team can score. We have to find a way to stop them.

Comment

• Ouch. It's Paul George's birthday today.

Regardless of us winning, he was phenomenal in this series. Best player on the floor.

Comment

This series isn't about the offensive end of the floor for us. It's about the defensive end. This Heat team can score. We have to find a way to stop them.
                  Charlotte did...it involved aggressively closing out on the three point line

Comment

• Started watching this game with around 10m to go in the 4th. Thought I had jinxed them again by watching since the lead was shrinking and they went into turtle mode which I can't stand.

Glad they won but I think Miami is going to give them nightmares if this is how they handled the Pacers. I hope they loosen up after finally getting that first round fail monkey off their back. Hard for the NBA to not wish for a MIA Vs Lebron ECF so I will be watching the zebras extra close from beneath my tinfoil hat.

Comment

• OldSkoolCool wrote: View Post
                      Something we've been fantastic at the whole season and was definitely not a concern during the season either.
                      "My biggest concern as a coach is to not confuse winning with progress." - Steve Kerr
                      "If it's unacceptable in defeat, it's unacceptable in victory." - Jeff Van Gundy

Comment

Regardless of us winning, he was phenomenal in this series. Best player on the floor.
                        I agree. The guy is amazing. If the Pacers can bring in another legit two way star watch out.

Comment

• OldSkoolCool wrote: View Post
                          Charlotte has a great defensive coach.

If we end up trying to close out hard on the shooters, we'll end up in our scramble D in no time. Miami has little shooting. We need to contain dribble penetration because if Jonas/BB have to rotate to help a lot, Whiteside will feast on us. These guys have less speed and shooting on the perimeter than Indy, so I really hope we don't start scrambling.

Anyway, hopefully Carroll and Powell both show up to play, because I don't know who else will defend JJ and Wade for us.

Comment

• DeRozan non-call last 10 seconds

Maybe I'm naive, but when I look at the "should-have-been foul call" on DeRozan in the last few seconds, I see a guy who thinks a shot is going up and is boxing out. Am I totally out to lunch? If he was boxing out, do you still call that a foul?

Comment

• It was a foul. It was absolutely a foul. But it wasn't the only blown call in the series, so whatever.

Comment

• if this is the push on mahini, give it a rest. mahini is a giant. took a small push in the back, wah wah wah. fuck off. raptors fans saying demar should have been punished for that because they wanted it to be his fault we lost a series are petty. jv got hammered by mahini, turner and anyone else that went down low over and over again. going to bitch about a 2 guard pushing a 5. jesus. wah wah wah

Comment

Working...
                                X